Originally posted by defenderDX:
if our line cant hold up we're f**ked this season

Can't be worse than last year....knock on wood

Well.......
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If plays are snapped with 15+ sec. left on the clock, I may have a stroke.

I will...shed a happy tear. The entire fan base may need to have a moment of silence.

Well the clock and to see what Kaep has actually worked on is what i'm interested in seeing. I hope to see quicker releases, maybe some short touch passes, and just overall good decision making. I don't expect too much fancy play-calling from Geep and Mangini though so probably will need to wait for week 1 to see any siginificant play-calls.
I disagree. We will be as vanilla as possible and it's more about evaluating talent than seeing where your teams potential is.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Didn't we go like all PS last year with no TD's or something?

Wow I was not aware of that, then again I don't keep track of TD's and other stats in the Preseason. Tell you one thing, the offense will be a lot better now that Crabtree is gone.

I think the preseason is not a good indicater of how well we will perform but it is a good indicater of how we will play. Every year on offense for a long time now, we keep thinking we are hiding our offense during the preseason and every year, our regular season offense has been an exact image of our preseason offense, which was no creativity or explosiveness. Preseason will be a very good indicater of the type of offense we will run in regular season. These are the plays the players practice and are trying to master. To throw something totally different at them in preseason than what they are practicing is crazy. If we throw a lot to the RBs in Preseason, then that will pretty much be what we do in regular season.

I'm so over this, "we don't want to show everything" rose colored glasses belief. We don't have years and years of plays to build on with this new coaching staff. What we see is what we will get.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
its a gauge and especially from the third quarter on a tryout for guys on our team to make another roster. and its a potential bad injury to key people situation waiting to happen. that is all i think about pre season
remember the 2011 preseason, the saints game in particular ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

made our playoff win all the sweeter

I will...shed a happy tear. The entire fan base may need to have a moment of silence.

If our fans know how to do anything in the stands, it's being silent.
Originally posted by captveg:

I was soooo waiting for this response. LOL
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Didn't we go like all PS last year with no TD's or something?

Wow I was not aware of that, then again I don't keep track of TD's and other stats in the Preseason. Tell you one thing, the offense will be a lot better now that Crabtree is gone.

I think the preseason is not a good indicater of how well we will perform but it is a good indicater of how we will play. Every year on offense for a long time now, we keep thinking we are hiding our offense during the preseason and every year, our regular season offense has been an exact image of our preseason offense, which was no creativity or explosiveness. Preseason will be a very good indicater of the type of offense we will run in regular season. These are the plays the players practice and are trying to master. To throw something totally different at them in preseason than what they are practicing is crazy. If we throw a lot to the RBs in Preseason, then that will pretty much be what we do in regular season.

I'm so over this, "we don't want to show everything" rose colored glasses belief. We don't have years and years of plays to build on with this new coaching staff. What we see is what we will get.

100% agree. We should noticeably see the differences even when the 2's and 3's are out there.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no they wont. weren't the raiders undefeated in preseason like 10 years in a row?

I wasn't talking about the record. My point is we'll see the teams identity and that should give us an idea of what to expect. We could go 0-4 in shoot outs and I'd be ecstatic. But 4-0 in a field goal fest where the first team offense looks like garbage (like last year) will spell trouble.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

we haven't had our 1st preseason game yet.
Bleacher reports pre season predictions just came out. They have the 49ers going 3-13. 3 games? Apparently Dylan Thompson is going to be the qb starter week 1 vs the Vikings.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

then when we throw a screen pass with under 15 seconds on the playclock it will be to much for my small brain to comprehend
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

or complaining that it is hot as they wear a hot tight fitting jersey, no hat while guzzling beer in the sun
Share 49ersWebzone