Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
All baalke has done is tarnish the 49er brand by bringing in these trouble makers.

Jerome Simpson has done nothing to tarnish the 49ers, he was not arrested since signing here.

The headline reads "49ers wr Jerome Simpson suspended for drugs"

Lol, what headlines show that ? TMZ ?

Nfl.com

Is there a difference?
The Rams were said to have been hoping Jenkins would fall to them. They picked Brian Quick over Alshon and the Jets picked Hill over him. No way to know for sure what other teams truly thought of Jenkins.

But saying Jenkins over Jefferey is a huge miss is simply basing it on his production in the Bears offense. You need to account for the fact that in our run heavy offense at the time and combined with Crabtree we would be starting one of them at split end when both best fit at flanker, and we would still lack a vertical threat. Also Harbs showed a penchant for not playing young players, so no knowing how long it takes Jefferey to become a contributor within our system. And let us not forget Baalke has a pipeline to South Carolina, if he passed over Jefferey for Jenkins it was possibly due to inside info. It was a certainly a miss but not a huge one.

The Rams rumor IMO has no basis in reality. It was based on some webzoners watching live feeds of war rooms.

Jenkins never even had great production at the college level. He was a forgettable player that had no buisness being a first round pick. Period. Like i said, i love trent, But Jenkins was a reach no matter what WR's were left on the board.
Originally posted by frisco49:
Originally posted by jreff22:
well Patton is safe

Yep
Wasn't this expected? Why are people acting like its a surprise?

Trolls be strong today
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The Rams were said to have been hoping Jenkins would fall to them. They picked Brian Quick over Alshon and the Jets picked Hill over him. No way to know for sure what other teams truly thought of Jenkins.

But saying Jenkins over Jefferey is a huge miss is simply basing it on his production in the Bears offense. You need to account for the fact that in our run heavy offense at the time and combined with Crabtree we would be starting one of them at split end when both best fit at flanker, and we would still lack a vertical threat. Also Harbs showed a penchant for not playing young players, so no knowing how long it takes Jefferey to become a contributor within our system. And let us not forget Baalke has a pipeline to South Carolina, if he passed over Jefferey for Jenkins it was possibly due to inside info. It was a certainly a miss but not a huge one.

The Rams rumor IMO has no basis in reality. It was based on some webzoners watching live feeds of war rooms.

Jenkins never even had great production at the college level. He was a forgettable player that had no buisness being a first round pick. Period. Like i said, i love trent, But Jenkins was a reach no matter what WR's were left on the board.

Who are you to question Baalke's unbridled genius?
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by dald1:
Ur right I wouldn't have wanted to trade up a whole draft to get them but Jenkins over Jeffrey is a huge miss and theres other instances but whatever is what it is lol

Jenkins turned out to be a miss but passing on Alshon is not a huge miss. Alshon has Alshon to blame for falling, and also Alshon's best fit is at flanker same as Crabtree. We needed to find someone who could compete at split end.

IMO, and i love Trent, it was indeed a huge miss. The whole draft was horrible. There was absolutely no one that would have picked Jenkins over Jeffrey except Trent.

Sometimes you miss, but that draft was certainly outside the norm, and if walls could talk i would bet there were some major behind the scenes debates/disagreements between GM/Coach that led to some of those questionable picks.

What leads you to believe that? Jenkins seemed like a desperation pick, and LaMichael James obviously was supposed to fit into a pre-conceived team structure that's why we signed who he was supposed to be (Reggie Bush).

Jenkins was a puzzlement, but I am not a GM, for me LMJ was even more so than Jenkins because we had Hunter... whereas Jenkins we had no speedy wr and it was desperation. Many times we don't hear the stories, like singletary demanding we pick that safety from USC, what's name-no really whats his name. Or that Harbaughs wr coach jumping up and down the table for a wr prospect (another USC product).

If anything our wr coach sucked as much as our OC. Not to mention why the hell did JH name mangini the TE's coach? I think that was another reason for the downfall of the TE position last year.
I got no problem with signing Simpson. He's got the speed we need on offense. Aldon & RayMac already f**ked up our "image" the past few years.

Here's to hoping he has big contributions come week 7(vs Seattle)
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

Peter King tweeted out the Rams interest in AJJ.
Originally posted by Antix:
Shoulda signed with another team. Woulda been 4 reduced down to 2

If he had sighed with the Cowboys he would have been suspended for just a half....
  • evil
  • Veteran
All baalke has done is tarnish the 49er brand by bringing in these trouble makers.

Jerome Simpson has done nothing to tarnish the 49ers, he was not arrested since signing here.

Nfl.com

Says substance abuse not drugs. Still he is not tarnishing us, he did not get in trouble here.

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by dald1:
Ur right I wouldn't have wanted to trade up a whole draft to get them but Jenkins over Jeffrey is a huge miss and theres other instances but whatever is what it is lol

Jenkins turned out to be a miss but passing on Alshon is not a huge miss. Alshon has Alshon to blame for falling, and also Alshon's best fit is at flanker same as Crabtree. We needed to find someone who could compete at split end.

IMO, and i love Trent, it was indeed a huge miss. The whole draft was horrible. There was absolutely no one that would have picked Jenkins over Jeffrey except Trent.

Sometimes you miss, but that draft was certainly outside the norm, and if walls could talk i would bet there were some major behind the scenes debates/disagreements between GM/Coach that led to some of those questionable picks.

What leads you to believe that? Jenkins seemed like a desperation pick, and LaMichael James obviously was supposed to fit into a pre-conceived team structure that's why we signed who he was supposed to be (Reggie Bush).

Jenkins was not a desperation pick at all. He was the choice at that spot. Trent put his name in an envelope i believe. Lamichael was something different all together. I believe he was one of the best players on the board at the time. RB was not a huge need however and i believe Trent had a different assumption about how Harbaugh would run his offense. I believe he was a consensus pick between harbs/trent, harbs wanted him, and Trent drafted him because he thought he would have a place in Harbs offense, but we never ran any type of running or passing game that even remotely would translate to him being successful, and he was also an emo whinny b***h who couldn't hack it as a 49er.

In fact, general manager Trent Baalke wrote Jenkins' name on a piece of paper and stuffed it in an envelope earlier on Thursday, sure he would be San Francisco-bound by the end of the day.

Uh, I'm not sure him being right was a good thing. What does that really say? That he knew he'd fall down far enough for the 49ers to pick him?

RB was not a huge need however and i believe Trent had a different assumption about how Harbaugh would run his offense. I believe he was a consensus pick between harbs/trent, harbs wanted him, and Trent drafted him because he thought he would have a place in Harbs offense, but we never ran any type of running or passing game that even remotely would translate to him being successful,

That's speculation, and there's more proof that LMJ simply sucks than there is that Harbaugh was unable to implement him into the game.

"In Miami he appeared in 2 games recording 3 carries for 9 yards."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Nfl.com

Says substance abuse not drugs. Still he is not tarnishing us, he did not get in trouble here.

yah sure

Peter King tweeted out the Rams interest in AJJ.

Thats about as reliable as webzoners watching the live feed to the war rooms, so i stand by my comment.

Nfl.com

yah sure

Sus only typing with one hand after the news of today…
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Nfl.com

yah sure

Sus only typing with one hand after the news of today…

Let's keep the conversation about the team.
Share 49ersWebzone