49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 439 users in the forums

GAMEDAY THREAD: SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs San Diego Chargers - 2015 Preseason Game 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Game is schedule for 7:00 pm, so I imagine they'll kick off 7:05-7:10. Something like that.

?
PDT
PST
Originally posted by Moover:
?
PDT
PST

PDT
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 1, 2015 at 5:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Every time the 9ers and Chargers play in the Preseason there's always questionable penalties called. And majority of the time San Francisco always loses to these guys in the Preseason so let's not all get too excited or emotional.

That's because it's always week 4 of the preseason and it's mainly backups/scrubs playing which leads to a much sloppier game
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889



^^

I remember watching that game as a kid 20 years ago. Downloading it now.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I hope they figure out the starting O and make them play the first half. These guys need reps, I don't care if it's preseason and against backups.

I agree. Not comfortable with the last showing and then just shutting it down and then letting live bullets fly next time as our home opener on national television against a lesser team. It will be like chicago all over again
Originally posted by SofaKing:
^^

I remember watching that game as a kid 20 years ago. Downloading it now.

how old are you?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
how old are you?

27
Ah, the 1994 team. My favorite ever. (I was 15).
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
how old are you?

27

the '94 season is the first year i can remember that i started watching football, good times
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
how old are you?

27

the '94 season is the first year i can remember that i started watching football, good times

Same here.
Game was much crisper then, IMO. Better line play in general across the league, and less basketball-on-grass passing game.
Also, note the plays that don't work for SF, such as the three passes on the first drive that go incomplete and force a punt, or some of the missed tackles on defense in SD's first drive. This was a championship team. Sometimes I think the standard of perfection in gameday threads in NT is somewhat formed by the nostalgic memory of these former great teams that ignores when they weren't perfect.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 1, 2015 at 11:50 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Game was much crisper then, IMO. Better line play in general across the league, and less basketball-on-grass passing game.

Agree, I miss the way the game used to be played.
Originally posted by captveg:
Also, note the plays that don't work for SF, such as the three passes on the first drive that go incomplete and force a punt, or some of the missed tackles on defense in SD's first drive. This was a championship team. Sometimes I think the standard of perfection in gameday threads in NT is somewhat formed by the nostalgic memory of these former great teams that ignores when they weren't perfect.

Great point. I noticed the same thing when watching these old games. That channel has a bunch of old Niner games uploaded.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone