There are 270 users in the forums

Free Agents: Who will leave and who will stay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Gore on a 1 yr deal please.

See ya Crabs!

Cox and Cully back please.

You know Cox wants to be back - he was one of the players who showed up at the Tomsula introduction.
Originally posted by English:
Could be wrong but I have a sneaky feeling Iupati wants to stay.

Aren't we supposed to be getting back to smash mouth football again? I think Iupati stays.
Originally posted by crake49:
Gore on a 1 yr deal please.

See ya Crabs!

Cox and Cully back please.

You know Cox wants to be back - he was one of the players who showed up at the Tomsula introduction.

he was great for us down the stretch. Great 3rd option on nickle plays/spot starter. I read on Bleacher R that we should give him 3yrs/10 mill.
Lupati and Gire can stay; let the rest go...they suck
  • dj43

he does want to stay. The fact of the matter is that he will warrant a big increase in pay. Even though our whole line had a bad year.

He will almost certainly "test the waters" and will find them cold. It has been two years since he was in the Pro Bowl based on actual performance. Teams do a pretty good job scouting other teams. I don't think Iupati is going to find the mother lode. I think he stays but for a much lower number than his agent wants.
  • dj43
I don't think there is any amount of money that would convince Crabtree to stay. He hated the offense and his lack of targets. He will find a spot in a passing offense where he can use his skills well. He is still a quality receiver but he was always second choice here.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Based on the OL hires, i feel like a zone blocking scheme is incoming and Iupati is the worst fit out of current OL personnel for that system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another starter on a different team when all is said and done. This line may have three of last years starters back. There's too much money wrapped up in 1.5 second average pass blocking!

I don't care. Just give me a decent line. I don't care who stays or what it costs.

I've heard that's often the case after a line.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Geeked:

Based on the OL hires, i feel like a zone blocking scheme is incoming and Iupati is the worst fit out of current OL personnel for that system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another starter on a different team when all is said and done. This line may have three of last years starters back. There's too much money wrapped up in 1.5 second average pass blocking!

I don't care. Just give me a decent line. I don't care who stays or what it costs.

I've heard that's often the case after a line.

O.
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Aren't we supposed to be getting back to smash mouth football again? I think Iupati stays.

If smash mouth means constantly running into a loaded box on first down, I'll pass.

I want to see balanced, intelligent offense, not this "we're gonna be physical with a capital F" nonsense.
I'd love to see Iupati stay but I don't think we can afford him. Crabtree's gotta go. Skuta probably stays, Culliver goes, Cox stays. I'd give Gore 2 years but I really want Hyde to take over the reigns. Maybe I just don't want to see Frank play for another team...

frank gore will be a seahawk. I'm serious, that will probably happen
and what about Boone? He's on next year for 1.5 mill right?

Who knows....the rest fit the ZBS ranging from decently to greatly.

I would trade Boone to a team like the Giants for a 3rd. Let Marcus Martin take his spot

Disagree.

He sucked when he came back BUT Boone was playing better as the season progressed.

He's be the best fill-in Tackle we can get and proved it on more than one occasion. The other back-up Martin sucked and I'm sure he's gone.

If he goes and we have OLine injuries even close to last year - it's over before it starts.

I hope you're right. We need to keep this line together. Iupati is a talent and we dont know how Brandon Thomas will turn out. Plus, who knows how Boone will turn out? I dont trust him.
I think we're going to see most of the FA's walk. When you have a disappointing season, there's usually not a great effort to retain most of them. Roster needs a minor/moderate shake-up.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think we're going to see most of the FA's walk. When you have a disappointing season, there's usually not a great effort to retain most of them. Roster needs a minor/moderate shake-up.

I'm hoping that many of the defensive FAs will stay after Tomsula makes his pitch. Gore may as well. I'm hoping they do not resign Crabtree, Culliver or Iupati as the money can be better spent elsewhere. Wish Iupati could pass block better...but if they conclude he can't then time to move on.

They have so many guys who sat out last year losing a few FAs won't really hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone