There are 104 users in the forums

What's there to be excited about this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Every team has hopes and aspirations, it's what football is all about.

Unfortunately, some people's aspirations are for the team to go 2-14 so that the team can draft the best quarterback available next year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
may be baalke's last year?

Originally posted by 49erphan:

Unfortunately, some people's aspirations are for the team to go 2-14 so that the team can draft the best quarterback available next year.

Yep, gotta love that kind of moronic thinking. Let's lose Yay!
With so many youngsters on the roster, how can any true fan not be intrigued by the 2016 campaign? Here are a few uncertainties I'm eager to see develop.

Carlos Hyde: Potential break-out season.
DeAndre Smelter: Has the measurables to be a beast in the passing game.
Bruce Ellington: Could become a very good slot receiver.
Eric Rogers/Aaron Burbridge/DeAndrew White: Does somebody emerge as a diamond in the rough?
Blake Bell: Does he supplant Vance "Hands of Stone" McDonald?
Joshua Garnett: Can he be a mauler at the next level?

Deforest Buckner: Curious to see how much they let him play.
Arik Armstead: Jump in production from year one to year two.
Aaron Lynch: Hoping he has more sacks in 2016
Eli Harold: Bigger, stronger, faster? Show it!
Jacquiski Tartt: Hope he builds on a very successful rookie season.
Jimmy Ward: Does he start on the outside opposite Brock?
Will Redmond: Already penciled in as the slot corner?
Rashard Robinson: Will he live up to the hype?

Chip Kelly: Gimmick?
Bradley Pinion: Pro Bowler?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and some want the team to fail to we can fire trent..... chaz
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

and some want the team to fail to we can fire trent..... chaz
WANT the team to fail?

Ok, let's see. Went from worst OL in NFL with Devey, Martin, Pears to : Staley Zane KIlgore Garnett Brown ...and then put Bell at RTE and you have one helluva OL. Sure most are green, but give them a few games and then decide.

Front 7....Some mocks had Buckner #1, all had him in top 7 and many had him somewhere between 2 and 5. Add him to the guy some rated the #2 best player in 2015 draft (after 1 yr) and we have the makings of a stellar, huge, front 3. Whether Ian, Dorsey, or whoever is NT, this will be an awesome front 3. Even better, we have a kid from Applachian state who on film looks to be a first rate DE and will see time in rotation. We still have Bow and Hodges (most tackles on team), and then there is the DBs. Added 3 CBs, all who can cover man, as opposed to the 6 zone guys we have had last few yrs, and whose D scheme failed. Our biggest D concern last yr was passes to middle 1/3 of the field....it was wide open all yr. JoN is going to play a lot more man this yr and that is what the 3 CBs drafted will be doing. Here it is a matter of health and maturity, but we will all see how this plays out over the yr.

Finally we got a real live HC...not an imitation, but a real one, with a very different view on how to play the game, particularly on O. Additonally we got rid of mangini, which in and of itself makes us better. He was just here looking for a HC job and once Chip was hired, no way mangini stayed around. Good riddance. So we have an aggressive HC/OC, the first HC in years to also be our OC...which is as it should be. HIs up tempo O will delight some, tire some out (OLs), but will be exciting to watch.

We got the best WR from the CFL and then an entire army of guys competing for #3 WR...and some decent backups. Torrey will once again look like...well, Torrey with a real OC calling plays. The other intriguing player is the "throw away pick" of a late round QB...and it is going to be fascinating how this young man does under chip. Could he possibly start at some time this yr? Maybe, but more important will be how he picks up Chip's up tempo game, and does he have the requisite quick read, quick release, AND accuracy? I do see him getting some PT this yr, just to gauge how he is doing.

That to me sums up what will be an exciting yr for us, with the hope that Gab or Kap excels in Chip's O style. We have gone from 5 yrs of NO QB coaching , to a yr when our QBs are going to be able to really show what they have, and will have a terrific OC/HC/QB coach. Look for QB to go from a weak position to a strong one under Chip. I can't think of a yr I so look forward to seeing how our guys do, particularly under new HC and virtually all asst coaches. Plus we have an army of these guys too.

What's to be excited about this season? How about what's NOT to be excited about this season?
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 15, 2016 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Ok, let's see. Went from worst OL in NFL with Devey, Martin, Pears to : Staley Zane KIlgore Garnett Brown ...and then put Bell at RTE and you have one helluva OL. Sure most are green, but give them a few games and then decide.

Front 7....Some mocks had Buckner #1, all had him in top 7 and many had him somewhere between 2 and 5. Add him to the guy some rated the #2 best player in 2015 draft (after 1 yr) and we have the makings of a stellar, huge, front 3. Whether Ian, Dorsey, or whoever is NT, this will be an awesome front 3. Even better, we have a kid from Applachian state who on film looks to be a first rate DE and will see time in rotation. We still have Bow and Hodges (most tackles on team), and then there is the DBs. Added 3 CBs, all who can cover man, as opposed to the 6 zone guys we have had last few yrs, and whose D scheme failed. Our biggest D concern last yr was passes to middle 1/3 of the field....it was wide open all yr. JoN is going to play a lot more man this yr and that is what the 3 CBs drafted will be doing. Here it is a matter of health and maturity, but we will all see how this plays out over the yr.

Finally we got a real live HC...not an imitation, but a real one, with a very different view on how to play the game, particularly on O. Additonally we got rid of mangini, which in and of itself makes us better. He was just here looking for a HC job and once Chip was hired, no way mangini stayed around. Good riddance. So we have an aggressive HC/OC, the first HC in years to also be our OC...which is as it should be. HIs up tempo O will delight some, tire some out (OLs), but will be exciting to watch.

We got the best WR from the CFL and then an entire army of guys competing for #3 WR...and some decent backups. Torrey will once again look like...well, Torrey with a real OC calling plays. The other intriguing player is the "throw away pick" of a late round QB...and it is going to be fascinating how this young man does under chip. Could he possibly start at some time this yr? Maybe, but more important will be how he picks up Chip's up tempo game, and does he have the requisite quick read, quick release, AND accuracy? I do see him getting some PT this yr, just to gauge how he is doing.

That to me sums up what will be an exciting yr for us, with the hope that Gab or Kap excels in Chip's O style. We have gone from 5 yrs of NO QB coaching , to a yr when our QBs are going to be able to really show what they have, and will have a terrific OC/HC/QB coach. Look for QB to go from a weak position to a strong one under Chip. I can't think of a yr I so look forward to seeing how our guys do, particularly under new HC and virtually all asst coaches. Plus we have an army of these guys too.

What's to be excited about this season? How about what's NOT to be excited about this season?

Yep. Undefeated so far, lol!
Less corporate fans at Levi's Stadium
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Less corporate fans at Levi's Stadium
agree. for some reason the fan base changed at the new stadium and maybe it was doing to the bad product..... there was a serious disconnect between the fans and the team in my opinion.

I'm excited to see whether or not they can win a game. And if they can't win more than a few games, I'm excited to see who the next GM will be.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
I'm excited to see whether or not they can win a game. And if they can't win more than a few games, I'm excited to see who the next GM will be.

i think we are a much better team today when we were at the end of last year
Originally posted by crake49:

Now that is funny.

Dark, but funny.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Curious to see what how many tackles the grass gets thos year. Im expecting a big jump.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I'm excited that we may have a front 7 that will contain the midget and punish him.
Share 49ersWebzone