LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 193 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Doing god's work NC. Whether it's JG having to make quick passes because of pressure, getting balls tipped at the line because of pressure, getting hit and sacked because of pressure, or having to make Kittle block instead of being one of the eligibles, our interior OL is a big weakness that needs to be addressed.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Doing god's work NC. Whether it's JG having to make quick passes because of pressure, getting balls tipped at the line because of pressure, getting hit and sacked because of pressure, or having to make Kittle block instead of being one of the eligibles, our interior OL is a big weakness that needs to be addressed.

So true. My dick is sore and battered over this. Peat on the saints might be a decent option and starter? Not too pricey I hope.
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 19, 2020 at 3:54 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
15%???

Really? Interesting.

I don't see any picking IOL at 13 but a mass majority with 31 (where top C/G's go) or their next pick. But all fans recognize it as a huge need and if we had a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick, no doubt IOL would be in those mocks...every one. Most want to trade back at 31 just to be able to do that. Now I'm starting to see many more mocks with T at 13.

OL without a doubt, whether fan or 49er media has OL as a top need.

At absolute worst (b/c fans are obsessed with skill positions), 3rd on the top team needs.

And even then, use your own eyes. Here:
Look at the pass pro stats. Outside of Staley, the next best is middle of the pack to terrible.

You have to have some serious blinders on or a personal agenda to still be dismissing it IMHO...or Kyle Shanahan. Haha

The majority of fans see WR as the top need. Look around this forum. No one is arguing iol cant be improved.

If they dont take an iol in this draft class at some point jd be disapointed. It doesnt HAVE to be at 13 or 31 however. Take best player. Dont reach.

Still didnt cost us the SB. Doesnt mean it should be ignored. But I dont buy IOL is vastly more important then WR or CB.

That's OK. Yes, no doubt WR is the #1 choice for everyone. That's easy to see and I'm cool with that but that's in part, because we literally have no body there right now. And it's an excellent class and the top 3 are considered pretty special.

I also agree about CB too. That's pretty much everyone at this point in your order of choice: WR, OL, CB (that's my exact order). But I certainly would be elated with OL at 13 too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2020 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

So true. My dick is sore and battered over this. Peat on the saints?

I love you guys!

I just like that Jimmy guy...
It's picking up more stream. Remember, outside of Chris Simms, nobody picked Mike McGlinchey. This could be a sneaky brilliant move and perhaps, a reason the team hasn't cut Goodwin and was looking at Austin Hooper (less reliance on WR needed).

[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2020 at 4:48 PM ]
The majority of fans see WR as the top need. Look around this forum. No one is arguing iol cant be improved.

If they dont take an iol in this draft class at some point jd be disapointed. It doesnt HAVE to be at 13 or 31 however. Take best player. Dont reach.

Still didnt cost us the SB. Doesnt mean it should be ignored. But I dont buy IOL is vastly more important then WR or CB.

I figured you'd appreciate this one: guess what's #1 & #2

[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2020 at 4:42 PM ]
Brunskill played great at tackle, we should keep grooming him as staley's successor.
I figured you'd appreciate this one: guess what's #1 & #2

If that was interior OL and not OL it wouldn't be.

I like next years OT class just as much if not more. Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Sewell, Cosmi, Jackson. Bounce back from Walker too possibly. Gonna be a good one around to groom with even if it requires a move up.

I love you guys!

If that was interior OL and not OL it wouldn't be.

I like next years OT class just as much if not more. Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Sewell, Cosmi, Jackson. Bounce back from Walker too possibly. Gonna be a good one around to groom with even if it requires a move up.

Everyone knows it's the IOL that needs the help obviously.

I told you though (not 15%).

Now the new thing is thinking possible T at 13 to play G for a year until Staley retires esp. given Brunskill proved you can be a T and never take a snap at G and still do well because of he system: which requires: IQ, lighter frame, athleticism, ability to run and be very well conditioned, block on the move in space, quickly beat DL at the snap, etc.

Or G/C at 31 at the latest.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 20, 2020 at 4:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Maybe Kyle is finally starting to get it. Maybe.

Pass Blocking Efficiency Ranks:
Staley: 5 out of 57
Tomlinson: 41 out of 62
Richburg/Garland: 15/18 out of 29
Person: 52 out of 62
McGlinchey: 30 out of 57

Outside of Staley, this unit stinks at pass blocking. Shocker. I know.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 20, 2020 at 4:45 AM ]

I love you guys!

And we love you back! Once Jimmy wins us a Super Bowl, everything will be right in this world! I would be down with a Tackle playing right guard if we drafted him at 13. I really want Ruggs though
Originally posted by Heroism:

Maybe Kyle is finally starting to get it. Maybe.

Let's hope so. With his quick release Jimmy can do only so much, he has to have help from the interior. It has great value for quarterbacks like Brady Brees and Garoppolo. They're not the most mobile so this Has to be addressed this year
Let's hope so. With his quick release Jimmy can do only so much, he has to have help from the interior. It has great value for quarterbacks like Brady Brees and Garoppolo. They're not the most mobile so this Has to be addressed this year

Yeah, it's funny when the media was discussing where Brady would go and be a best fit and OL pass blocking efficiency along the IOL was a key decision metric. LOL

But here in SF...
Share 49ersWebzone