There are 772 users in the forums
Prediction Time!
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sep 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM
- 24plus25er
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,180
This is either a 6-10 or 10-6 team...
Sep 10, 2015 at 1:01 AM
- Dingo
- Veteran
- Posts: 627
Originally posted by Geckko:
I have no f-ing idea what I am talking about.
But I sense a really good and building vibe in the organisation. We're going to surprise. 9-7 this year and we're going to have rivals talking about us.
+1 (mainly about the "what I'm talking about" bit, lol)
But I do know sport psychology; fan positivity and enthusiasm do find their way into the locker and onto the field. I'm excited for the 49ers.
Sep 10, 2015 at 3:47 AM
- Niners99
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,280
Originally posted by susweel:Originally posted by InsertNameHere:The season is finally upon us fellow 49er fans.
To say that we have endured a pretty tumultuous offseason would be an understatement, but the Vikings are all that matters now.
IF our O-Line can give Kaepernick just a little time, I think that he will solidify himself as a top 10 QB.
I think that Hyde will rush for more yards than Gore.
Even with all of the losses on Defense (Willis,Cully,Cox,J.Smith,A.Smith,Borland) we will still have a top 10 defense.
Lynch will have around 15 sacks.
We go 10-6 and make the playoffs.
That is just a few to start the thread off.
This has to be one of the single most humerus threads I have read in the past 5-7 years. Thank you sir for supplying good laughter to my day.
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:48 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by verb1der:this team is a ten win team. embrace it.people who give up and opt to hide under the bed before the season even starts are really funny little people
If ur basing it all on "potential" then u might be creating false hope for yourself, bcz every team has a lot of "potential", and can surprise.
4-12....accept it now and spare yourself the stress and heartbreak.
.
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:51 AM
- crake49
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,201
HUMERUS!!!
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM
- cortana49
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,068
8-8
Minnesota W
Pittsburgh L
Arizona W
Green Bay L
New York Giants L
Baltimore W
Seattle W
St. Louis L
Atlanta L
Seattle L
Arizona W
Chicago L
Cleveland W
Cincinnati W
Detroit L
St. Louis W
Minnesota W
Pittsburgh L
Arizona W
Green Bay L
New York Giants L
Baltimore W
Seattle W
St. Louis L
Atlanta L
Seattle L
Arizona W
Chicago L
Cleveland W
Cincinnati W
Detroit L
St. Louis W
Sep 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,284
PREDICTION???
PAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!
PAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!
Sep 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM
- PacTiger
- Member
- Posts: 30,146
To get to the playoffs we need to win ugly, often and get to the second half of the season with a winning record.
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:33 PM
- gravelburn
- Veteran
- Posts: 303
I'm impressed with the approach of the coaching staff and expect the Niners to be well prepared come game day and make adjustments to fix problems as they arise. Of course I'm basing my expectation on what I hear in interviews, but I believe sound teaching and the holistic approach to coaching JT and his staff are preaching will put the team in as good a position to succeed as can be expected. We definitely have a lot of youth, so there will be some individual mistakes made, but again they'll be addressed and corrected. Looks like the right side of our line may be out-talented by some opponents (you can't teach talent), so we'll be a bit compromised having to leave in a TE or RB to help, but other than there, the team seems pretty talented and deep. I expect they won't choose starters at CB or PR for a while and will platoon the 3 lead guys at each spot based on match-up (CB) or just for a change-up (PR). Mostly solid talent, sound coaching-- we should be competitive.
A bit of luck can swing a record by 2-3 wins. We've been so karmically f##ked lately, I expect the pendulum's got to start swinging the other direction about now. Conservatively, I predict 9-7, but if the ball bounces our way more often than not (and damn it's got to at some point), I predict we shock the world, go 11-5 and earn the top wildcard spot. Come playoffs, we might even make a run for it. Above all, those expecting a full-out collapse are way off base. No guarantee they're world-beaters this year, but they will definitely be competitive.
A bit of luck can swing a record by 2-3 wins. We've been so karmically f##ked lately, I expect the pendulum's got to start swinging the other direction about now. Conservatively, I predict 9-7, but if the ball bounces our way more often than not (and damn it's got to at some point), I predict we shock the world, go 11-5 and earn the top wildcard spot. Come playoffs, we might even make a run for it. Above all, those expecting a full-out collapse are way off base. No guarantee they're world-beaters this year, but they will definitely be competitive.
Sep 12, 2015 at 6:24 AM
- Constantine
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,248
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:The season is finally upon us fellow 49er fans.
To say that we have endured a pretty tumultuous offseason would be an understatement, but the Vikings are all that matters now.
IF our O-Line can give Kaepernick just a little time, I think that he will solidify himself as a top 10 QB.
I think that Hyde will rush for more yards than Gore.
Even with all of the losses on Defense (Willis,Cully,Cox,J.Smith,A.Smith,Borland) we will still have a top 10 defense.
Lynch will have around 15 sacks.
We go 10-6 and make the playoffs.
That is just a few to start the thread off.
Sometimes I wish Baalke would work his magic, scout vets and trade for a offense tackle. Its worth a 3rd round pick bc we all know good tackles are hard to find
Sep 12, 2015 at 9:38 AM
- Constantine
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,248
Originally posted by Constantine:Originally posted by InsertNameHere:The season is finally upon us fellow 49er fans.
To say that we have endured a pretty tumultuous offseason would be an understatement, but the Vikings are all that matters now.
IF our O-Line can give Kaepernick just a little time, I think that he will solidify himself as a top 10 QB.
I think that Hyde will rush for more yards than Gore.
Even with all of the losses on Defense (Willis,Cully,Cox,J.Smith,A.Smith,Borland) we will still have a top 10 defense.
Lynch will have around 15 sacks.
We go 10-6 and make the playoffs.
That is just a few to start the thread off.
Sometimes I wish Baalke would work his magic, scout vets and trade for a offense tackle. Its worth a 3rd round pick bc we all know good tackles are hard to find
Vicking P. Loadholt or Jets B. Giacomini for our 4th round would be huge
Sep 12, 2015 at 9:48 AM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,696
Lmao at lynch having 15 sacks
Sep 12, 2015 at 11:50 AM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
Constantine, watch and wait...Brown may be starting before midseason, Easton could become a starter this yr, and Bell, altho a TE, could very well be another blocker on LOS. But no argument, if we want a starting OL guy, we are going to need to trade up...and a 3rd plus our 1st may not be enough...unless we get horribly unlucky and end up drafting high... but I just don't see that happening. Also, Devey is slated to start but I know zip about him. Still we need a high first round OL guy in our next draft.
Sep 12, 2015 at 12:25 PM
- Constantine
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,248
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:Constantine, watch and wait...Brown may be starting before midseason, Easton could become a starter this yr, and Bell, altho a TE, could very well be another blocker on LOS. But no argument, if we want a starting OL guy, we are going to need to trade up...and a 3rd plus our 1st may not be enough...unless we get horribly unlucky and end up drafting high... but I just don't see that happening. Also, Devey is slated to start but I know zip about him. Still we need a high first round OL guy in our next draft.
Yeah thats why we should try to trade for one those two players above for a 4 round or maybe a 3rd. Loadholt from the Vickings is a very good pass blocker with long strong arms. That would be a huge upgrade.
Sep 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,696
how's my 3-13 prediction looking now fellas? A little optimistic me thinks.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM ]
