LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 328 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate Anthony Lynn

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is probably where "Uncle Eddie" is helping out a bit behind the scenes and called up one of his former players. Eddie tells him, hey can you do me this favor please? Thus the Niners can get a quick Rooney Rule interview done and move on to Payton or someone else they have pegged.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Who!? Is he black? If he is we're trying to get this Rooney rule situation out the way for Payton

yep hes black
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Has ties to the niners having played here. Great offensive mind he will use our RBs correctly and make Hayne the starter. Will work for cheap.

Wut?

Hayne, wut?
Originally posted by fly15:
Has ties to the niners having played here. Great offensive mind he will use our RBs correctly and make Hayne the starter. Will work for cheap.

Wut?

Hayne, wut?

He means on the list to cut.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by lancsfinest:
Everyone seems to think this is a roiney rule interview, but what worries me is, why would they need a rooney rule interview when there's supposedly an interview set with hue? That makes me think he actually is being seriously considered by Jed dork.

Um. This would be a Rooney Rule interview if they think they have Sean Payton.
Hope you're right brother, hope you're right. Still worries me cause Jed is the same guy who thought tomsula was the answer.
Singletary and Tomsula were both position coaches, and that worked out great for us. It would be HILARIOUS if they chose this guy.
Originally posted by Kense:
What are you smoking? Mike Singletary? Hello?
Originally posted by swamp_hoon:
Forgive my ignorance, I dont know the rooney rule. Have their seriously not been any back hc in the nfl? The 49ers had an australian rb before a black hc?

Singletary was black? But to be fair Hayne may be an Aborigine
[ Edited by Sourball on Jan 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
I'd give up a 2nd rounder for him. Even if the Bills don't ask for one.

They'd give it right back only Greg Roman is attached to it.
I dont think its fair to scream Rooney rule. We are already going to interview Hue Jackson. A lot of times we interview people to get info or possibly fill another position. He could end up an OC.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by thl408:
I'd give up a 2nd rounder for him. Even if the Bills don't ask for one.

They'd give it right back only Greg Roman is attached to it.

Originally posted by Kense:
What are you smoking? Mike Singletary? Hello?
Originally posted by swamp_hoon:
Forgive my ignorance, I dont know the rooney rule. Have their seriously not been any back hc in the nfl? The 49ers had an australian rb before a black hc?

Dude's a new fan probably Aussie,give him a break.

There have been plenty of black coaches. In fact some of the most prolific coaches have been black (I'm looking at you Tony Dungy). Right now the best black coach in the NFL is probably Mike Tomlin, although I expect that to change if Hue Jackson gets a coaching gig.

While were on the topic, doesn't interviewing Jackson satisfy the Rooney rule? Maybe were looking at Lynn as a potential OC.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by fly15:

Wut?

Hayne, wut?

He means on the list to cut.

Thanks for the clarification
Made no sense until I saw that he meets the Rooney requirement. Makes perfect sense now
No
Originally posted by Niners816:

Was a part of the parade of backs between the loss of Watters and the eventual getting of Garrison.

I don't remember him. Just remember a lot of Derrick Loville.
Share 49ersWebzone