There are 352 users in the forums
Game #6: The Good- Bad- Ugly
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:07 AM
- cciowa
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,541
not pleased at all with the d coach. was hoping to see our new linebacker sunday
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,417
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
The Ugly
W gives Baalke confidence on his job and that sickens me
So you would prefer we lose for the rest of the year in order to prove your opinion of the GM is correct. Pretty sickening attitude.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:10 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,417
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:You're pretty much admitting to trolling.Originally posted by cciowa:no i do not think i will but thanks for your advice. the guilty ones are usually the ones who respond,. lolOriginally posted by SoCold:Originally posted by cciowa:Originally posted by NCommand:Originally posted by SMAUG:I hope the haters take at least a week off from the bashing and whining and can celebrate a good result.
Bwahahahaha! Just read this thread...hating seconds after a (minimized) win.
how do you explain some people who act like they are just having the time of their lives in making fun and piling on after the team loses and then to see those same people minimizing and downplaying a much needed win ? it is really amazing to me. i guess it is called "reality" in their strange sad little world
this thread is about breaking down all aspects of the game win or lose. Maybe you should hang out in another thread if it hurts your feels
I suggest this exchange stops.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:13 AM
- thl408
- Moderator
- Posts: 33,332
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:14 AM
- BodhiPaddlesOut
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,850
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by cciowa:You're pretty much admitting to trolling.
Originally posted by SoCold:no i do not think i will but thanks for your advice. the guilty ones are usually the ones who respond,. lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SMAUG:
I hope the haters take at least a week off from the bashing and whining and can celebrate a good result.
Bwahahahaha! Just read this thread...hating seconds after a (minimized) win.
how do you explain some people who act like they are just having the time of their lives in making fun and piling on after the team loses and then to see those same people minimizing and downplaying a much needed win ? it is really amazing to me. i guess it is called "reality" in their strange sad little world
this thread is about breaking down all aspects of the game win or lose. Maybe you should hang out in another thread if it hurts your feels
I suggest this exchange stops.
Thanks for jumping in.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:18 AM
- BodhiPaddlesOut
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,850
Originally posted by thl408:
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
So is there like a one or two day buffer where we have to tip toe around the daisies now? sarcasm: off
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:31 AM
- sacniner
- Member
- Posts: 31,684
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Were we really 0% in the redzone in regards to scoring TDs
I think so. It's positive that we had so many scoring drives, now if we can keep that up they can get better at getting in the endzone. We had this problem a few years ago.
Red Zone Efficiency 0/3 - 0%
had the ball 1st-10 at the 19
got to the 12
kicked a FG
After a Flacco pick
1st-10 at the 14
got to the 8
kicked a FG
After a Flacco pick
1st-10 at the 14
lost yards back to the 24
kicked a FG
No wonder it was a one possession game when it shouldn't have been. Flacco and Balt. played so s**tty, especially early on. Steve Smith even gifted us a couple dropped TD receptions. Hope that win wasn't fool's gold
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by thl408:
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
Amen!
Wait until the film thread...then have PROOF to back up the b***hing!
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM
- cciowa
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by thl408:
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
as you know i am a big homer but i have had no problem ripping our d coach today and i have had NO problem ripping vernon today. he needs to be gone or benched with bruce and celek taking his duties in my opinion. i do not think our team is as bad as some think it is and by removing crabs and vernon we now have removed the guys who are scared by the hawks in my opinion. i get upset by people dogging our team and acting upset when we win so i say some s**t, english rightfully chastises me and life goes on
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM
- philosoraptor
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,318
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
good-
passing game
pass protection
the secondary, they did well with no passrush up front.
red zone defense
bad -
run blocking and the running game
jaryd hayne
mike davis
ugly-
the passrush, seriously two games with no sacks?
the hit in the face with a shovel ugly -
the fans who continue to talk crap about their own team and players. There is a point where its not criticism any longer, its just talking s**t about your supposed team. Like fans talking bad about kaepernick still when he has played well the last two weeks.
Stop being so sensitive.
Not about being sensitive. Just stupid to see fans being inherently negative after a win.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:39 AM
- sacniner
- Member
- Posts: 31,684
Originally posted by thl408:
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
What's frustrating for me is that there are extremes on both sides. I try and be level headed. It was a fun game, especially the first half. Yes, lets enjoy it. Our favorite ginger with the huge gain, getting Torrey involved... but there is nothing wrong w/ discussing logical points and facts. I don't think people should be questioned for that.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:40 AM
- BodhiPaddlesOut
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,850
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by thl408:
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
What's frustrating for me is that there are extremes on both sides. I try and be level headed. It was a fun game, especially the first half. Yes, lets enjoy it. Our favorite ginger with the huge gain, getting Torrey involved... but there is nothing wrong w/ discussing logical points and facts. I don't think people should be questioned for that.
Well said.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM
- PacTiger
- Member
- Posts: 30,146
So we can't talk shop without the thought police showing up? Anyways, I hope the secondary keeps improving in the schemes mangini calls for. There were less blown coverages yesterday. I wonder if or when they will fully grasp the concepts mangini wants to run and begin to play faster and more aggressive.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:46 AM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,271
Originally posted by NCommand:This!!!
The Bad:
- Wilhoite/Bowman. These two just can't cover at all underneath. The middle of the field is absolutely being exposed with passes behind them and in front of the CB/S's or out of the backfield (obviously). Someone needs to chart this sh!t. It's going to look insane.
- 1st down production in the second half; it was terrific in the first and then in the second, it sucked...constantly in 2nd and longs having to face big pass rushes and settling for FG's d/t sacks. Fortunately, CK had a couple epic ad lib plays to help.
- Love the fire of CK yelling at Davis and Hyde yelling at the OL (who always has 3 guys 3 yards deep in the backfield)...but that's also a serious cause for concern. Where was Tiller?
