There are 231 users in the forums

Post your predictions on compensation if Kap gets traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoldRUSH4949:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
I think we wind up trading their first for our second and they give us a mid-late round pick (conditional) + Clady for Kaepernick and possibly a redone deal where we eat some of the signing bonus.

Wishful

Our 2nd is only like five picks after their first so that and a mid rounder seems right. They won't throw in clady unless they are done with him for sure.
Go back to the Browns, offer to pay his entire salary for their very high round third. Screw Kaepernick and the Broncos in the process.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Go back to the Browns, offer to pay his entire salary for their very high round third. Screw Kaepernick and the Broncos in the process.

i would have eaten some of his salary to unload him to the browns for a really high draft pick but i will not do it for denver if all they are offering is some 3 or 5th round pick.
5th rounder but knowing Baalke it will be a 6th.
Is there precedent for trading Kaep to the Canadian league?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Their 3rd, we get Clady and we pay a portion to help them get him under the cap this year only.
Yes. But the more we pay, the more the compensation we get.

So I could see us do something like Kap, 6th round (via SD) and $4.5M for Broncos 2nd round pick and Ryan Clady. Compensation would drop to a 3rd if they dropped the money ask and self funded the contract absorption.

I like your solution as well.

Keep in mind, we were willing to pay CK almost $16M this year. Clady is due $9.5M. There's your difference. If we can dump CK, get a quality push-starting/starting T (because who's counting on AD anymore) plus a 3rd rounder, it's worth the $4.9M help to unload him and get him and his headache off the books.
We'll get the very short end of the stick.

Baalke needs to bring in Donald Trump to negotiate the Trade Deal. :)
I like the above or take a flat out 2nd next yr if we cover the $5mil differential, plus they give us a 4th or 5th this yr...or next. The Clady part would be helpful, but would want to restucture his contract in additon to a contract based on staying healthy and strong penalties if he can't stay healthy.

Also like some version of Mojave's suggestion with the Browns, which is exactly what elway deserves. Let big John know we are doing it too.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 3, 2016 at 9:52 AM ]
2016 3rd, conditional 2017 5th
**** The Denver Broncos 31st overall pick in the draft or nothing! ****

- Otherwise we can just keep Kaep as insurance and a back up for Goff.
- We can keep him for half of the season, then trade him before week 8 (deadline) to anyone & get the same compensation.
- Only $7mil (half of his contract) to keep him as insurance + a back up for Goff until then & we STILL get the same compensation.

Good luck getting a player as ready or good as Kaep would be with that team in the draft at #31 overall Elway.
Or trade your entire draft basically to move up for Paxton.

- We're not eating any amount of the money.
- We're not taking washed up Clady and any portion of that contract for him.
- If Clady was a free agent I'd offer him 1yr/$3.75-$4.5mil MAX with his injury history and recent performance.
- Not to mention Staley is only making $5.5mil in base pay this season.
- It would send the wrong message to other players on this team that are playing hard and looking for their pay.

If Baalke fails to see the above and settles for anything less by rushing into a deal when there is zero need, then he needs to be fired.

If the Broncos thought they had a real chance at all of landing anyone in this years draft that could help them they wouldn't be interested in Kaep in the first place. lol

#31 Elway.... or

- Trade your 2nd for Glennon if the Bucs will even take a LATE 2nd for him. Not to mention it's Glennon. lol Good luck there.
- Take your chances in the draft and HOPE Paxton falls to #31 (which he won't).
- Trade up with your 1st + 2nd + 3rd to get Paxton. lmao
- Roll with Sanchez
- Pay Fitzpatrick by letting go of Clady AND Talib (maybe more)
- RG3 is off the market
- Trade a mid round pick for McCown who hasn't ben the same since Lovie Smith and the Bucs acquired him.

WE hold ALL of the value and supply. The league holds the demand. The demand will ONLY rise as the year goes along and we get closer to the trade deadline just after week 8 of the regular season.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR US TO RUSH INTO ANYTHING.
KAEPERNICK IS FAR MORE VALUABLE TO US AS TRADE BAIT DURING THE DRAFT FOR TEAMS THAT FAIL TO GET THEIR GUY.
KAPERNICK IS FAR MORE VALUABLE TO US TO WAIT UNTIL TEAMS SUFFER INJURIES OR PERFORMANCE ISSUES BETWEEN NOW & WEEK 8
Kaep is staying the 49ers won't be paying his salary to go to another team. Kaep won't take a salary cut the Broncos are trying to hose the 49ers on this deal. NOT HAPPENING!
I know what I want but Denver has nothing close to what I want for him. 3rd at best plus we are paying part of Kaeps salary to get him gone.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Broncos give Clady + 1st Round Pick

49ers give Kap + 2nd Round pick

This year?! SOLD!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
What I have said all along, 3rd day pick which is now 4th-7th round.
Share 49ersWebzone