There are 131 users in the forums

49ers hire Jeff Nixon as TE's coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I actually wish they kept Soporano as the TE coach.

I was hoping Tony Soprano stuck around too but Chip seemingly thinks very highly of Nixon so we'll see how he does.

I'm thinking Kelly didn't or doesn't want any assistant with head coaching experience on this staff. Well at least that's what it seems like to me, that way they'll be no conflict.

Kind of feels like that, huh?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
RB coach with some TE and WR experience to now coach TEs? I gotta say... still better than Mangini coaching TEs.

I thought he stunk with how bad Vernon was playing and being utilized. Then Vernon went to Denver and looked just as bad or worse proving he really did fall off a cliff. So yeah, wasnt Sporano. Not too bad of a hire, but Sporano didn't do too bad outside of Vance not being able to catch a ball.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i really find it amusing how many people all of a sudden are embracing the old coaches
i miss mangini]
i want lewis back
i want soporano back
jesus people, we were a train wreck,. you wanted changes,., you got changes, there is no going back bob.
all these people wishing we kept old coaches. hello.. the new coach has a perfect right to bring in anyone he wants and i am sure he looked around and felt few people deserved their job back
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

I was hoping Tony Soprano stuck around too but Chip seemingly thinks very highly of Nixon so we'll see how he does.

I'm thinking Kelly didn't or doesn't want any assistant with head coaching experience on this staff. Well at least that's what it seems like to me, that way they'll be no conflict.

or maybe he likes these guys and thinks they will be better coaches and teachers than what this franchise had last year? sheesh, always a conspiracy around here
Originally posted by cciowa:
i really find it amusing how many people all of a sudden are embracing the old coaches
i miss mangini]
i want lewis back
i want soporano back
jesus people, we were a train wreck,. you wanted changes,., you got changes, there is no going back bob.
all these people wishing we kept old coaches. hello.. the new coach has a perfect right to bring in anyone he wants and i am sure he looked around and felt few people deserved their job back

Dude I totally agree. When you move on, from an ex or an ex coach or an ex employer or whatever, move on and wish them the best!
Solid hire. I like his background.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
i miss mangini]
i want lewis back
i want soporano back

Dude I totally agree. When you move on, from an ex or an ex coach or an ex employer or whatever, move on and wish them the best!
i would agree with you but in reality i hate every single coach who had anything to do with last years fiasco,, i just think of how it all fell apart last year and then have to hear people want certain coaches back from that mess,,, its just , its just,,,, well i just do not know .. ps, when i move on from an x , i just long for the life i had before she came into my life but thats beside the point
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Solid hire. I like his background.

no he is garbage, the whole staff is garbage, as a matter of fact the staff we had last year is WAY better than the one we currently have... oh i will never f**king get over that one
I like this hire a lot. Thought very highly in the Dolphins origination (worked/survived under 3 different head coaches) and worked under Andy Reid in Philly for 4 years. Versatile coach.

Really solid hire
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I like this hire a lot. Thought very highly in the Dolphins origination (worked/survived under 3 different head coaches) and worked under Andy Reid in Philly for 4 years. Versatile coach.

Really solid hire
worked under three head coaches, ah , he is a rat, hell with him, he sucks, the whole staff sucks
i miss mangini
i miss tony s
i miss nolan
i miss lewis
i wish jt would return as our line coach

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:

or maybe he likes these guys and thinks they will be better coaches and teachers than what this franchise had last year? sheesh, always a conspiracy around here

Because it wasn't a conspiracy how Jim Harbaugh left right??
Kelly has hired 3 former RB's coaches.....somewhere in there I think he's saying that they are going to run the ball.
Nice ...Worked under Andy Reid ..so technically we can say Nixon is part of the Walsh coaching tree??
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Harbaugh had no coaches on his staff with NFL head coaching experience. But you know who did... Jim Tomsula....
  • pd24
  • Veteran
With Nixon, Rathman, and our OC, you can see Chip wants to get a variety of ideas for the running game. He has his own passing game, but this mix of offensive assistants should be full of good ideas for him to utilize
Share 49ersWebzone