LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Webzone Tailgate?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do they still do the Webzone Tailgate's for the home games?

My son & I will be there for the Bungles game in a couple weeks & I didn't know if 'zone members were welcome or invitation only. We live in Ohio & have never been to a home game. I don't care what our record is, I am pumped & cannot wait! I have read where it might get the Sunday night Flex down to a 4p or 425p game.
We are staying in Burlingame. The wife & daughter will be going shopping while the men go to the game, so they will be dropping us off & won't need to park. Any suggestions for arriving at the stadium time? How early are you allowed in? Would it be easier to use public transportation (BART?) or bus from around our hotel? If we do drive & get dropped off, is traffic pretty bad the whole way there on gameday?

Thanks for any help/suggestions!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
do yourself and your family a favor and skip it.

the WZ tailgate I mean.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Dec 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

the WZ tailgate I mean.

Is it that bad (the tailgate)?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OhioNinerfanatic:

the WZ tailgate I mean.

Definitely not a family friendly environment.
Originally posted by susweel:

the WZ tailgate I mean.

It'd be myself & my 18 year old son. The wife & daughter are going shopping.
From Burlingame you can take the train. Go shopping on Burlingame Ave with the wifey and kids, enjoy a nice lunch, then hop on the train at the end of the Avenue (the whole Avenue is a 4 or 5 block, upper middle-class strip mall). Or, there's Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo, again, train station within walking distance just across El Camino Real.

http://www.caltrain.com/riderinfo/specialevents/Levis_Stadium_Service.html
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Dec 7, 2015 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
From Burlingame you can take the train. Go shopping on Burlingame Ave with the wifey and kids, enjoy a nice lunch, then hop on the train at the end of the Avenue (the whole Avenue is a 4 or 5 block, upper middle-class strip mall). Or, there's Hillsdale Mall in San Mateo, again, train station within walking distance just across El Camino Real.

Thanks!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

the WZ tailgate I mean.

I'm just joking you guys should be fine. Usually during the week they start a thread about it in the parking lot section.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:

Never mind, I saw what I need to do.

How do I know how many stops to buy fare for? Never been to the area, I have no idea. It talked about a clipper card or pay as you fare. Clipper card sounds cheaper, will that get me to the stadium & back on one card? Not sure how it all works. Thank you.
[ Edited by OhioNinerfanatic on Dec 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM ]
I'm just joking you guys should be fine. Usually during the week they start a thread about it in the parking lot section.

Ok. I haven't been on here as much lately. I remembered the thread, but couldn't remember which forum it was in. Thanks.

OhioNinerfanatic, don't listen to susweel and Chaz. Yes we tailgate. Everyone is welcome. There is always more than enough food and drink, but if you want to bring something don't let us stop you.

The game has been flexed out of prime-time to the 1:25 pm time slot. During the week leading up to the game we will create a thread in the Parking Lott. Usual suspects who attended are Stoney, skeetskeet, sincal, LegBreaker, Nate_B, Eric_O and myself.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I hear the niner empire tailgate is the place to be.
I am to be found drunk in alleyways most weekends if your interested in hanging out before the game.
[ Edited by BarrySandwich on Dec 7, 2015 at 3:53 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
I am to be found drunk in alleyways most weekends if your interested in hanging out before the game.

are you PrisonOfGlass's alternate webzone account?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:

are you PrisonOfGlass's alternate webzone account?
Share 49ersWebzone