LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 313 users in the forums

Coaches

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 190836:
@MontePooleCSN: Wonder if #49ers boss Jed York still sees dumping Jim Harbaugh for Jim Tomsula as similar to #Warriors firing Mark Jackson for Steve Kerr.

Only in proximity to points allowed! 90 points in the last 2 games?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
@MontePooleCSN: Wonder if #49ers boss Jed York still sees dumping Jim Harbaugh for Jim Tomsula as similar to #Warriors firing Mark Jackson for Steve Kerr.

Someone forgot to tell Jed that Kerr is the exception, not the rule.

Yup
After first game, there was someone wondering if we would lose mangini to HC because he did such a good job. Well, here is your answer.
Obviously, when you lose two consecutive games 90 - 25 -- halftime scores -- and this is really incredible -- 59 -10 -- then you have to admit that coaching staff is responsible for most of the blame. it's impossible for professional rosters to be that discrepant. Not in the era of salary cap parity. I mean, this reminds me of raiders Giants circa 1971.

It's too early to say this is the worst nightmare come true regarding the staff hires. But another walloper or two will confirm that our coaching staff just doesn't have the On Job training to compete in the NFL right now.

SO the question could soon be -- who gets s*t canned first:

tomsula
mangini
chryst

And the even better question is, who would get hired?
Don't know if a different coaching staff would make much of a drastic change.
Honeybadger in his post-game presser:

"Their passing game has been simplified so much it was easy for us to anticipate routes and just get some good breaks on the ball."

Why is our passing game so simplistic? I thought Roman was the problem, Webzone.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Honeybadger in his post-game presser:

"Their passing game has been simplified so much it was easy for us to anticipate routes and just get some good breaks on the ball."

Why is our passing game so simplistic? I thought Roman was the problem, Webzone.

Roman was not the answer. Chryst may not be either.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Don't know if a different coaching staff would make much of a drastic change.

Um, a competent one would.
  • bret
  • Veteran
I knew it was a risk hiring a head coach who had never even been a coordinator, but I still had high hopes for Tomsula, because everyone has spoken so highly of him and he really seems like a straight-talker. But something happened today that really shook my faith: Quinton Patton's personal foul penalty. At that point they were still in position to make it two score game at the end of the half, and they were getting the ball to start the third.

But Patton, who showed up of his own volition in violation of the rules the day after he was drafted, has continued to make stupid mistakes ever since; as a rookie, it just just seemed like naivete. But now in year three, it just proves he doesn't get it! He's either simply not smart enough or not mature enough to handle this game.

Tomsula needed to bench him immediately. Physical errors happen, but there should be no excuse for stupiud mental errrors that cost your team a chance to be in the game. But Tomsula did nothing!

Moreover, Martin is a huge liability at center, and Pears is too slow to play tackle. Let's get Easton in at center and move Pears to guard. I'd rather take my chances with a raw rookie like Trent Brown who might suck, but also who might someday be better than Pears. Pears has already established his ceiling and it's below the floor for most teams.

Coaches need to make the tough decisions. And our season could quickly get out of hand if Tomsula doesn't make the tough decisions.

We picked this staff up at the Walmart bargain bin, and the quality shows.
I think I'm most pissed that these clowns are going to ruin Kaps career. Kap has talent, but he needs structure. This circus is going to turn him into RGIII...

5 play offense + poor Oline + sorry play calling = End of Kaps career as 49er.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM ]

York was speaking about toxic culture problems being changed out, but never let facts hinder those Niner Talk narratives!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Obviously, when you lose two consecutive games 90 - 25 -- halftime scores -- and this is really incredible -- 59 -10 -- then you have to admit that coaching staff is responsible for most of the blame. it's impossible for professional rosters to be that discrepant. Not in the era of salary cap parity. I mean, this reminds me of raiders Giants circa 1971.

It's too early to say this is the worst nightmare come true regarding the staff hires. But another walloper or two will confirm that our coaching staff just doesn't have the On Job training to compete in the NFL right now.

SO the question could soon be -- who gets s*t canned first:

tomsula
mangini
chryst

And the even better question is, who would get hired?

Holmgren as GM. Shanahan as HC. Three year rebuild.
Originally posted by bret:
I knew it was a risk hiring a head coach who had never even been a coordinator, but I still had high hopes for Tomsula, because everyone has spoken so highly of him and he really seems like a straight-talker. But something happened today that really shook my faith: Quinton Patton's personal foul penalty. At that point they were still in position to make it two score game at the end of the half, and they were getting the ball to start the third.

But Patton, who showed up of his own volition in violation of the rules the day after he was drafted, has continued to make stupid mistakes ever since; as a rookie, it just just seemed like naivete. But now in year three, it just proves he doesn't get it! He's either simply not smart enough or not mature enough to handle this game.

Tomsula needed to bench him immediately. Physical errors happen, but there should be no excuse for stupiud mental errrors that cost your team a chance to be in the game. But Tomsula did nothing!

Moreover, Martin is a huge liability at center, and Pears is too slow to play tackle. Let's get Easton in at center and move Pears to guard. I'd rather take my chances with a raw rookie like Trent Brown who might suck, but also who might someday be better than Pears. Pears has already established his ceiling and it's below the floor for most teams.

Coaches need to make the tough decisions. And our season could quickly get out of hand if Tomsula doesn't make the tough decisions.

I agree about Patton. After I saw him still out there I couldn't believe it. He's a players coach alright. Tomsula needs to get some balls instead of looking like Erickson on the sideline not knowing what's going on.
Share 49ersWebzone