There are 182 users in the forums

What changes will the 49ers front office make this off season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What changes will the 49ers front office make this off season?

*check forum*

NCommand parading around his opinions like fact.

*leave NT*
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
*check forum*

*leave NT*

Bodhi posting about posters opinions.

Leave NT. Lol
Edit
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 13, 2015 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
*check forum*

*leave NT*

what you still don't think that this team is loaded with talent and the coaches are great teachers?
He picked this team to win 12 games this year. That's all you need to know in regard to him objectively providing his opinion about the state of this team. Do what I do, pretend his post doesn't exist then move on.

4-8 and currently getting embarrassed be the browns. The Browns people. Let that sink in.

Last ranked offense in the NFL.

28th ranked defense.

That's really all you need to know. Blow it up. GM down. Nobody deserves another year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
After this win in Cleveland today, no changes necessary.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
the titanic is sinking and you argue that its really not sinking because there are plenty of cabins in the aft that are dry. in fact there getting even higher. sinking ? come on.

There's no point in analyzing micro detail if management isn't going to spend on payroll and coaching talent. There's no point in stringing along fans year after year with willothewisp phantom signs of consistent successful performance on the field and in the coaching booth.

Everyone needs to be held accountable from the front office down to the coaching assistance. and players. there's no Rosie pictured status quo that I can see after 12 weeks and I'm sorry that you think there is not everything is a disaster but I would also hardly say that our staff has done a fantastic job. From the lack of preparedness to the infective offensive play in the first 45 minutes of almost every game I see plenty to improve on

You're kind of all over the place here. And that's fine. I'm just focused on the on-field product (whoever that is this week). And what I saw in 3Q was pretty darn impressive as were the end results. If you can't see that, no worries. Perspective.

brodie...I have official joined your doom-and-gloom perspective. 3Q started to look pretty darn good against some quality opponents, you could see growth, some ascension, cohesion within the schemes, etc.

But to start 4Q? Epic collapse against one of, if not THE worst teams in football. If they had won convincingly away, I'd stay on board with the growth-theme but they flat out, laid an egg.

That was some of the most uninspired football I've seen AND you've got veteran players calling out the coaches. If the MM reports from last week about how the locker room was harmonious again were true, it's got to be a sh!t storm in there now. This was the worst possible scenario for a young growing team and new coaching staff. This to me, marks the final confirmation that (no surprise) Tomsula has to be gone and serious, serious consideration for both Geep and Mangini. There are some quality coaches still on staff such as Logan, Rathman, LB and secondary and TE coaches but even the ST coach needs to be canned IMHO.

The team just does not have faith in the coaches or the scheme (or game planning) and when that happens, it's over. We saw it during the HaRoman era as well. Jed/Baalke need to cut ties as quickly as possible. Will they? That seems more complicated that we're willing to admit. What "better" options are out there?
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 14, 2015 at 9:17 AM ]
brodie...I have official joined your doom-and-gloom perspective. 3Q started to look pretty darn good against some quality opponents, you could see growth, some ascension, cohesion within the schemes, etc.

But to start 4Q? Epic collapse against one of, if not THE worst teams in football. If they had won convincingly away, I'd stay on board with the growth-theme but they flat out, laid an egg.

That was some of the most uninspired football I've seen AND you've got veteran players calling out the coaches. If the MM reports from last week about how the locker room was harmonious again, it's got to be a sh!t storm in there now. This was the worst possible scenario for a young growing team and new coaching staff. This to me, marks the final confirmation that (no surprise) Tomsula has to be gone and serious, serious consideration for both Geep and Mangini. There are some quality coaches still on staff such as Logan, Rathman, LB and secondary and TE coaches but even the ST coach needs to be canned IMHO.

The team just does not have faith in the coaches or the scheme and when that happens, it's over. We saw it during the HaRoman era as well. Jed/Baalke need to cut ties as quickly as possible. Will they? That seems more complicated that we're willing to admit.

