LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 171 users in the forums

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Kap as the 49ers Starting QB in 2016?

Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I want a purple QB.

That might be hard to come by, but would you settle for some purple drank and one of these

That's what I'm talking about. A purple pimp drankin that sizzurp.

Jamarcus Russell?
After this terrible performance by Cam in the super bowl the argument is done Kap and Cam are similar players
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Jreff, yes it does. See the 2011/2012 /2013 49ers. IF we had had any kind of O, we win. Actually the first NFCC loss wat a coaching loss, but the next two, they were this fabulous talented D with an O that was substandard. Coach , QB, gameplan, playcalls....it was awful to throw away a talented D like that for one SB loss and 2 NFCC losses. With any kind of decent O, we win 2 SBs with a shot at a third. But no, with no O, that didn't happen.

That first NFCCG we were 1 - 13 on third down that's why we lost.
YES

BRING KAP BACK
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I want a purple QB.

That might be hard to come by, but would you settle for some purple drank and one of these

That's what I'm talking about. A purple pimp drankin that sizzurp.

Jamarcus Russell?

You read my mind.
Originally posted by jreff22:
At this point the question is with a fantastic D does it matter lol

2011 NFC CG has your answer. If the offense could have done anything in the 2nd half the 49ers would have been in the SB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
2011 NFC CG has your answer. If the offense could have done anything in the 2nd half the 49ers would have been in the SB.
Kyle Williams can attest to that.
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Kyle Williams can attest to that.

He played a huge role in that loss for sure. Let's not act like he was the only reason for that loss. The offense played a huge role in that loss as well, they had chances after the first fumble. The second fumble was just the nail in the coffin...
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Feb 8, 2016 at 4:57 AM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
After this terrible performance by Cam in the super bowl the arguement is done Kap and Cam are similar players

Most Qbs struggle when they don't have time to throw or they have receivers not getting separation and dropping passes. Not saying he played a great game by any stretch, his offensive teammates didn't provide much help.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Feb 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM ]
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Do you guys want Sam Bradford, cause I sure don't.

That's a hell no. Just an OK arm and somewhat average mobility. I don't remember when he have had a full season of play without injuries.

However, we are talking about a guy that Kelly had traded for in Philly. If Kelly get an indication that non of the qb on the current roster is getting a handle on his offense, he just might go get Bradford since he already had experience with Kelly's offense. It's not out of the possibility. Coaches have generally shown that they rather have a guy that knows what to do on the field, even with a slightly lesser physical talent.

I hope to hell one of the guy on the current roster can get it done with Kelly's offense in 1 offseason, so I don't have to see Bradford in a Niner uni. Bradford is so much like Ty Detmer from long ago. Just good enough to get your team to go nowhere.

If he doesn't want to be here, which appears to be the case, then I don't want him here either. I don't feel like he wants to be here, and I don't feel he's committed to be a 49er.
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
He played a huge role in that loss for sure. Let's not act like he was the only reason for that loss. The offense played a huge role in that loss as well, they had chances after the first fumble. The second fumble was just the nail in the coffin...

That being said, if Kyle Williams is not on our 2011 roster, we probably go on to the Super Bowl.
QBs have to be accurate throwing the ball in the pocket. CK lacks accuracy. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
At this point the question is with a fantastic D does it matter lol

I don't think QB was the main problem then. We had literally nothing at WR. Can't separate and contest for balls the QB will be screwed. That's been a problem for a very long time.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Jreff, yes it does. See the 2011/2012 /2013 49ers. IF we had had any kind of O, we win. Actually the first NFCC loss wat a coaching loss, but the next two, they were this fabulous talented D with an O that was substandard. Coach , QB, gameplan, playcalls....it was awful to throw away a talented D like that for one SB loss and 2 NFCC losses. With any kind of decent O, we win 2 SBs with a shot at a third. But no, with no O, that didn't happen.

That first NFCCG we were 1 - 13 on third down that's why we lost.

So was the Giants. Not much better. But it was actually first down (predicable) play calling that killed us leading to constant 3rd and longs IIRC. It was a defensive battle. Eli and Manningham exploited an injury after Goldson knocked out our own player (Brown?) and Brock came in and a smart HC and QB went right after him for a quick TD.

Coaching IMHO was the real reason we lost those two NFCCG's and the Superbowl.

Refs too...anyone see the refs call a blatant holding on Norman last night for the Broncos final TD? Anyone else almost throw their remote through the TV after hearing the, "we let players play in the Superbowl," b******t excuse all these years as justification for allowing the Raven's to spear Crabtree in the face and then the most blatant and obvious holding in NFL history.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone