LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 247 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we all agree that continuity along the O line is extremely important. No other unit relies on communication as much as these guys. The more they play together the more they learn each others moves so they eventually start playing as a unit instead of 5 or 6 individuals. It's really hard to do that when guys are always moving around filling holes because of injuries. With all the future HOF players on the Walsh teams it was easy to overlook the O line that played together for several years under the great Bobb Mckittrick. Can't have a great house without a really solid foundation.
Well, let's hope the added talent on the D-Line improves our O-Line per practicing against a higher level opponent.

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-mike-mcglinchey-squaring-off-133649437.html

Nick Bosa, Solomon Thomas, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead joining high-priced free agent signing Dee Ford. One player who has noticed all that talent is a guy lining up against them at Organized Team Activities." data-reactid="18" style="color: #26282a; font-family: "">The 49ers have poured plenty of resources into their defensive line, with first-round draft picks Nick Bosa, Solomon Thomas, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead joining high-priced free agent signing Dee Ford. One player who has noticed all that talent is a guy lining up against them at Organized Team Activities.
Mike McGlinchey says when he goes up against those guys in drills, it's clear to see how talented they are — more talented, McGlinchey says, than he is." data-reactid="19" style="color: #26282a; font-family: "">San Francisco offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey says when he goes up against those guys in drills, it's clear to see how talented they are — more talented, McGlinchey says, than he is.
they're better athletes than I am," McGlinchey said, via the Sacramento Bee. "It's not just a Wide 9 where they're sprinting up the field. They're setting the edge with physicality. So it's just a matter of playing with force and keeping your eyes where they need to be. It's definitely going to be a nice little challenge with the athletes that we have on the outside."" data-reactid="20" style="color: #26282a; font-family: "">"I'm not afraid to say they're better athletes than I am," McGlinchey said, via the Sacramento Bee. "It's not just a Wide 9 where they're sprinting up the field. They're setting the edge with physicality. So it's just a matter of playing with force and keeping your eyes where they need to be. It's definitely going to be a nice little challenge with the athletes that we have on the outside."
Bosa and Ford are the two biggest additions in San Francisco this offseason. The defensive line should be a lot better, as the 49ers will hope that they're not only impressive against their own offensive linemen.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Well, let's hope the added talent on the D-Line improves our O-Line per practicing against a higher level opponent.

Nick Bosa, Solomon Thomas, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead joining high-priced free agent signing Dee Ford. One player who has noticed all that talent is a guy lining up against them at Organized Team Activities." data-reactid="18" style="color: #26282a; font-family: "">The 49ers have poured plenty of resources into their defensive line, with first-round draft picks Nick Bosa, Solomon Thomas, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead joining high-priced free agent signing Dee Ford. One player who has noticed all that talent is a guy lining up against them at Organized Team Activities.
Mike McGlinchey says when he goes up against those guys in drills, it's clear to see how talented they are — more talented, McGlinchey says, than he is." data-reactid="19" style="color: #26282a; font-family: "">San Francisco offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey says when he goes up against those guys in drills, it's clear to see how talented they are — more talented, McGlinchey says, than he is.
they're better athletes than I am," McGlinchey said, via the Sacramento Bee. "It's not just a Wide 9 where they're sprinting up the field. They're setting the edge with physicality. So it's just a matter of playing with force and keeping your eyes where they need to be. It's definitely going to be a nice little challenge with the athletes that we have on the outside."" data-reactid="20" style="color: #26282a; font-family: "">"I'm not afraid to say they're better athletes than I am," McGlinchey said, via the Sacramento Bee. "It's not just a Wide 9 where they're sprinting up the field. They're setting the edge with physicality. So it's just a matter of playing with force and keeping your eyes where they need to be. It's definitely going to be a nice little challenge with the athletes that we have on the outside."
Bosa and Ford are the two biggest additions in San Francisco this offseason. The defensive line should be a lot better, as the 49ers will hope that they're not only impressive against their own offensive linemen.

Lol, dear lord let us make a late training camp trade to bring in at least one legit OL.
[ Edited by KamLeon on May 28, 2019 at 12:15 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think we all agree that continuity along the O line is extremely important. No other unit relies on communication as much as these guys. The more they play together the more they learn each others moves so they eventually start playing as a unit instead of 5 or 6 individuals. It's really hard to do that when guys are always moving around filling holes because of injuries. With all the future HOF players on the Walsh teams it was easy to overlook the O line that played together for several years under the great Bobb Mckittrick. Can't have a great house without a really solid foundation.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is probably one of the offensive grades that is legit. It's not too hard to grade a stunt like a sack or hit or pressure. It was certainly something I noticed last year. It'll be interesting to see how NE does without big TB too.
^^^yup, that is one of the things i will be watching also. Watching big Trent progress here , get a huge break going to BB, great Coaching, then his money yr...glad things worked out well for him. He is a good kid. Paying him $17 mil per tho was not in our interest...but glad he got it. Maybe what Gruden was doing was trying to get an anchor for the OL. Well, he got one. Just too expensive ...ok, way too expensive. Glad we didnt' do that. And he was my favorite player. Just not THAT favorite.

Cool thing about all that was that BB rented him for a yr, and then when money time came, wasnt interested. But it showed us how to pull a BB ...get a guy in his contract yr, who won't accept less with his home team, or wanted a longer contract...and offer him going rate for a yr. Then if he is great, and accepts a realistic contract fine. Otherwise , he just moves on down the road. In the meantime TRent did help them win the SB, and protected their FR QB. Win win across the board.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

Claim claim claim
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Claim claim claim

He missed his flight to ota's and missed a couple of meetings last year

Claim claim claim

Nah we good @ O-Line..
Let our payers cohezzzeee together

Originally posted by KamLeon:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Lol, dear lord let us make a late training camp trade to bring in at least one legit OL.

Ditto x 100000
Originally posted by DickNasty:

Claim claim claim

My biggest concern is still the OL

BUT this guy seems like a real flake like Anthony Davis.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DickNasty:

So what, your one injury away from putting a guard at tackle. Niners have zero tackle depth
I wanted draft Desmond Harrison. Didn't play too well last year, but we already knew he'd be a project. He's worth a flyer, but character concerns before the draft, and now being let go...could be a problem
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is probably one of the offensive grades that is legit. It's not too hard to grade a stunt like a sack or hit or pressure. It was certainly something I noticed last year. It'll be interesting to see how NE does without big TB too.

They will be fine, Bellicheat was a good center in college - even though he was undersized and under powered. He probably can coach the OLine with the best of them. Now if Bellicheat retires, *that's* when Patriot fans should panic. Having said that, a team without a TB12 isn't going to the super bowl every other year, that's for sure. No matter how good their OLine is.
Share 49ersWebzone