- Ravens a great team on 3rd down manufactured blitzes. Only saw one pressure-beater to Boldin.
The Ugly:
- Mangini. This scheme really is square-peg/round-hole and it's obvious he's wearing our own defense out...not just physically late but mentally (see a dozen 12-men-on-the-field issues and wasted TO's and penalties). Players should NOT be confused this late into the season. He is our version of HaRoman's false start penalties.
- Pass rush...if the OLB's weren't too exhausted after chasing WR's and RB's 50 yards down field, they certainly had no answers for any type of pass rush including Harold when their number WAS called.
Firstly, I totally blame the Wilhoite/Bowman coverage problems on Trent. He didn't even try to address the ILB problem in the draft. There's not much that Mangini can do but take him and Wilhoite off the field on passing downs. The problems moving that Bowman is having was entirely predictable. Wilihoite is who he is - a very good backup who's decent in the run game but a liability in the pass game. Yeah, Wilhoite got an INT, but that was more Flacco than Wilhoite IMHO. But more importantly, I knew that there was no way that Bowman could return to pre-injury form, that teams would test and exploit him, and in my mind for Baalke to count on that is just unforgivable.
Secondly, the 2nd half play calling was so frustrating I wanted to
. It's clear that the coaching staff just don't trust Kaep., I'm not sure I completely do either. But the way Kaep was playing yesterday I just don't see why Geep got conservative and went away from what was working. I can tell you that Geep cannot play-call that way against the Seacrows. If we get a lead and find an exploitable hole in their defense Geep had better exploit it until they fix it or until the clock hits 00:00:00. I'm on record as stating that we need to draft a QB with our first pick in the 2016 draft. But until then, Kaep is who we have for better or worse. And playing conservative with him with leads isn't a formula for winning. We cannot play not to loose. If Kaep's passing got us the lead - and Hyde is playing injured with no real backup - let him throw to put the game away for us. Thirdly, I just don't understand why Tiller isn't starting. I'm not stating that he's the answer to our O-line woes. But with Tiller in the game the blocking is noticeably better and a bit nastier. As a coach myself I'm really not understanding the coaches thinking here. The only thing I can think of is that Tiller must not be doing as well in practice as he is in the games, but there are many players like that all the time. Obviously I'm not in the coaching meetings, but this is what I see: Devey routinely gets pushed into the backfield - run or pass - and Tiller doesn't. Devey routinely get beat on stunts and games. Tiller doesn't, mostly due to the fact that Tiller has a really devastating and sudden "punch" technique that really stops defenders in their tacks. Devey is more fineness, and "walls" defenders adequately but he doesn't "drive" the defenders well. Tiller "drives" defenders better than adequate. Devey just isn't as physical as Tiller. And I know if I can see it the coaching staff can see it. So I'm just not understanding why Devey continue to start, or why there's even a rotation there. But they don't pay me the big bucks so what do I know
Forth, we are seeing why this team had to "settle" for Mangini. He just has a blind refusal to coach to the given talent. I haven't re-watched the game yet, but from what I saw the secondary did a lot better in man coverage. When we went into the zone, in particular Mangini's complicated zone coverage, there were gaping holes all over the field. As I stated before, the secondary personnel are better at press man/off man coverage. What Mangini continue to ask of them is just not in their talent DNA IMHO. But Mangini just refuses to coach to the talent he has, opting instead to force-teach his scheme onto the personnel and it shows game after game. Players are constantly stuck in their heads thinking. At what point will "player execution" cease to suffice as an excuse for the defensive problems?
Finally, we are seriously missing Aldon. I just don't think is was a good idea to release. But I also think the pass rush is another outgrowth of Mangini's scheme. He continues to put Brooks and Lynch into coverage and I also think this wares then down, making them ineffective for rushing the passer when we need them to. It drove me crazy to see it so much yesterday! I mean, I'm glad I was in my man-cave watching the game because there was a lot of cursing at the TVat the sight of Brooks and Lynch covering slot WR's.
And I honestly believe that Armstead is being under utilized. I think, at least on passing downs, he should be used on at the 5 technique. We draft him in the first (over draft that is) but we place him 3rd on the depth chart behind TJE at LDT. (I'M SO TIRED OF DRAFTING DEVELOPMENTAL GUYS WE CAN ONLY USE SITUATIONALLY!!!!
) Harold is simply just no help and should not have been drafted (yet again a Baalke developmental special
). I don't wanna rant about Baalke here, but the lack of pass rush is hard to watch, and a combo of scheme, poorly thought draft picks, and bone headed actions by Aldon. Hopefully we can bring him back next season.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM
- thl408
- Moderator
- Posts: 33,332
Originally posted by sacniner:Fair enough. Don't let anyone put a damper on what you want to discuss. I've done my part of criticizing wins in the past so I know what's up. Maybe the thread posted about, "We are not a SB team" that popped up right after the win threw me off. Why wait until a win to put that thread up? Anyway, I didn't mean to censor thoughts and criticisms as long as it's about the team so I'll step aside on this particular topic.
Originally posted by thl408:
The Ugly is some posters thinking they have to put a downer stamp on the win. I don't think anyone thinks this team is now headed for an extended playoff run, but the way this season has started, I think rejoicing in a win is needed. If the team is as bad as many of us think, don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled #b***hmode Thursday night. But for this short week, let's enjoy the W. I know I can't wait to lay into Mangini again, but for these three days, I'll stfu about him.
What's frustrating for me is that there are extremes on both sides. I try and be level headed. It was a fun game, especially the first half. Yes, lets enjoy it. Our favorite ginger with the huge gain, getting Torrey involved... but there is nothing wrong w/ discussing logical points and facts. I don't think people should be questioned for that.