LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 107 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by genus49:
How old are you?

As I said in the OTHER post about this stupid take, his playing nickname has nothing to do with his coaching.

Old enough to know who the man is from his life's work.

What were your favorite clutch moments from him as a QB?

Didn't you know, Faithful was the biggest Colts/Bears fans in the 80s and 90s. Even though he's in his 30s lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Looks like brendel wasn't bad. Gotta clean up the right side though, but curious what the splits were at RG with burford and feliciano . Seemed infinitely better when burford wasn't in there
How old are you?

As I said in the OTHER post about this stupid take, his playing nickname has nothing to do with his coaching.

Sure do love to ignore the actual questions being asked.
How old are you?

The question was how old are you and I answered
How old are you?

The question was how old are you and I answered

That's not an answer unless you list your age on documents as "old enough"

You making assumptions others haven't watched some PLAY and then using their nickname as a player to talk about him as a coach.

This is not a way to get people to take you seriously.

Looks like brendel wasn't bad. Gotta clean up the right side though, but curious what the splits were at RG with burford and feliciano . Seemed infinitely better when burford wasn't in there

I know Brendal isn't bad, but I still believe a real upgrade there would pay dividends across the entire offense. Burford was terrible imo. Kid hit a wall in his development.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I know Brendal isn't bad, but I still believe a real upgrade there would pay dividends across the entire offense. Burford was terrible imo. Kid hit a wall in his development.

He's decent...

Would really like an upgrade there. C makes LG/RG look good if you have an elite C.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

He's decent...

Would really like an upgrade there. C makes LG/RG look good if you have an elite C.
would rather upgrade at RG, instead of getting slightly better at C
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He's decent...

It wouldn't be slightly better. Brendel is an above average C at best.

He's decent...

I'm speaking on what can we actually do right now with what's avail. If we do replace Bren, it won't be a huge upgrade.

I would rather try to use that resource towards the right side.

He's decent...

I'm speaking on what can we actually do right now with what's avail. If we do replace Bren, it won't be a huge upgrade.

he's more than capable of playing G as well first year. there's little downside to drafting him (Powers that is)
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Apr 3, 2024 at 10:43 PM ]
Imagine the playsheet of Shanny with the stones of Harbaugh, that's why we need, Jyle Harbanahan

Now that I can agree with.

Although I also think you're misremembering Harbaugh's stones lol. I remember him being all too willing to kick FGs.

Kyle actually averages more 4th down attempts per season that Jim did but we'll see what he does with the Chargers. Obviously NFL has changed more in recent years where more teams go for it on 4th down.

It's about having clutch in the big moments, now if you were around, Harbs was known as Capt Clutch or was it Capt Comeback. Same difference. Shanny a bit more Capt Crunch, as we get crunched, in crunch time, hopefully he can improve there

lol I missed this post. You're trolling right?

Harbaugh wasn't called that as a HC, he was called that as a QB. I just don't know how to take you seriously with posts like this. Harbaugh's whole thing was we had a great OL and a dominant 2 TE set where we could run and pass very well from. We also had a dominant running QB who could throw it a mile. It was all working beautifully and then in the biggest game he had as a HC, vs a weaker roster coached by his big brother....we came out unprepared and outcoached big time. Got lucky to even get it close due to a freaking blackout after going down 28-6 early in the 3rd quarter and then literally in the biggest moment - 1st and goal at the 7 with under 3 minutes left to play and a chance to take the lead - we don't run it once with our best RB, throw it 3 straight times and Captain Comeback calls a timeout on a play which likely gets us that leading TD with under 2 minutes to play.

The only reason to want a combo of Kyle and Jim is because you get the offensive brilliance and the intensity to fire up the team and get the most out of them.

I'll be very curious to see how the Chargers draft and how much power Jim has over personnel because as a talent evaluator I'd be nervous as a Charger fan.

We saw Jim's personal knowledge of Stanford lead the 49ers to bring in Jonathan Martin...while dismissing guys like Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin.

He didn't want Sherman, but I remember him wanting Doug Baldwin. He went with Ronald Johnson instead, deferring to who his receiver coach wanted.
The middle of our offense must be solid. The C position must be strong along with the guard position and tackles (going inside out). There is going to be a huge investment next year with a lot of hope this year for that same investment. It is imperative that Purdy is protected because you definitely do not want to repeat the debacle that occurred in the NFCCG against the Eagles. The only other position that may be important to Purdy being more successful is getting one of these veteran WR's who is languishing with teams that are under facilitating their talents

He's decent...

he's more than capable of playing G as well first year. there's little downside to drafting him (Powers that is)

We may disagree on the Kyle OT call, but we agree here! I think upgrading RT or even RG is logical, but my gut says if that Center is there he is the wiser move. I expect JPJ to be long gone, but I've seen varying reviews on Frazier. Some think he needs time or isn't up to par, but others think he's 1b to JPJ and will be special.
Oddly enough I saw Baldy praising the centers and feels exactly as we do. Did you see his recent podcast with Kreug show? It showed up on my YT last night and Baldy said the 5 best o lines always have the 5 all pro/pro bowl caliber centers. After that its a gimme. Man speaks to my soul!
Facts from Schlereth

"When they're down, that's where they struggle and that's where their offensive line is not a dominant force. When you have to just sit up and pass protect, then they can be exposed and then they get in trouble."
Share 49ersWebzone