LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 138 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate Anthony Lynn

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It could be Rooney rule but they are asking to interview Hue Jackson which would satisfy the Rooney rule and Miami is going to interview Lynn tomorrow.
The NFL should cut it with this rooney rule b******t. If they are going to do this, why not require teams to try out a person of every race, gender and religion for every position on the team?
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
It could be Rooney rule but they are asking to interview Hue Jackson which would satisfy the Rooney rule and Miami is going to interview Lynn tomorrow.

They have genuine interest in Hue, but they can't interview him until after Sunday, which means, if Payton becomes available on Friday, and there is competition for him by other teams that have already fulfilled the rule, their is a good chance they would lose out, since they couldn't hire him. It behooves them to get the requirements out of the way ASAP, no matter whether you have interest or not in the coach...
You know this guy played and coached under Shanahan?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
rooney rule but i would hire him to replace rathman in a minute. new blood is really needed here in my opinion across the board
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by kray28:
Rooney Rule

He'll be cheap compared to the big names...so he's not just a Rooney Rule. Hearing "Rooney Rule" whenever a black candidate is brought in is getting tiresome btw.

lol. i doubt the Niners follow up Tomsula with a career RB coach. this has the worthless Rooney Rule written all over it.
i think he would be a replacement for rathman, god willing
Originally posted by cciowa:
Rooney Rule

He'll be cheap compared to the big names...so he's not just a Rooney Rule. Hearing "Rooney Rule" whenever a black candidate is brought in is getting tiresome btw.

lol. i doubt the Niners follow up Tomsula with a career RB coach. this has the worthless Rooney Rule written all over it.

They aren't going to be looking to hire position coaches until they have the HC established... Maybe they just want to pick his brain. He is respected at the position he has. And it does satisfy that outdated rule. But he is being interviewed by as many people, or more than Hue has scheduled...
Originally posted by mojave45:
Rooney Rule

They aren't going to be looking to hire position coaches until they have the HC established... Maybe they just want to pick his brain. He is respected at the position he has. And it does satisfy that outdated rule. But he is being interviewed by as many people, or more than Hue has scheduled...

maybe coach trent is trying to put together a coaches staff before he gets here again...
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Hue Jackson isnt available for another week. We need to take a black man out for a very expensive dinner ASAP.
rooney rule but i would hire him to replace rathman in a minute. new blood is really needed here in my opinion across the board

Rathman coaches his a$s off year in and year out ...Did u not see how many RB's he coached up this year ??? Rathman has proven his worth to this team as a player and coach ....

Originally posted by Trath44:
The NFL should cut it with this rooney rule b******t. If they are going to do this, why not require teams to try out a person of every race, gender and religion for every position on the team?

The NFL is so big the PC police this day and age would take care of it if owners all of a sudden stopped interviewing minority coaches anyways.

Yeah, Rathman is garbage. Guys were coming in off the street, straight out of Starbucks and looking well prepared after like a week but he is terrible.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah, Rathman is garbage. Guys were coming in off the street, straight out of Starbucks and looking well prepared after like a week but he is terrible.

Aaaaaaaand, we can't just hire an assistant away from anothter team, just to be an assistant here. He's under contract to Buffalo.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Rooney Rule

maybe coach trent is trying to put together a coaches staff before he gets here again...

LOL, maybe; but truthfully I believe it is just the Rooney rule. I think, depending on the Payton issue, we want to be ready to move. I believe the Hue Jackson interview next week is a real interview, but only if we cant wrap up Payton , fall back position. Lets face it, we haven't announced many interviews yet, and unless we are looking at one of the coaches playing this weekend, there is no reason not to have called and set up interviews with other candidates. Baalke's rear end is on the line. I believe he is smart enough to be setting up his fall back candidates if he cant get his number one choice. In that case he should have already scheduled any interviews with coaches that might also have an interest in coming here.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Rathman coaches his a$s off year in and year out ...Did u not see how many RB's he coached up this year ??? Rathman has proven his worth to this team as a player and coach ....

very true ...#44 always does a stellar job, and gets results with what he is given to work with , Draughn and Harris were very serviceable RB's, despite being signed off the street, plus developing a college DE into a pro bowl caliber FB is quiet the accomplishment , coach Rathman needs to stay where he belongs
Share 49ersWebzone