LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 153 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Yeah he could obviously swap with Laken who was a RG at Duke. Everybody talks about Nelson who is an absolute stud and a future all-pro but I think Isiah Wynn and Will Hernandez will be two outstanding NFL guards as well. Any other draft they are the top guards in the draft.

Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Isaiah Wynn
Austin Corbett
Braden Smith
Billy Price(G/C)
Frank Ragnow(G/C)
Tyrell Crosby(G/T)

Just a few that would fit well and could potentially start Week 1.

If they somehow wound up with Nelson, I think he's the best guard on the roster from Day 1.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:
He's not a rookie.

Not really a veteran either. If they draft a center at any point in this draft he's going to have a fight to just stay on the roster.

I believe in the kid, he was put in a position to fail last year when we were forced to start him at RT even though he was injured and he went out and competed. I get the feeling that holds a high value to the coaching staff.
Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Isaiah Wynn
Austin Corbett
Braden Smith
Billy Price(G/C)
Frank Ragnow(G/C)
Tyrell Crosby(G/T)

If they somehow wound up with Nelson, I think he's the best guard on the roster from Day 1.

All three bolded names would be IMO
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Isaiah Wynn
Austin Corbett
Braden Smith
Billy Price(G/C)
Frank Ragnow(G/C)
Tyrell Crosby(G/T)

I think we can get Hernandez with our second pick.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Agree to disagree there... Hernandez looks like a mid-20's to mid-30's pick. Our 2nd is like 57 (I think)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Agree to disagree there... Hernandez looks like a mid-20's to mid-30's pick. Our 2nd is like 57 (I think)

Yeah, he's stock will probably continue to rise. Probably, pie in the sky to think he'd make it to #57.

He'll be long gone before then. He's a big guard but nimble enough that Matt Miller and a few others feel he'd work well in Shanahan's scheme.

Hernandez would be a trade down option or trade up if they somehow acquired another 2nd rounder.
Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Isaiah Wynn
Austin Corbett
Braden Smith
Billy Price(G/C)
Frank Ragnow(G/C)
Tyrell Crosby(G/T)

I'll have what he's having . He has a 1st rd grade, Larry Allen minus the cat-like agility.
ESPN mocks, NFLN mocks, etc, are starting to show two things. Nelson at #1, and nelson still there at #9. Not that mocks mean anything, but he's going two different directions simultaneously (on paper only). Weird. Also shows why mocks don't mean piddly.
Who's our backup center?

Now it's Erik Magnuson.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
ESPN mocks, NFLN mocks, etc, are starting to show two things. Nelson at #1, and nelson still there at #9. Not that mocks mean anything, but he's going two different directions simultaneously (on paper only). Weird. Also shows why mocks don't mean piddly.

If the 49ers acquired Nelson, the left side to center would be an absolute wrecking crew with Staley, Nelson and Richburg. They could go zone, power, inside, outside, screens....etc.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Isaiah Wynn
Austin Corbett
Braden Smith
Billy Price(G/C)
Frank Ragnow(G/C)
Tyrell Crosby(G/T)

I'll have what he's having . He has a 1st rd grade, Larry Allen minus the cat-like agility.

Should know the grades on some of these guys. I haven't been following any of the mocks, so I'm kind of guessing where some of these guys are going to go.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Yeah he could obviously swap with Laken who was a RG at Duke. Everybody talks about Nelson who is an absolute stud and a future all-pro but I think Isiah Wynn and Will Hernandez will be two outstanding NFL guards as well. Any other draft they are the top guards in the draft.

Quenton Nelson
Will Hernandez
Isaiah Wynn
Austin Corbett
Braden Smith
Billy Price(G/C)
Frank Ragnow(G/C)
Tyrell Crosby(G/T)

Yeah, safe to say, the FA G market has dried up. Maybe a guy like Fusco or Barnes becomes available late like last year but it is what it is. We're going in with competition between Tomlinson, Beadles and Garnett.

Time to look to the draft...thanks for these.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

If the 49ers acquired Nelson, the left side to center would be an absolute wrecking crew with Staley, Nelson and Richburg. They could go zone, power, inside, outside, screens....etc.

Phoenix, would you trade up for Nelson? I sure the hell would think about it.

Not securing a quality G, I can't help but entertain the idea of trading up for him.
Share 49ersWebzone