There are 261 users in the forums

Best Goal Line Stand

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
that is a very well done video,, now my question is who is the world is the little goober who works for the niners in a suit coat, short guy with black hair a black goatee,,, he was on the sidelines in that game and he was also right in the middle of the infamous jh slap on the back moment in the lions game,,, he is always around,, pr guy? i have been curious about him for years

Yes, Bob Lange . . PR Guy

he is always in the middle of s**t,, i always wondered about him,,, wow,, this has been a very good educational experience for me tonight, got lots of questions answered,, . the guys in this thread tonight are at the top of their respective games
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Niners816:
actually i seem to recall a big game we had in the mooch days, when we held held a team on first and goal from the one,,, they then got a fresh set of downs and had a brand new first and goal from the one. if i recall someone knocked the ball loose and one of our linebackers ran 99 yards for the 7.... now that was a long time ago and i may have my facts all messed up but i really recall something like this??

I believe it was 2001 vs philly was the mooch era one. The second one was lee Woodall vs buffalo in 1995.

Yup. Good memory

The Woodall play always comes to my mind, but i thought that was 94 instead of 95.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Thanks, thl408, I can't wait to have Bowman back. Your post gives even greater insight into his accomplishments that play. Amazing football prowess.

Oh same here brotha same here.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Thanks, thl408, I can't wait to have Bowman back. Your post gives even greater insight into his accomplishments that play. Amazing football prowess.

A great and I'll even say historic play in 49er history for sure, but I have a hard time categorizing it as a goal line stand. It was 2nd and 1 from the 10.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
actually i seem to recall a big game we had in the mooch days, when we held held a team on first and goal from the one,,, they then got a fresh set of downs and had a brand new first and goal from the one. if i recall someone knocked the ball loose and one of our linebackers ran 99 yards for the 7.... now that was a long time ago and i may have my facts all messed up but i really recall something like this??

I think it was against the Bills, Lee Woodall on the return...maybe.

You're right it was Buffalo. Plummer with the hit and Woodall with the return. I can still see it like it was yesterday.

Gets better every time. I don't care if it was the Super Bowl or not.

Feel like crying . Well done video. Can't wait for bowman to come back
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

A great and I'll even say historic play in 49er history for sure, but I have a hard time categorizing it as a goal line stand. It was 2nd and 1 from the 10.

Yeah. I sorta wondered about that, but 2nd and 1 from the 10 gives the offense a lot more choices than 2nd and goal from the 1. More clutch, imo.
actually i seem to recall a big game we had in the mooch days, when we held held a team on first and goal from the one,,, they then got a fresh set of downs and had a brand new first and goal from the one. if i recall someone knocked the ball loose and one of our linebackers ran 99 yards for the 7.... Inow that was a long time ago and i may have my facts all messed up but i really recall something like this??

You're right it was Buffalo. Plummer with the hit and Woodall with the return. I can still see it like it was yesterday.

Good thing too, because every six months or so I look for it on YouTube but still can't find it.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 2, 2015 at 9:22 PM ]

@ 6:51

Good thing too, because every six months or so I look for it on YouTube but still can't find it.

I believe that's the one you're talking about.

This was one of my favorite plays and is a big reason for my user name lol. (Even though Plummer delivered the hit)

The goal line stand against Philly in 2001 was special as well. Most teams don't commit a penalty and STILL hold the offense out of the end zone when giving them that many cracks at it. That Eagles team went on to become pretty darn good, and that adds to the lore of that game imo.

Both are trumped by Dan Bunz, undoubtedly

@ 6:51

I believe that's the one you're talking about.

Thanks bro

After watching that video a few things come to mind: 1 First of all great video it was really fun to watch. 2. Whomever made the video could have added the extra. 1:50 necessary to include "The Pick at the Stick." 3. After looking at it closely I'm pretty sure that J.R. touchdown #127 and "The Catch 2" were on the same play. I've never noticed that before, pretty cool.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:08 PM ]
Not a goal line stand....but still a great moment.

I think of the Dan Bunz SB 16 stand against the Bengals, the 7 down stand against Philly in 2000 or 2001, the one against the Panthers in the 2013 playoffs, etc.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by FGore2121:
uhhhh..... 81 super bowl vs the bengals anyone? Dan Bunz?

That's what I was thinking

Right. There's really no better goal-line stand than that one. That Bengals team was one of the league's best rushing teams. They had a 260 lb back and a huge group of run-blocking maulers on the line for cryin' out loud. They had a first down inside the 5 yard line. It was a no-brainer. Every Niner fan in the big room I was in just KNEW the Bengals were going to score a TD.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by FGore2121:
uhhhh..... 81 super bowl vs the bengals anyone? Dan Bunz?

That's what I was thinking

Right. There's really no better goal-line stand than that one. That Bengals team was one of the league's best rushing teams. They had a 260 lb back and a huge group of run-blocking maulers on the line for cryin' out loud. They had a first down inside the 5 yard line. It was a no-brainer. Every Niner fan in the big room I was in just KNEW the Bengals were going to score a TD.

the people i was with in a trailer park were high on pot and did not know s**t. we were a bunch of 20 year olds with fu manchu mustaches and driving trans ams, dodge chargers and camaro's.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the 1981 Super Bowl Goal Line stand has to be to best of all.. .it's in the Super Bowl!!
Share 49ersWebzone