LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 209 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brady didn't have to cheat to be great. Barry Bonds is a known cheater and is hated by most people. Tom Brady is a cheater and is love by many. Race plays a factor.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Brady didn't have to cheat to be great. Barry Bonds is a known cheater and is hated by most people. Tom Brady is a cheater and is love by many. Race plays a factor.
Here we go again. Color makes no difference to me I am an equal opportunity Hater.
[ Edited by bud49 on Jan 22, 2018 at 7:25 PM ]
The whole super bowl loss thing as a blemish is silly.

Its like making fun of the salutatorian. Lol second place lol.
Originally posted by bud49:
Here we go again. Color makes no difference to me I am an equal opportunity Hater.

That's good for you but race does play a factor. I know that both men play different sports and broke different records. Hell, before their cheating bonds was hated and brady was loved. With that said, race does play a factor into this. No one mentions brady/patriots cheating attempts but bonds cannot get into the hall of fame.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Let me play devil's advocate for a second: When we lost to the Ravens a few years ago, some fans (mostly pessimists, obviously) believed that it blemished our franchise because we were perfect in the Super Bowl before that.

Do you agree with that?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Let me play devil's advocate for a second: When we lost to the Ravens a few years ago, some fans (mostly pessimists, obviously) believed that it blemished our franchise because we were perfect in the Super Bowl before that.

Do you agree with that?

Nope. Of course it sucked, but I was glad we weren't s**tty anymore. We were winning. I'm not afraid of the big game. Is Brady somehow tainted because he lost super bowls? That negates actually making it there. At some point I thought this way but not I realize 8 AFC championships is something to be proud of.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 22, 2018 at 8:35 PM ]

There's a difference between illegally pumping yourself full of drugs until your head swells compared to putting glue on your gloves or deflating a football.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

There's a difference between illegally pumping yourself full of drugs until your head swells compared to putting glue on your gloves or deflating a football.

This x a million
Nope. Of course it sucked, but I was glad we weren't s**tty anymore. We were winning. I'm not afraid of the big game. Is Brady somehow tainted because he lost super bowls? That negates actually making it there. 8 AFC championships is something to be proud of.

Agreed. The idea that it's better to lose in the wildcard than the SB is a weird one.

Calling Brady a cheater because of deflategate? Really? Lol

i am a die hard niners fan, but lets be realistic here.. Brady and Belichick are quite the impressive duo..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Nope. Of course it sucked, but I was glad we weren't s**tty anymore. We were winning. I'm not afraid of the big game. Is Brady somehow tainted because he lost super bowls? That negates actually making it there. 8 AFC championships is something to be proud of.

Agreed. The idea that it's better to lose in the wildcard than the SB is an idiotic one.

Fify
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kazak13:
i am a die hard niners fan, but lets be realistic here.. Brady and Belichick are quite the impressive duo..

I hate hate hate Brady bunch. Can't stand them. Hope somehow Eagles f**k these motherf**kers.

But, unfortunately Brady and Belichick have already surpassed all their peers a while back. Doesn't taint or makes Joe's legacy less secured.

Agreed. Its the longevity itself which gives the advantage to them. Longevity in senior coaching positions and qb. Its so rare in pro sports. Usually long lasting coaches suffer through up and down periods but belicheck has coached winners all the way through. When was the last losing season hes had? I remember brady screaming at rookie wrs a few years back. But i think thats the last time. Hes done it with a break the bank qb on the payroll. Pretty weird.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Agreed. Its the longevity itself which gives the advantage to them. Longevity in senior coaching positions and qb. Its so rare in pro sports. Usually long lasting coaches suffer through up and down periods but belicheck has coached winners all the way through. When was the last losing season hes had? I remember brady screaming at rookie wrs a few years back. But i think thats the last time. Hes done it with a break the bank qb on the payroll. Pretty weird.

I'm finally okay with the whole Brady's accomplishments > Montana's accomplishments.

Aaaaaaas long as no one comes in here and says Young > Montana, we'll be fine. I can't stand that sh!te.
Share 49ersWebzone