There are 162 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by natediaz:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Emitt Smith is NFL all time leader in rushing yards. But he's not considered to be the best Back

Brady is the same, he just lasted longer then Joe

only some of the niners fans don't admit brady is the GOAT. brady has been crowned by the majority of the media and the fans. just look around.

He plays in an era where receivers and QBs are not allowed to be touched by the defense.
Eff him
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He plays in an era where receivers and QBs are not allowed to be touched by the defense.
Eff him

He played in both eras actually.
Originally posted by McClusky:
Montana was more injured relative to his peer group, and Brady is less injured relative to his peer group. You can't simply default to assuming that Brady would have been more injured. Moon was starting 16 games at 39 in 1995 just like Brady just did. It's far from impossible.

Might Brady have missed a game or 2 every season like many did then? There is a decent chance that happens. However, to think it would have likely substantially altered his career arc considering his unusually good health even for his era is unlikely. It really shouldn't be that major a part in the discussion. Certainly as a central pillar it is a pretty weak one.

great post. people act like brady plays like big ben or something. brady is dan marino mold - a quintessential pocket passer who has a great pocket awareness. these guys move so well in the pocket but don't like to go outside of the pocket.

marino played 242 regular season games. alot more than montana did.
Originally posted by McClusky:
Montana was more injured relative to his peer group, and Brady is less injured relative to his peer group. You can't simply default to assuming that Brady would have been more injured. Moon was starting 16 games at 39 in 1995 just like Brady just did. It's far from impossible.

Might Brady have missed a game or 2 every season like many did then? There is a decent chance that happens. However, to think it would have likely substantially altered his career arc considering his unusually good health even for his era is unlikely. It really shouldn't be that major a part in the discussion. Certainly as a central pillar it is a pretty weak one.

great post. people act like brady plays like big ben or something. brady is dan marino mold - a quintessential pocket passer who has a great pocket awareness. these guys move so well in the pocket but don't like to go outside of the pocket.

marino played 242 regular season games. alot more than montana did.

Eff him

let's not act like 80's football was like late 60's or 70's where WRs got mugged all the time. also back then WRs could get physical too. so it goes both ways. they let players play. T.O would be just fine playing in the 80's. Julio would dominate no matter how DBs play him. randy moss would torch anybody in the 80's. it doesn't matter because they could also get physical and do things that would be called as an OPI in today's league.

and brady did fine before the rule change. he was 9-0 in the playoffs. he was called a golden boy for a reason. led the league in TD in year 2. watch some early pats dynasty games. there were in some major war. watch panthers vs. pats SB. watch eagles vs. pats SB. those were tough tough games. brady was just fine in those games.

today's players do get the benefit of the rule. they will have better overall stats. but that doesn't change the fact that brady is the greatest winner of all time. brady isn't the greatest because of his stats. nobody cares about the stats. if they did TO would've been a HOFer.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 9, 2017 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
And the media wouldn't let TO into the HOF. Fans who think Brady is the GOAT are just blind and incorrigible and can't admit it that Joe is the best of all time. If I'm picking a QB in his prime to lead my team to victory over the best in the universe I'm picking Joe Cool. That's a fact Seattle Jack.

look around everywhere and pretty much brady is the consensus GOAT QB right now. 7SB is better 4. 4SB mvps are better than 3. and he did it in a fashion where nobody thought it's possible. he did it at the age of 39. he did it without #1 WR.

i'm very curious why it's so hard to admit brady has passed montana. brady passed him few years ago.
[ Edited by natediaz on Feb 9, 2017 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
And the media wouldn't let TO into the HOF. Fans who think Brady is the GOAT are just blind and incorrigible and can't admit it that Joe is the best of all time. If I'm picking a QB in his prime to lead my team to victory over the best in the universe I'm picking Joe Cool. That's a fact Seattle Jack.

look around everywhere and pretty much brady is the consensus GOAT QB right now. 7SB is better 4. 4SB mvps are better than 3. and he did it in a fashion where nobody thought it's possible. he did it at the age of 39. he did it without #1 WR.

i'm very curious why it's so hard to admit brady has passed montana. brady passed him few years ago.

You are on a 49er fan board. What is your favorite team?
IMO brady had better peak and better career. but i can understand people claim montana had a better peak. ok that's fine. i won't argue much about it. montana's peak was great. with the prime jerry rice, he was just flat out awesome. but shaq had a better peak than kareem abdul jabbar. but who's better? 9 out of 10 will say kareem was better.

brady's peak was 2007, but his absolute peak would've been 2008, but he got hurt. brady missed critical peak year in 2008 and 2009 because in 2009 brady came back from the injury and didn't look the same. strangely though this current version of brady may not have that cannon arm he once had in 2007, but he actually moves better and may even got quicker. that's a serious work ethic and dedication to his body.

i'm a seahawks fan. i came here alot for past 8 years, but never really posted.

