There are 93 users in the forums

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is the penalty we pay for having had Joe for x number of yrs and then Steve. 5 SB trophies, with two all pro QBs. That really exceeds luck of the draw. Now we are watching the odds catch up with us, with very mediocre QB play. Incidentally, the NFCC game wtih Giants was lost on bad coaching. Yes KW muffed not just one but two returns. However, across the way, on the Giants sidelines, you could see Coughlin screaming at his PRs to get the hell away from the ball, in the wind, rain, and mud. A driving rain with swirling winds made any punt incredibly hard to field, and coughlin told his guys NOT to return any punt. Fair catch them all. Otherwise, get out of the way and let the ball go where it wants. Yet on our side of the field, there is harbaw, never said squat about either fair catching or getting out of the way of a windy, wet mud ball. The fact harbaw never said anything nor warned KW, is how and why we lost that game. We had the giants back on their heels and then KW, coachless, makes two bad decisions. That is exactly how we lost that game. Sure we had not much O, but we had the game. Unfortunately captain clueless didn't watch what coughlin had his PR doing...or rather NOT doing. And it cost us the NFC titel and thus the SB which we would have won going away.

We had the best D but lousy substandard coaching gave the game and thus the SB away. That was an awful feeling after the game that day. Years later it still hurts.

Now we need a reliable, consistent QB, who doesn't have to be able to throw the ball thru a brick wall...nor throw it 70 yards. Accuracy is way more important. A game manager would be just fine for me. We don't have to have the best qB in the league. Besides the best QB in the league, the MVP, just got beat by an aging , shouldn't be playing Qb. In truth he lost to the best D we have seen in a long time. LIke the old adage says, get to the playoffs with O, win the SB with D. And that is exactly what happened. In our case, sure i would like to have Cam Newton. But we can do fine if we get a good steady QB with good fundamentals. good football IQ, and who can read Ds, react quickly and change plays on the fly. That is what i want in our qB, not the super natural arm strength, not a work out horse. I want a guy like Joe montana, steve, Cam....who can study and learn all the above and then take that to the football field. Cam is a bad example because he is so strong. I want a throwback QB, who actually learns and knows the game. It also takes a coach who knows the game and isn't a flash in the pan like harbaw. Would he really have gotten the HC job here if he had not inherited Luck, and an all star cast as Stanford? Somehow, i don't think so. Then he comes here to a stacked team, chock full of picks from 10 yrs of picking 7th or better, and with that talent takes us to 3 NFCC gmes, loses a SB and 2 of the other NFCC games. Harbaw has no idea of the golden opportunity he squandered, nor did he have any idea of what O playcalling was all about. Nor game planning. QB Whisperer? LMAO. That is the biggest bad joke of the century. All show, no O. That was our HC. Krapt, what a waste.

I don't think we need a high round pick for a QB. I am much more interested in a bunch of (maybe 20 or so) UDFA QBs who are brought into camp, and let chip evaluate all of them. My guess is he would much rather do that than put all his eggs on the #7 pick and take one QB. Heck, no one here even knows exactly what kind of qb chip needs. But my bet is a smart guy, who can learn, study, be cool under fire, and follow chip's playcalls and game plan. I don't think that requires the #7 pick in the draft. If there were a Cam out there, sure, that is a different story. But there isn't . There are a bunch of guys who could possibly follow chip's advice and become good QBs.More than physical , we see the need for the mental QB as way more important. We've had the physical QB. That failed. Now we swing to more mental ones....at least that is my opinion. We'll see. At present the best thing we can do for our QB is a) to protect him, and b) to have a D who gets him good field position as well as puts points on the board. That's what we need at present. Not the "best " QB in the draft.

Well said, I think that Goff is the QB with the attributes of a Smart guy who can change plays on the fly,He`s the guy.Gabbert has some skills also,I believe the 9ers are not in as bad QB position as some think they are,as long as Kap moves on .your assessment of Harbaw is dead-on,tome He walked into a perfect situation for Him,Loaded team ready to go, and yet EVERYONE thinks Harbaw was such a great coach ,Harbaw with the team he had should have won aleast 2 SBs,and don`t get me to talking about the MISUSE of HOF Randy Moss,using Moss as a DECOY!.....terrible waste of talent, and Ted Ginn,yeah need I say more.
I really don't get this or what people see in Kaepernick to be honest.

No "hate" for him or his "promise" just haven't seen it, bar a handful of games in a few seasons. He was awesome against The Packers likes.

But OL, WRs, TEs, RBs, playcalling (to his strengths/limiting his weaknesses it has to be said), coaching right ? Everyone else is the problem.
..well if so then Kaepernick is in fact the problem.
Originally posted by dfs144:
I think Kap deserves a chance to prove himself with the new Coaching staff.

HELL NO,He can`t prove He can study a playbook,He can`t prove He can Study Film,He has proved that He will not pay attention to Details. Let Kap go please.
unless we trade for Mariota..
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Do you guys want Sam Bradford, cause I sure don't.

