LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 270 users in the forums

Regarding Jed York & the 49ers now, with whom do you more associate Jed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Regarding Jed York & the 49ers now, with whom do you more associate Jed?

"Associate" here means in a football/49ers sense and not on a personal level (as we know John and Denise are his parents). We're seeing a lot of back-and-forth in NT regarding Jed after this tough past season and Harbaugh leaving...pro-Jed (which I am), anti-Jed...I'm curious to see the results of this poll.
lulz instill SB winning culture

starts with firing a winning coach and leaking info to the press

LULZ
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ned is nothing but a puppet for John York. Just a new front man while poppa John pulls the strings.
Both? I think he genuinely wants to win Superbowls and bring back the winning culture, but I also think he is incompetent and incapable of doing so.
Neither at the moment. He's his own man. Clearly not as inept as Mom and Dad, but hasn't come close to maintaining organizational structure like Eddie D did. He's half-way there, I think we got the right GM in place. I also thought we had the right HC in place, and it's a big failure in my view that relationship couldn't be salvaged. We'll see what happens going forward.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM ]
honestly, i dont know. we'll find out a lot more in this next calendar year.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Neither at the moment. He's his own man. Clearly not as inept as Mom and Dad, but hasn't come close to maintaining organizational structure like Eddie D did. He's half-way there, I think we got the right GM in place. I also thought we had the right HC in place, and it's a big failure in my view that relationship couldn't be salvaged. We'll see what happens going forward.

Right, and the Eddie D. mention in this poll is just to give a choice re: the perception of Jed and the team's direction along with his association going way back with Eddie D. when Jed was little. Yet not, of course, trying to compare Jed to Eddie D. and the winning and organizational structure he brought as there's no comparison at this early stage in Jed's career - hopefully there will be some day, though.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Jan 9, 2015 at 6:11 PM ]
I associate Jed with a port-a-potty. As in he's a necessity at the stadium, yet full of _____.

[ Edited by theninermaniac on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:11 PM ]
Really surprised on the results so far. Reading the articles about him Eddie D. is who he consults with, not his dad. Sounds like a fan base that got sucked in by local and national media reports that shifted from Harbaugh hate to Jed the second Harbaugh left.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Really surprised on the results so far. Reading the articles about him Eddie D. is who he consults with, not his dad. Sounds like a fan base that got sucked in by local and national media reports that shifted from Harbaugh hate to Jed the second Harbaugh left.
Yea man and I'm about sick of it. Can't we at least be 49er fans?

Jed has been the best thing that happened to this 9er era
He is in no way like his uncle. First of all Eddie was a rich guy from Ohio who took a risk on buying a losing team in northern california and with in a couple of years he was holding a lombardi trophy then another and another and so on. He made smart moves and ran the organization with class (something jed claims to do) Jed on the other hand is a silver spoon kid who did nothing but have the team handed to him cause his parents were bored of it or tired of running it. He made a good move in getting Haurbaugh then he managed to screw that all up. He got the team a new stadium but at the expense of destroying 60 + years of football in San Francisco. Jed is just like his parents hes not football smart the only reason people gave him a pass at first is cause they were blinded by the teams recent success which was ALL HAURBAGH. Eddie D team of the decade in the 80's and 20 years of excellence and 5 Lombardi trophies. The York family year after year of losing seasons and stupid football decisions which at the moment has us with no head coach a ton of question marks and a stadium full of mistakes and a horrible location. It's easy to tell who Jed is more like.
Originally posted by Raul98:
He is in no way like his uncle. First of all Eddie was a rich guy from Ohio who took a risk on buying a losing team in northern california and with in a couple of years he was holding a lombardi trophy then another and another and so on. He made smart moves and ran the organization with class (something jed claims to do) Jed on the other hand is a silver spoon kid who did nothing but have the team handed to him cause his parents were bored of it or tired of running it. He made a good move in getting Haurbaugh then he managed to screw that all up. He got the team a new stadium but at the expense of destroying 60 + years of football in San Francisco. Jed is just like his parents hes not football smart the only reason people gave him a pass at first is cause they were blinded by the teams recent success which was ALL HAURBAGH. Eddie D team of the decade in the 80's and 20 years of excellence and 5 Lombardi trophies. The York family year after year of losing seasons and stupid football decisions which at the moment has us with no head coach a ton of question marks and a stadium full of mistakes and a horrible location. It's easy to tell who Jed is more like.

Lol, actually it's a great location...and Jed took over the team. If you didn't notice on offense...jh was screwing us over. You want a guy that was sabotaging our offense ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lol, actually it's a great location...and Jed took over the team. If you didn't notice on offense...jh was screwing us over. You want a guy that was sabotaging our offense ?

Also Eddie D. inherited the business from Sr.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ya it's a great location tell that to the San Francisco natives who loved having the team in our city to now have to travel over a hour to get there. It's a proven fact levis stadium is the farthest stadium from it's city even the Giants/Jets are closer to NYC than levis stadium to SF. And JIm was not sabotaging the offense that's ridiculous Jim is to competitive to do something like that. What he is, is stubborn and not able to adapt to the changing NFL is what his problem was.
Share 49ersWebzone