LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

Niners Salary Cap Situation after Patrick will retirement.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks for the info guys!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Let me make things perfectly clear about the cap room.

Currently we are $14M under, this is before knowing Torrey Smith's, Garrett Celek's, and Kyle Nelson's terms.

We will not have the cap room to sign AP and/or Revis.

We have to allocate roughly $5M for the draft class.

Only options for cap relief are Kap redo($7.724M saved), retirement of Cowboy(Under $4M saved), and cutting SJohnson($5.59M saved)

Also remember, Aldon is owed at a minimum of $2.889M for bonus payments that must be paid for in season. Plus he could earn an additional $2M.

I highly doubt we go after anymore big names, definitely not Revis and Peterson.

This means we'll probably be around $5M left after the Torrey Smith signing before any cuts/restructures. That said, we could outright save an additional $14M with the retirement of Justin, cut of Johnson and Brooks after June 1st. What FA will add more than Brooks and Johnson...factor to consider.
i really do not know what to make of the scenario out there that the niners could keep smith, put him on some list so he does not have to practice and then start l playing him halfway through the year? i love country but if that is the case,, maybe we are better off just letting him hang it up now and we can proceed. is a half a year with a rested albeit older country better than him not being on the team at all??? that is just a theory the media floated today and i really am not sure what i think about that? how about you NC
They should just extend Aldon now. Aldon will replace the salary of Willis and Borland can replace the salary of Aldon.
Still wanted cully or cox but there goes
What free agent CBS are left that will even benefit the niners? Dam. I think cully and cox are not coming back
Originally posted by cciowa:
i really do not know what to make of the scenario out there that the niners could keep smith, put him on some list so he does not have to practice and then start l playing him halfway through the year? i love country but if that is the case,, maybe we are better off just letting him hang it up now and we can proceed. is a half a year with a rested albeit older country better than him not being on the team at all??? that is just a theory the media floated today and i really am not sure what i think about that? how about you NC

Just means that we can retire him now, save the money and then give him a new contract Osgood - style if he wants to come back in a few weeks of being around his nagging wife. LOL
Revis to Jets

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 51s51 seconds ago
Darrelle Revis was asking teams for $40 million guaranteed. Jets' deal expected to top that. North of $40M guaranteed.

Lol now the jets will be good! What a waste of money. Patriots will just stomp them and so will the bills.
Originally posted by dwy621:
They should just extend Aldon now. Aldon will replace the salary of Willis and Borland can replace the salary of Aldon.

I'd be down with that only if there was a clause, no guaranteed money and if he's arrested again he has to pay back his signing bonus. Aldon, Bowman, brooks (maybe), lynch, Borland, wilhoite, docket, tank we still have serious talent up front.
Originally posted by beatintina49:

I'd be down with that only if there was a clause, no guaranteed money and if he's arrested again he has to pay back his signing bonus. Aldon, Bowman, brooks (maybe), lynch, Borland, wilhoite, docket, tank we still have serious talent up front.
There has to be G Money, these guys dont get paid every week..like we do..they are seasonal

He won't sign an extension IMO, he wants to first play this year, get paid almost $10M, then cash in next March.

He won't sign an extension IMO, he wants to first play this year, get paid almost $10M, then cash in next March.
is that what he told you ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

is that what he told you ?

no. verbs nephew did
  • Disp
  • Veteran
AB, is there a cap to how much money can carry over to the following year? How much do we save cutting Brooks after June 1 in cap space this year again?

Hoping we can get Stevie to restructure and keep him on the team, though we gotta give the youngsters in Patton and Ellington a shot at some point.
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 10, 2015 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
AB, is there a cap to how much money can carry over to the following year? How much do we save cutting Brooks after June 1 in cap space this year again?

Hoping we can get Stevie to restructure and keep him on the team, though we gotta give the youngsters in Patton and Ellington a shot at some point.

$4.7M for a June 1 cut for Brooks.

No limit to how much you can carryover, but teams have to be in complience with the minimum cash spending limit of 89.6% by the end of 2017, or else they have to write a check for the difference and give it to the players who were on the team from 2013-2017. I would guess it would be divided evenly over how ever many players were on the roster.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Been reported Stevie Johnson and Ahmad Brooks safe for now or else more cap we are after Reggie Bush

Doubt we're keeping Johnson. Why pay that much for a 3rd WR?
Share 49ersWebzone