There are 225 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't know if anyone spotlighted him, but Staley was playing as a man possessed. One of the hardest I've ever seen him play. He wants this BADLY!

Yeah, he was kicking ass on run blocking, too.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
yeah I posted this in the SF vs GB thread

Outstanding. I want this so badly got him too.

Same, I was listening to him yesterday and I thought to myself SF needs to win this for Joe!

I know the guys want to win one for Joe, Jed's brother and the Yorks, Sherm, etc. Man, I hope it happens.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Outstanding. I want this so badly got him too.

Same, I was listening to him yesterday and I thought to myself SF needs to win this for Joe!

I know the guys want to win one for Joe, Jed's brother and the Yorks, Sherm, etc. Man, I hope it happens.

A Lombardi for Staley! I hope he plays for another 2+ years (if he can without any drop off) I know he's said he's not retiring, but man when you finally have that Lombardi and have all that millions in the bank, I'm betting it's a tough choice to continue to play or just relax and head into the sunset. But I'll take him at his word, that means instead of investing a 1st round draft pick on a left tackle in the 2020 draft, we can go elsewhere!
Just sit back and think about how in back to back years, 2 street guys on 1 year deals have immensely helped this team offensively. It's amazing. Person and Garland are awesome!
I don't know if anyone spotlighted him, but Staley was playing as a man possessed. One of the hardest I've ever seen him play. He wants this BADLY!

Last shot at getting a ring
Originally posted by NinerGM:
And none of the talking heads are talking about how our tackles are playing. Other than a couple of coverage sacks, Minnesota's D which is MUCH better than the Packs D was basically silenced when it came to the rush.

We know the oline never gets the credit it deserves. I think the Packers defense is on par with the Vikings except the interior d line. Vikings do have better linebackers. As far as pass rush the Smith Brothers are just as good if not better than the Vikes De's. And Alexandere is a better CB than anybody on the Vikings.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Just sit back and think about how in back to back years, 2 street guys on 1 year deals have immensely helped this team offensively. It's amazing. Person and Garland are awesome!

Excellent post!!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Yeah but also think about how clever JL/KS were to recognize talent and get it onto the team.
Glad our OL has been playing well! You add the emergence of Brunskill and Skule this season along with Garland. Staley continues to play at a high level the last few games so that sort of temper my concern of using a high pick on OL. Shon Coleman should also be back and suddenly the line doesn't seem like a major priority in the off season. Also hope practice players like Reynolds develop nicely and can compete for depth in the future along with picking players later to develop. I was one of the few who was calling to upgrade this unit last off season and I'm glad that this unit has finally found stability. Big kudos to our coaching staff. The first round pick can now be used for best available player or a trade down to accumulate a couple more picks. Looking now how this season at its tail end, I would like for us to trade down and get another CB and/or ER and of course OL later for us to develop.
Just the fact that you two are even having this conversation is proof they took a calculated risk...and it's costing them at the most crucial point in the season.

But at least they found someone to challenge Coleman next year.

Disagree. They had issues all over the place and fixed other things like WR/Edge/LBer with players that had a better chance at producing.

I'm taking Deebo over any OG drafted in the 2nd and honestly there wasn't much of anything at guard in the 3rd. Wasn't a good draft for OG. Just wasn't.

With the $ and draft capital we had, there's no law that says you only get 3 positions to improve upon...or four...or five. They took a gamble on AA...it worked out. They took a gamble on Ward...it worked out. They took a gamble on Ford...um. Bosa...it worked out. None of those or any other moves prohibited them from prioritizing the OL.

It was a calculated and conscious choice going with only Skule, Brunskill and Garland as depth AFTER seeing every one of their 5 starting OL get dinged up the previous year (and again this year, save for Tomlinson). The OZ eats through OL.

They survived it with Skule and Brunskill starting this year but had to scheme around it, clearly.

But now it's playoff time and they are totally screwed.

It was a poor move IMHO back then and now you're seeing why.

If Person can't go (questionable, like Zuerlein)...good luck. Hell, even if he can, he's injured; potentially why he gave up 5 QB hits and had a poor game last game. He has to play. There's, literally, nobody else and we're still two heavyweight games away from the playoffs.

They f**ked up.

You were saying?

Originally posted by SFrush:
Just the fact that you two are even having this conversation is proof they took a calculated risk...and it's costing them at the most crucial point in the season.

Disagree. They had issues all over the place and fixed other things like WR/Edge/LBer with players that had a better chance at producing.

I'm taking Deebo over any OG drafted in the 2nd and honestly there wasn't much of anything at guard in the 3rd. Wasn't a good draft for OG. Just wasn't.

With the $ and draft capital we had, there's no law that says you only get 3 positions to improve upon...or four...or five. They took a gamble on AA...it worked out. They took a gamble on Ward...it worked out. They took a gamble on Ford...um. Bosa...it worked out. None of those or any other moves prohibited them from prioritizing the OL.

It was a calculated and conscious choice going with only Skule, Brunskill and Garland as depth AFTER seeing every one of their 5 starting OL get dinged up the previous year (and again this year, save for Tomlinson). The OZ eats through OL.

They survived it with Skule and Brunskill starting this year but had to scheme around it, clearly.

If Person can't go (questionable, like Zuerlein)...good luck. Hell, even if he can, he's injured; potentially why he gave up 5 QB hits and had a poor game last game. He has to play. There's, literally, nobody else and we're still two heavyweight games away from the playoffs.

They f**ked up.

You were saying?

Lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SFrush:

They f**ked up.

You were saying?

Lol

• thl408
Don't know how they lost their starting center and it somehow improved their running game.
Line dominated today. KC aint ready.
Originally posted by thl408:
Don't know how they lost their starting center and it somehow improved their running game.

Garland's background with Shanny certainly helps.
Share 49ersWebzone