LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 390 users in the forums

Regarding Jed York & the 49ers now, with whom do you more associate Jed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Regarding Jed York & the 49ers now, with whom do you more associate Jed?

Neither - he's his own man
I've seldom been invested with owners of sports teams. About the closest I came was Franklin Mueli...and he was a nut! LOL! He brought a championship to the Warriors, was part owner of the 49ers and Giants at one time...a bay area giant! Jed is as good as any of them...better than some.
Not surprised by results NCommand. He is closer to his parents IMO. He fired a winning HC because of some beef, which is stupid IMO. Until he shows he is actually committed to winning, then I put him with his parents.
Jed York is a Hack, hes proved it over and over. Hes as weak an owner as we have seen in a long time. Dont forget weve had 3 winning seasons in the past 15years. Hes a joke
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Jed York is a Hack, hes proved it over and over. Hes as weak an owner as we have seen in a long time. Dont forget weve had 3 winning seasons in the past 15years. Hes a joke

Do you even know who Jed York is?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Time to accept that we have s**tty owners.

The new stadium sucks, grass sucks, and we ditched a winning teaching coach to replace him with a winning teaching classier coach...IE...a yes man.

Imagine if Eddie threw a tantrum and fired walsh after his first three seasons.....

I fear we just did that.

You are correct.
Trying to instill a SB winning culture. Maybe he should hire Carmen Policy so he doesn't fire a winning coach again.
Comparing Eddie D's management to Jed York's is interesting.

President/HC: Bill Walsh--Age 48 when hired, San Jose State, if you don't know about him...root for another team! LOL!
VP/General Council: Carmen Policy--Age 40, Georgetown Law, names among the best lawyers in America at a fairly young age, joined niners at 40.
VP/GM: John McVay--age 50 (approx), when hired by the niners, Miami University, formerly VP of NYG, coached various levels for 28 years, administration for previous 8 years.

President: Paraag Marathe--Age 37, BA Berkeley, MBA Stanford. Management Consultant before joining niners.
GM: Trent Baalke--Age 49 (?) Bemidji State Colege Minnesota, came up through the scouting ranks in the NFL.

The Owners:

• When Eddie D took over the team he was a joke among owners...a young punk kid whose dad bought him a toy. He was in his mid thirties at this time.

• Jed York took over the team from his dad at age 28. He is being called a young punk kid whose dad gave him control of the team.

The current list of people working for the niners is fairly long but can be found at the teams Web Site.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 11, 2015 at 12:29 AM ]
Can anyone remember what Paul Allen (Seahawks owner) looks like or his GM for that matter. How about Art Rooney Jr. top man for the Steelers. This new breed of owner wants to be the face of the franchise. How many game plans has Jed schemed, has he ever got his bell rung, has he ever played a down? How many GM's are in the HOF? Winning and losing comes down to the Head Coach. The owner who thinks he is the difference maker between winning and losing should check Jerry Jones' record the last 20 years. Look up the resumes of Lombardi, Noll, Shula, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson to name a few, they all started out with nothing and later won Championships. It's easy to change coaches but it's even harder to find a winner.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Comparing Eddie D's management to Jed York's is interesting.

President/HC: Bill Walsh--Age 48 when hired, San Jose State, if you don't know about him...root for another team! LOL!
VP/General Council: Carmen Policy--Age 40, Georgetown Law, names among the best lawyers in America at a fairly young age, joined niners at 40.
VP/GM: John McVay--age 50 (approx), when hired by the niners, Miami University, formerly VP of NYG, coached various levels for 28 years, administration for previous 8 years.

President: Paraag Marathe--Age 37, BA Berkeley, MBA Stanford. Management Consultant before joining niners.
GM: Trent Baalke--Age 49 (?) Bemidji State Colege Minnesota, came up through the scouting ranks in the NFL.

The Owners:

• When Eddie D took over the team he was a joke among owners...a young punk kid whose dad bought him a toy. He was in his mid thirties at this time.

• Jed York took over the team from his dad at age 28. He is being called a young punk kid whose dad gave him control of the team.

The current list of people working for the niners is fairly long but can be found at the teams Web Site.

AB, sorry to disagree but there is nothing that I associate Jed with the "Yorks."

When you think of the Yorks you think of 3 things:
1) An ownership who inherited a team they never wanted
2) An ownership that knew nothing about football nor have a passion for
3) An ownership who tried to run it like a business (ironically, how Eddie D. did at first too) and ended up with the label "cheap."

When I think of Jed:
1) A young man who grew up (literally) the biggest fan, around and within the greatest Franchise ever and who WANTS the team. Like Eddie, this is his passion.
2) An owner who does know about football and has been consulting with Eddie on using his gut/instincts (like he did) regarding making tough football decisions. We ALL see the same issues as he did going back to the Superbowl and offensive trends from day 1.
3) An owner who gives his team everything including the best work out and diet facilities and pays his new college-HC and assistants the highest in the league. There is nothing cheap about him. He recently up'd Fangio and Donatell as well.

