There are 272 users in the forums

Starting RB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
you aussies better not mention voldemort again
Wish i knew.. dont know who to add in fantasy
Originally posted by xcfan:
There was an all-world rb in the draft, but baalke didn't have the vision to see that and make it happen.
Gurley was the one HOF-level talent in the draft; you do what you have to to get that kind of talent.
Now, gurley kicks us in the teeth 2x/year for the next ten years.

So you wanted us to trade up 8 places in the first round to cover a position which was already covered and was widely considered at the time to be the team's strongest position?

You don't want a GM with vision. You want one with a time machine.

Seriously.
Originally posted by 220s:
I think all the aussies are missing what the 49ers want/need in a RB, ability to make yards doesn't come into it, the #1 skill needed is the ability to block. O line is s**t, they want to improve the O line by signing RBs who can block.
They haven't benched Kap because of the way he has been playing but because they are afraid he will be killed and think poor Gab is expendable.

By all accounts hayne is perfectly fine blocking, not to say can't improve but untill the week he was inactive he was fine, multiple coaches saying he could pick up blitzes just fine.

He made several good blocks on film too.

So this excuse dosen't really wash either. If your not putting out a RB who can makes yards, then WTF is the point of even playing the damm game, just forfeit so your QB dosen't die instead.
Originally posted by 220s:
I think all the aussies are missing what the 49ers want/need in a RB, ability to make yards doesn't come into it, the #1 skill needed is the ability to block. O line is s**t, they want to improve the O line by signing RBs who can block.
They haven't benched Kap because of the way he has been playing but because they are afraid he will be killed and think poor Gab is expendable.

Not all. They also don't want Kap injured and have to pay him out whether they cut him or not, so I hear.
[ Edited by Zealot on Nov 5, 2015 at 1:42 AM ]
  • Ute66
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Lets all get behind Kendall Gaskins in this game and support him,by get behind him i mean literally,push him forward for some positive yards.

Get a rolling maul behind him?
[ Edited by Ute66 on Nov 5, 2015 at 2:17 AM ]
Never fear guys we have a POWER BACK!
  • Drift
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ute66:
Get a rolling maul behind him?

Is a rolling maul legal in NFL? Could be useful in those 1 and goal situations...
Baalke seemed to be checking injured players in college rather than looking for healthy bodies that can play right now. How many of these redshirts have produced? Every draft is made up of players that sit the first two years. When was the last time a rookie started and shook the world? Eric Reed is the only one I can think of in the Baalke era, and he has not done much lately without Cowboy, PWillie, and a Bo at 100% in front of him.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran

Hayne should not have been cut, simply on stats at RB alone he was outperforming davis and Gas cans even with limited touches and on plays that were not even designed around his talents. Ie giants on third down he just banged it up, and made the play and nearly scored a TD coming in cold on a one off play.

Yet, you all want to talk about his drops, muffs whatever when they were as a PR. that requires different skills with different pressures and different plays.

But, at RB he has not dropped a ball once and not on any passes received either (including pre season)

we lose three RB in two weeks, and we cut the guy that knows enough of the play book to perform on the day against falcons.

Instead we buy a couple of vets at RB hoping they can learn all the plays in 5 days then throw them in with a new starting QB that they never have played with before.... even though we had a RB that had played with the new starting QB in pre season, went ok to if you review the tape.... yet we cut Hayne instead.

With all the injuries we have had the ST coach puts in an injury prone WR as both the KR and the PR. the only saving grace is the DL is so bad he may not get many chances at PR... plenty of KR though

s**t, even Our Punt kicker broke down last week from all the kicks he been doing

Guys we are LAST in total points scored LAST in average scores per Game.

Not saying Hayne will be the deliverance of all points for the 49ers, but sure as s**t he would have a better chance at getting the team in the game, maybe even SCORE a touch down or two.... that would be good for the team don't you think? considering we haven't scored a TD in two weeks.

We cant win if we don't SCORE points. and yet we cut the last RB we had with any dynamics on the field..... for a Gas can 1.2 yrd av. and a few vets that will give us 80% so that they aren't injured, like most journeyman players in the NFL.

This conservative, insular thinking of the coaching team.... how has that been working out for us?

We leave Hayne on the PS, at the same time many 49ers fans in the forum are practically gloating he got cut. The only good thing in this is that he will not get banged up before another team picks him up later in the year of the PS.

Ok, my rant is over, you all can go back to considering any number of vet RB with extensive NFL game experience as the staring RB

Originally posted by MFWIC:

Hayne should not have been cut, simply on stats at RB alone he was outperforming davis and Gas cans even with limited touches and on plays that were not even designed around his talents. Ie giants on third down he just banged it up, and made the play and nearly scored a TD coming in cold on a one off play.

Yet, you all want to talk about his drops, muffs whatever when they were as a PR. that requires different skills with different pressures and different plays.

But, at RB he has not dropped a ball once and not on any passes received either (including pre season)

we lose three RB in two weeks, and we cut the guy that knows enough of the play book to perform on the day against falcons.

Instead we buy a couple of vets at RB hoping they can learn all the plays in 5 days then throw them in with a new starting QB that they never have played with before.... even though we had a RB that had played with the new starting QB in pre season, went ok to if you review the tape.... yet we cut Hayne instead.

With all the injuries we have had the ST coach puts in an injury prone WR as both the KR and the PR. the only saving grace is the DL is so bad he may not get many chances at PR... plenty of KR though

s**t, even Our Punt kicker broke down last week from all the kicks he been doing

Guys we are LAST in total points scored LAST in average scores per Game.

Not saying Hayne will be the deliverance of all points for the 49ers, but sure as s**t he would have a better chance at getting the team in the game, maybe even SCORE a touch down or two.... that would be good for the team don't you think? considering we haven't scored a TD in two weeks.

We cant win if we don't SCORE points. and yet we cut the last RB we had with any dynamics on the field..... for a Gas can 1.2 yrd av. and a few vets that will give us 80% so that they aren't injured, like most journeyman players in the NFL.

This conservative, insular thinking of the coaching team.... how has that been working out for us?

We leave Hayne on the PS, at the same time many 49ers fans in the forum are practically gloating he got cut. The only good thing in this is that he will not get banged up before another team picks him up later in the year of the PS.

Ok, my rant is over, you all can go back to considering any number of vet RB with extensive NFL game experience as the staring RB
The 9ers should have thrown the game plan out the window and given Hayne the ball 30 times per match at RB.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
People say running backs are a dime a dozen......so why don't we have any?

Our GM likes to draft ones who don't really want to play.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 5, 2015 at 5:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Drift:
Is a rolling maul legal in NFL? Could be useful in those 1 and goal situations...

http://ordinary-gentlemen.com/blog/2015/09/14/the-flying-wedge-the-greatest-play-in-football/

It was known as a 'flying wedge', and banned after a few too many fatalities.
Joseph "underwear shoplifting" Randle is now available.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
People say running backs are a dime a dozen......so why don't we have any?

Our GM likes to draft ones who don't really want to play.
hunter not working out was such a negative surprise to me . injuries happen and they are happening to running backs all around the nfl.. I will still stand up for reggie,,,, i think he never should have carried the ball on the play up the middle vs the vikings when he first got hurt,, and on sunday, we all know the rams are to blame for that. bad luck. you lose three running backs and no one can blame trent for that. i thought davis would be good but before he got hurt he was not.. is that the o llines fault,, is it god rathmans fault? i do not know. thomas is at least respectable and right now i would settle for a little respectable when it comes to any facet of our offense
Share 49ersWebzone