Best post of the year from NC. Thanks for the honesty. You da man.
the titanic is sinking and you argue that its really not sinking because there are plenty of cabins in the aft that are dry. in fact there getting even higher. sinking ? come on.

There's no point in analyzing micro detail if management isn't going to spend on payroll and coaching talent. There's no point in stringing along fans year after year with willothewisp phantom signs of consistent successful performance on the field and in the coaching booth.

Everyone needs to be held accountable from the front office down to the coaching assistance. and players. there's no Rosie pictured status quo that I can see after 12 weeks and I'm sorry that you think there is not everything is a disaster but I would also hardly say that our staff has done a fantastic job. From the lack of preparedness to the infective offensive play in the first 45 minutes of almost every game I see plenty to improve on

You're kind of all over the place here. And that's fine. I'm just focused on the on-field product (whoever that is this week). And what I saw in 3Q was pretty darn impressive as were the end results. If you can't see that, no worries. Perspective.

That was some of the most uninspired football I've seen AND you've got veteran players calling out the coaches. If the MM reports from last week about how the locker room was harmonious again, it's got to be a sh!t storm in there now. This was the worst possible scenario for a young growing team and new coaching staff. This to me, marks the final confirmation that (no surprise) Tomsula has to be gone and serious, serious consideration for both Geep and Mangini. There are some quality coaches still on staff such as Logan, Rathman, LB and secondary and TE coaches but even the ST coach needs to be canned IMHO.

The team just does not have faith in the coaches or the scheme and when that happens, it's over. We saw it during the HaRoman era as well. Jed/Baalke need to cut ties as quickly as possible. Will they? That seems more complicated that we're willing to admit.

Amen brother!

Clean out the barn.
What changes do I want to see, or what do I think will happen? Two different questions with far different answers. Unfortunately.

I THINK THE PEPPERONI WILL SURPASS THE REGUALAR MEAT LOVERS
We need outback jesus to take a whip into the temple and start bludgeoning some of the money changes and merchants of filthy birds.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Amen brother!

Clean out the barn.

First of all, it's not gloom and doom. It's being objective. There just wasn't a lot to be impressed by in our cumulative performance through week 12. The week to week consistency wasn't there. Our signature strengths weren't there on either side of the ball. Not that I could see. Of course there were things we did well and could be hopeful about. But to say that we are actually improving, systemically ... just not there. IMO.

Overachieving against good teams, underachieving against bad teams -- that's letting the other guys influence your program too much. That's weak. That says we are not about anything. We are not there to bring anything to the table. Don't like it.

The main thing this season did was give our staff professional-grade ojt at their responsibilities. I estimate it will be about another 18 months for them to get up to speed with their competitive coaching peers. Do we have that kind of time? Does any professional franchise? Of course not. Not if your serious about competing.

And, the offense has flatlined for the last 2 years. That is the number one crippler for us. We desperately need to turn that around with staff and personnel improvements. Begin with staff. This isn't about being high scoring and big play breaking. It's about getting first downs. Consistently. any which way you can.

Don't necessarily fire people, but bring in senior individuals and give them responsibility for growing the players and teaching the teachers. Give them job title promotions so you can talk to and hire good assistants legally. I don't know of names. Maybe some people can throw out some people ideas here.
just some thoughts without further thinking:
Vance Joseph will be a free agent, hire him for DC finally. try to bring Tomsula back as d-line coach.
chuck Pagano for secondary, if needed.

for offense you could try to get whisenhunt (oc), Philbin (o-line). perhaps pat shurmur will be available, I liked his work with Cleveland, he was qb-coach with Eagles during McNabb's era.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Dang NC

I tried to hang on as long as you but couldn't.

The real problem is York/ownership.

Even if by luck they stumble upon another dynamic coach (i.e. Harbs) York will still play raindeer games.

At this point you have to wonder if my young son will see a super bowl win while this guy runs the team.
Share 49ersWebzone