In the end, Jed's grade is incomplete for me but I see him WAY more tied to Eddie than the York-media/fan label. There are only a handful of things the owner can directly effect while managing a team but thus far, he's accomplished more as an NFL owner by the age of 35 than 75% of the owners to date (new stadium, Superbowl bid, acquiring a top 5 GM, ability to hire the top coaches at the time they are hot, paying his assistants the highest in the NFL, etc.).

Keep in mind that Jed is taking the heat and responsibility for firing Harbaugh and essentially, getting rid of the entire offensive staff (that should tell you the "philosophical differences" right there), but it was a group decision. Keep in mind that many owners have canned "winning coaches" like Jimmie Johnson (personal/power reasons), Marty Schottenheimer (poor playoff record), Harbaugh (green college HC who's college offense became figured out in the NFL and unable to adapt), etc. Hell, I'm sure there are many more including in our own team history (i.e. Steve Mariucci). And let's not all forget how many times Eddie D. wanted to fire THE greatest and most influential coach of all time AFTER he revolutionalized the offensive game and was a proven Superbowl winner.

Now, let me ask you all one honest question: Do you believe we would have been a playoff team next year under HaRoman. And the next...for 4-5 more years?

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Can anyone remember what Paul Allen (Seahawks owner) looks like or his GM for that matter. How about Art Rooney Jr. top man for the Steelers. This new breed of owner wants to be the face of the franchise. How many game plans has Jed schemed, has he ever got his bell rung, has he ever played a down? How many GM's are in the HOF? Winning and losing comes down to the Head Coach. The owner who thinks he is the difference maker between winning and losing should check Jerry Jones' record the last 20 years. Look up the resumes of Lombardi, Noll, Shula, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson to name a few, they all started out with nothing and later won Championships. It's easy to change coaches but it's even harder to find a winner.

I'm assuming with this comment, you are talking about "past winning." Accumulation of wins and not what you think HaRoman would have done for this team next year and beyond, right?
I associate Jed with the spoiled rich kid from American Horror Story.... Someone please post a picture of that kid
Originally posted by NorCal49er:
I associate Jed with the spoiled rich kid from American Horror Story.... Someone please post a picture of that kid

LOL. That's kind of funny!

You know Eddie D. came from the exact same background right?
Originally posted by NCommand:
AB, sorry to disagree but there is nothing that I associate Jed with the "Yorks."

3) An ownership who tried to run it like a business (ironically, how Eddie D. did at first too) and ended up with the label "cheap."

When I think of Jed:
1) A young man who grew up (literally) the biggest fan, around and within the greatest Franchise ever and who WANTS the team. Like Eddie, this is his passion.
2) An owner who does know about football and has been consulting with Eddie on using his gut/instincts (like he did) regarding making tough football decisions. We ALL see the same issues as he did going back to the Superbowl and offensive trends from day 1.
3) An owner who gives his team everything including the best work out and diet facilities and pays his new college-HC and assistants the highest in the league. There is nothing cheap about him. He recently up'd Fangio and Donatell as well.

In the end, Jed's grade is incomplete for me but I see him WAY more tied to Eddie than the York-media/fan label. There are only a handful of things the owner can directly effect while managing a team but thus far, he's accomplished more as an NFL owner by the age of 35 than 75% of the owners to date (new stadium, Superbowl bid, acquiring a top 5 GM, ability to hire the top coaches at the time they are hot, paying his assistants the highest in the NFL, etc.).

Keep in mind that Jed is taking the heat and responsibility for firing Harbaugh and essentially, getting rid of the entire offensive staff (that should tell you the "philosophical differences" right there), but it was a group decision. Keep in mind that many owners have canned "winning coaches" like Jimmie Johnson (personal/power reasons), Marty Schottenheimer (poor playoff record), Harbaugh (green college HC who's college offense became figured out in the NFL and unable to adapt), etc. Hell, I'm sure there are many more including in our own team history (i.e. Steve Mariucci). And let's not all forget how many times Eddie D. wanted to fire THE greatest and most influential coach of all time AFTER he revolutionalized the offensive game and was a proven Superbowl winner.

Now, let me ask you all one honest question: Do you believe we would have been a playoff team next year under HaRoman. And the next...for 4-5 more years?

THIS! All this. I created this poll to see what people thought about Jed York right now - how he's viewed and whom he's viewed as being associated with right now (his uncle or his parents) in running this team. What NCommand says here I couldn't have said better myself. And yes, Jed's grade should be "incomplete" as of now...but I have full trust and faith in him wanting this to be a continuously winning franchise, his passion for it, and that he (along with others in the FO...Baalke, Paraag, etc.) will do the proper diligence and bring in the right HC and other coaches to help take this team to the next level - winning a SB. Simple as that to me as a fan of the team for 37 years.
Originally posted by NCommand:

When I think of Jed:

The bolded is the question that the Jed critics must ask themselves. They probably already have, and in all likelihood the answer conflicts with their crusade.
Share 49ersWebzone