i saw the greatness of brady against us. that's when i realized he was the greatest. we hit him hard. but he got up. he's tough as nails. and i appreciate patriots greatness. i wish my team was like that. honestly i thought we were going to be a dynasty. i thought wilson was the next brady. if you think about it wilson's start was very similar to brady. but we refuse to give him a good oline. we refuse to spend any money on oline or draft a high round pick on oline. and honestly many of us starting to hate sherman. i'm getting tired of him opening his mouth. i want my team to play like the pats. shut up and be professional.

i respect da hell out of niners. we had a great thing going between harbaugh and pete. but honestly, you guys really really screwed things up. i believe harbaugh was the 2nd greatest coach in the league behind BB. he would've right the ship and would've done well for a long time. just too bad what happened to you guys. IMO you guys getting worse and worse actually are hurting us. I firmly believe a great competition brought the greatness out of our team.

i just think today's players are better than yesterday's player. IMO marshawn lynch would've been sick no matter which era he played in. my favorite player is Kam. dude would be nasty in any era. i saw him in person and dude is huge.

many of seahawks fans don't hate brady. pacific northwest people don't have alot of hate. most of us witnessed the greatness when we played the pats. we still can't believe what happened at the end, but at the same time we got lucky as hell with kearse catch. and what brady did to our D in the 4th broke us. i just think we aren't the same legend of the boom since that game. we kinda got exposed by the GOAT.

well, i come in peace. i like debating. that pats falcons SB was the greatest comeback i've ever seen in any sports. montana held that GOAT title for over 25 years. that's a long time for a title defense. but brady is the GOAT now.
[ Edited by natediaz on Feb 9, 2017 at 7:26 PM ]

i'm a seahawks fan. i came here alot for past 8 years, but never really posted.

i saw the greatness of brady against us. that's when i realized he was the greatest. we hit him hard. but he got up. he's tough as nails. and i appreciate patriots greatness. i wish my team was like that. honestly i thought we were going to be a dynasty. i thought wilson was the next brady. if you think about it wilson's start was very similar to brady. but we refuse to give him a good oline. we refuse to spend any money on oline or draft a high round pick on oline. and honestly many of us starting to hate sherman. i'm getting tired of him opening his mouth. i want my team to play like the pats. shut up and be professional.

i respect da hell out of niners. we had a great thing going between harbaugh and pete. but honestly, you guys really really screwed things up. i believe harbaugh was the 2nd greatest coach in the league behind BB. he would've right the ship and would've done well for a long time. just too bad what happened to you guys. IMO you guys getting worse and worse actually are hurting us. I firmly believe a great competition brought the greatness out of our team.

i just think today's players are better than yesterday's player. IMO marshawn lynch would've been sick no matter which era he played in. my favorite player is Kam. dude would be nasty in any era. i saw him in person and dude is huge.

many of seahawks fans don't hate brady. pacific northwest people don't have alot of hate. most of us witnessed the greatness when we played the pats. we still can't believe what happened at the end, but at the same time we got lucky as hell with kearse catch. and what brady did to our D in the 4th broke us. i just think we aren't the same legend of the boom since that game. we kinda got exposed by the GOAT.

well, i come in peace. i like debating. that pats falcons SB was the greatest comeback i've ever seen in any sports. montana held that GOAT title for over 25 years. that's a long time for a title defense. but brady is the GOAT now.

Now it makes sense why you would create an account just to crap on Montana. Carry on.

Edit:
In all seriousness, I think it is hard to compare across eras.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 9, 2017 at 7:29 PM ]
i have zero hate toward the niners. seriously. i actually enjoyed our rivalry because it made us relevant.

i'm just on board with the rest of the country. that's all. i would have a problem with somebody saying randy moss is better than jerry rice. i would have a serious problem is someone says ed reed is better than ronnie lott.

i just think niners fans need to realize what's going on. it's ok for another player to be better than your hero. it happens to the best of them. i never thought anybody could top montana. but somebody did. and i think it's an amazing accomplishment.
[ Edited by natediaz on Feb 9, 2017 at 7:44 PM ]
i have zero hate toward the niners. seriously. i actually enjoyed our rivalry because it made us relevant.

i'm just board with the rest of the country. that's all. i would have a problem with somebody saying randy moss is better than jerry rice. i would have a serious problem is something says ed reed is better than ronnie lott.

i just think niners fans need to realize what's going on. it's ok for another player to be better than your hero. it happens to the best of them. i never thought anybody could top montana. but somebody did. and i think it's an amazing accomplishment.

Thats not helping your case

i'm just on board with the rest of the country. that's all. i would have a problem with somebody saying randy moss is better than jerry rice. i would have a serious problem is someone says ed reed is better than ronnie lott.

Why do we have to realize what is going on?
You created this username just to tell us that Brady is better than Montana, this is the only thread you have posted in since joining.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Top 3 biggest SB chokes: Bills, Falcons, Seahawks. Guess who benefited from the last 2

The guy who engineered 5 4th quarter/ ot TD drives in those 2 games. You can call it a choke all you want he won.

Do I take away Montana's wins since Den didn't bother to show up for all 4 quarters?
Share 49ersWebzone