People that want Bradford are not playing with a full deck. If we get Bradford, he's going to get a long term deal and if people thought Kaep's deal was bad, just you wait till Sam gets his deal.

Most of the posters on this board aren't playing with a full deck. I've never seen so much hate towards a QB that's had so much success. I rarely come to this forum like I use to because its pointless. Either we are dealing with trolls or under cover racists.
Were you in a coma for the last two years? So you think a fan should rate 2012-13 over and above 2014-15? Please tell me how that makes sense. Stop trying to play the race card, that is weak, Kap draws ire because he is the 31st rated Qb who shows no sign of improvement.
You're like a broken record. Same arguments over and over and over, regardless if they are proven false.
Look whose talking. You or anyone else aren't proving anything I say false. Digging up a rare gif where Kap looks like a real NFL QB doesn't negate the previous 40 times that he didn't.
Originally posted by MikeD:
I'm still shocked at the number of fans that think having a rookie with zero NFL experience is better then keeping a QB that's started in a superbowl and won plenty of playoff games

By that logic would you take Trent Diller over Dan Marino because Trent won a super bowl? Kaep got to a super bowl and played well but the defense played even more of a part. Marino being the rookie who led a team to a super bowl and lost....
You can say that 100% of people on here would take cam over kap, but also 100% of people on here would also take kap's performance in the sb over the sh** show cam had last night.
Originally posted by RedneckNiner:
I'm still shocked at the number of fans that think having a rookie with zero NFL experience is better then keeping a QB that's started in a superbowl and won plenty of playoff games

By that logic would you take Trent Diller over Dan Marino because Trent won a super bowl? Kaep got to a super bowl and played well but the defense played even more of a part. Marino being the rookie who led a team to a super bowl and lost....

Defense? Do you have amnesia towards the defense at the tail end of that season and in the playoffs?
Originally posted by RedneckNiner:

Like I said, same old tired debunked arguments.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 8, 2016 at 11:36 AM ]

Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Do you guys want Sam Bradford, cause I sure don't.

People that want Bradford are not playing with a full deck. If we get Bradford, he's going to get a long term deal and if people thought Kaep's deal was bad, just you wait till Sam gets his deal.

Most of the posters on this board aren't playing with a full deck. I've never seen so much hate towards a QB that's had so much success. I rarely come to this forum like I use to because its pointless. Either we are dealing with trolls or under cover racists.
Were you in a coma for the last two years? So you think a fan should rate 2012-13 over and above 2014-15? Please tell me how that makes sense. Stop trying to play the race card, that is weak, Kap draws ire because he is the 31st rated Qb who shows no sign of improvement.
You're like a broken record. Same arguments over and over and over, regardless if they are proven false.
Look whose talking. You or anyone else aren't proving anything I say false. Digging up a rare gif where Kap looks like a real NFL QB doesn't negate the previous 40 times that he didn't.
Because it wouldn't do any good. Afrikan already showed that Kap has only played poorly for a season and a half. But for the sake of your argument, you love to throw out the 2 season thing. I saw someone yesterday day say Kap has played poorly for 3 seasons. What a complete joke. But, as soon as someone points it out, you're off to the next hyper criticism. I'm not saying Kap is without his flaws, trust me. I'm just saying the level of hate for him when he accomplished so much so early is really unbelievable to me. Alex didn't show any promise for nearly 6 years and now look at him. In fact, Alex arguably had the worst rookie season in NFL history. Just horrible from every angle.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by est1985:
You can say that 100% of people on here would take cam over kap, but also 100% of people on here would also take kap's performance in the sb over the sh** show cam had last night.
Ranking in total defensive yards allowed

2012 Ravens 17th

2015 Broncos 1st

Big difference in the defenses they faced, but of course that usually gets ignored here. Before anyone tries to diminish Denver's defense because they were 4th in points allowed their offense as we know was mediocre at best which effects how many points a defense gives up per yard allowed.

2012 Ravens 17th

2015 Broncos 1st

Big difference in the defenses they faced, but of course that usually gets ignored here. Before anyone tries to diminish Denver's defense because they were 4th in points allowed their offense as we know was mediocre at best which effects how many points a defense gives up per yard allowed.

Broncos defense was legit and I doubt Kap would've done what he did against the Ravens vs Denver...but he woul've at least jumped on the fumble that was in front of him. That was absolutely pathetic.

2012 Ravens 17th

2015 Broncos 1st

Kaep played a better D in Seattle on the road in the playoffs and had a superior performance than Cam. That same D that turned Peyton Manning into Jay Fiedler.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
I would love it if Kaep starts. The resulting Bobs meltdown Itself would be epic!!!!

It would also mean that the 49ers won't have a super expensive backup and Kaep is turning it around.... But that's secondary to the laughable suicide posting from our favorite crowd
[ Edited by Geeked on Feb 8, 2016 at 12:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone