LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

Head Coach candidate Darrell Bevell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Think it's time this guy gets a thread here. Fact that he hasn't just shows how underrated he is and how little attention he's gotten from the media. He's got the Super Bowl win and experience that Jed York talked about wanting. He's taken heat in the past for some things, particularly the end of last year's Super Bowl and from Marshawn Lynch's mom but that doesn't cancel out his body of work, which involves him getting way more out of Russell Wilson than anyone in the NFL ever expected. No, the best part of the Seahawks hasn't been the offense, but their offense has still been overall productive and functional even with average talent at WR and below average at the offensive line, things that our team has suffered from as well.

This also has the unique benefit of dealing a direct blow to our most hated in-division rivals and will hurt more than the two DC's they've lost in recent years as Pete Carroll has a defensive background and his expertise makes up for it. If he has an intimate understanding of Russell Wilson this could be a factor when our team tries to defend him in future games.
Yeah if we're desperate
When is his interview scheduled?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

To be fair, Payton never had an interview scheduled with us but we had a 150+ page thread on him...
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

To be fair, Payton never had an interview scheduled with us but we had a 150+ page thread on him...

Same with Chip Kelly
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I don't mean to be a jerk, but are there even rumors that we're going to interview him?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
better than payton tbph
  • thl408
Hmm. Should we at least see some report of interest before this guy gets his own thread? I just fear that everyone's going to start threads for some random candidate they want. Then it gets cluttered.
NOOOOOOOOOO

• thl408
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Same with Chip Kelly

But there were reports of interest from Chip to the 49ers, and the 49ers to Payton.
Originally posted by thl408:
Hmm. Should we at least see some report of interest before this guy gets his own thread? I just fear that everyone's going to start threads for some random candidate they want. Then it gets cluttered.

This.
Originally posted by thl408:

Exactly this. Unless there's a report indicating some interest in a candidate, you're just going to end up with a whole bunch of clutter about candidates that the team may not have the slightest interest in.

23.57 posts per day for the last 6 years and you don't know that out of the three coaching candidates with threads, only one of them actually has an interview requested from them? (not even scheduled)
  • thl408
Let's put this on hold. If there are reports that surface showing the 49ers are interested, or that Bevell is interested, then I'll re-open. OP, feel free to talk about Bevell in the General HC Options thread.
Share 49ersWebzone