Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 525 users in the forums

Game #15 The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Good)
We are in a good position to land a QB in the draft. (Draft is going to be epic, can't wait)
Fought well in the 1st half & matched the Lions.
We've found out that Gabbert has improved greatly from his Jacksonville days, but ultimately is not a franchise QB, time to draft one... Although I have no problem with Gabs starting next year while we groom the new rook.

Bad)
20/17 at the half blows out to 32/17... Terrible 2nd half performance. (It could have been worse, if not for Calvin being on the wrong end of a no catch call again)

Ugly)
Penalties, particularly jumping offside repeatedly. ST wasn't flash either, too much unnecessary holding.

thing is though, none of the top QB's are top 10 talent
It seems as though the coaches are losing on purpose. I don't think I have ever recalled a team start as many possessions at or inside the ten hardline than this years 49ers.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 28, 2015 at 8:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
It seems as though the coaches are losing on purpose. I don't think I have ever recalled a team start as many possessions at or inside the ten hardline than this years 49ers.


Special team coach needs to be fired on purpose.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Good)
We are in a good position to land a QB in the draft. (Draft is going to be epic, can't wait)
Fought well in the 1st half & matched the Lions.
We've found out that Gabbert has improved greatly from his Jacksonville days, but ultimately is not a franchise QB, time to draft one... Although I have no problem with Gabs starting next year while we groom the new rook.

Bad)
20/17 at the half blows out to 32/17... Terrible 2nd half performance. (It could have been worse, if not for Calvin being on the wrong end of a no catch call again)

Ugly)
Penalties, particularly jumping offside repeatedly. ST wasn't flash either, too much unnecessary holding.

thing is though, none of the top QB's are top 10 talent

I'm not sure if I agree with that. The media hasn't turned their focus to the draft yet. Lynch is comparable to where Mariota was at this early in the draft hype process. Goff has more skills than Mariota but less physical talent, but he has enough physical talent to be very good. Winston was a better prospect, but dealing with serious PR damage control.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Lol, all you saw was good? You know we lost, right? No mention of the sacks, Gabbert fumble on their one yard line. The fact that we had negative 3 yards rushing in the second half and made no adjustments while Detroit figured us out. Gabbert running out of bounds before the LOS. A two yard pass when we needed 3. Constant Checkdown. Etc.

Come on man.

Are you at all surprised?
Originally posted by Joecool:
It seems as though the coaches are losing on purpose. I don't think I have ever recalled a team start as many possessions at or inside the ten hardline than this years 49ers.

Yes, I noticed this. Difference is I brought it up all year long.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
thing is though, none of the top QB's are top 10 talent

Quite a few scouts don't agree with you on Lynch and Goff - most are calling those two top 10 picks.
Little more can be said:
Originally posted by Antix:
Good. Seasons almost over

Bad. We do this again next season


Ugly. No end in sight.
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Lol, all you saw was good? You know we lost, right? No mention of the sacks, Gabbert fumble on their one yard line. The fact that we had negative 3 yards rushing in the second half and made no adjustments while Detroit figured us out. Gabbert running out of bounds before the LOS. A two yard pass when we needed 3. Constant Checkdown. Etc.

Come on man.

Are you at all surprised?

The negative was already well documented. I was focused on team needs for next year in looking at the "good" that we saw from players in yesterday's game such as Brown, Harris, Harold, Johnson, etc.

But I'm sure you were aware of that...and have an epic informative post coming down the pike for us all. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by MikeD:
I don't get it, some people here want them to lose, but then get mad when they lose
To quote Elvis Costello: "I used to be disgusted/ but now I'm just amused."
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by MikeD:
I don't get it, some people here want them to lose, but then get mad when they lose
To quote Elvis Costello: "I used to be disgusted/ but now I'm just amused."

Excellent quote from an excellent song.
Ian Williams for President
  • Kense
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,350
Drafting a QB high means nothing. How many top picked QB's ever turned out to do anything? When I keep hearing about the whole there's nobody coming out that's any good. I shake my head at all the busts that were drafted high.
We need 3 starters on the OL and talk is about drafting a QB with our hightest pick.? I would much prefer to get the OL taken care of first. Goff will probably go high in the draft, probably once again by cleveland. Still that doesn't mean we SHOULD do that. Also need that passrushing OLB and DT as starters. Way before burning an importtant pick on QB.

Build your lines first....Vince Lombardi.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
thing is though, none of the top QB's are top 10 talent
Gotta get in early with the QBs before they've gone... Hard to predict talent, as prospects you can say they're not top 10, but as players they may very well be.

I believe Goff has real potential.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone