There are 296 users in the forums

Do you believe in Kap can be the franchise QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe in Kap can be the franchise QB?

Where's the "I'll wait to see how he does with a new coach before calling it one way or another" option?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by deviledEgg:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
I really wanted him to be but it obvious Harbaugh is not the qb genius we think he is

What type of stuff does he whisper in his ear anyhow? Maybe it's merely just drool!!

LOL

Sweet nothings...
Nah. Coaching staff has nothing to do with the fact that he's not a good decision maker, has no touch on his passes, and can't use his legs to escape pressure. Dude is trash and the Raiders are going to get Harbaugh who will turn Carr into a MVP caliber QB while we're going to be stuck with a guy who is more into posing naked and looking cool than he is into actually working on his deficiencies and taking the next step at QB. We shouldn't have paid him, he's complacent. Either we need to bring in competition to push him or ship him off somewhere where 2nd place is accepted.
Absolutely not. He doesn't miss wide open receivers because of coaching. He's a running quarterback that doesn't know when to run with a big arm that he doesn't understand how to use. 5 yard slants don't need to be thrown at 60 mph. If harbaugh does leave which looks almost certain I hope kaepernick follows him right out the door and let's it hit him on the way out.
I really wanted him to be but it obvious Harbaugh is not the qb genius we think he is

This. People want to credit him for Alex Smith's turn around but if you look at the end of the 2010 season, Smith was already on an upward trajectory as a QB. He fit this system well, especially when teams were still confused about all the motioning and shifting but I think he could have done well with any halfway decent coach and system by that point and he's proving it in KC. More and more Harbaugh seems like one of those guys who played the game well but it doesn't transfer to their ability to coach. He's a great motivational guy, a great uniter and will improve any number of bad teams as their head coach but his offensive mindset is no less regressive than that of Singletary's. It's the same stuck in the 80s mentality which will win you games, even a lot of them but still leaves your team lacking when it most counts.

For the love of God, no more former Chicago Bears players as coaches please.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 7, 2014 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. People want to credit him for Alex Smith's turn around but if you look at the end of the 2010 season, Smith was already on an upward trajectory as a QB. He fit this system well, especially when teams were still confused about all the motioning and shifting but I think he could have done well with any halfway decent coach and system by that point and he's proving it in KC. More and more Harbaugh seems like one of those guys who played the game well but it doesn't transfer to their ability to coach. He's a great motivational guy, a great uniter and will improve any number of bad teams as their head coach but his offensive mindset is no less regressive than that of Singletary's. It's the same stuck in the 80s mentality which will win you games, even a lot of them but still leaves your team lacking when it most counts.

i'd take sean payton. scab qb for the bears in 1987

ungrateful ass fan base. He didn't make Kap throw a pick to end last season, he didn't blow a holding call in the superbowl, and he didn't fumble the ball on a punt return. Maybe he's not a QB genius but he sure makes them better than they were before he got there. Josh Johnson, Alex Smith, and Andrew Luck can attest to that. Every QB he's worked with has gotten better other than Kap, I believe that makes Kap the exception rather than the rule.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Meh, even Payton out of one really good season with the Katrina Bowl hasn't been all that. He's a very good coach but not an upper echelon kind of guy. I would prefer his offensive approach but having Brees also happens to cover up a lot of weaknesses.
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
ungrateful ass fan base. He didn't make Kap throw a pick to end last season, he didn't blow a holding call in the superbowl, and he didn't fumble the ball on a punt return. Maybe he's not a QB genius but he sure makes them better than they were before he got there. Josh Johnson, Alex Smith, and Andrew Luck can attest to that. Every QB he's worked with has gotten better other than Kap, I believe that makes Kap the exception rather than the rule.

Andrew Luck was a stud prospect, one of the very best in the nation, he would have been a stud QB with Hostler as his QB coach and offensive coordinator. Trying to credit Harbaugh for Luck is like trying to credit Phil Fulmer for Peyton Manning.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Meh, even Payton out of one really good season with the Katrina Bowl hasn't been all that. He's a very good coach but not an upper echelon kind of guy. I would prefer his offensive approach but having Brees also happens to cover up a lot of weaknesses.

i like his creative offensive play calls and his guts to make big calls. he doesnt play p***y ball. also like that he has no problem running up the score. being up 10-0 under harb and running the clock out in the 2nd Q cost us some games and made a lot of others stressful

Andrew Luck was a stud prospect, one of the very best in the nation, he would have been a stud QB with Hostler as his QB coach and offensive coordinator. Trying to credit Harbaugh for Luck is like trying to credit Phil Fulmer for Peyton Manning.

Matt Barkley was a stud prospect who was compared to Montana and Brady. Luck probably would've been a stud with or without Harbaugh but all we know is that he did have Harbaugh and he turned out to be the best QB to come out of college since Peyton Manning.
Matt Barkley was a stud prospect who was compared to Montana and Brady. Luck probably would've been a stud with or without Harbaugh but all we know is that he did have Harbaugh and he turned out to be the best QB to come out of college since Peyton Manning.

Matt Barkley was overrated as hell being from USC, never had the sort of natural tools that Luck has to ultimately be in his class as a QB.

Harbaugh or not, Luck would still be one of the best QB's in the NFL. Beyond that, Kaepernick was Harbaugh's hand picked guy and he hasn't really panned out and has even appeared to be regressing.
Harbaugh is a top10 coach. Gro is a good OC. they just really screwed up with Kap and are too proud to admit it and have no other options. Baalke needs to step in, get a QB and dump kap.

the stanford O was fantastic and its not that roman and jim got dumb. its painfully obvious (unless you dont want to admit it) that kap cant run that system as he lacks football smarts so they keep getign simmpler and simpler
Nah. Coaching staff has nothing to do with the fact that he's not a good decision maker, has no touch on his passes, and can't use his legs to escape pressure. Dude is trash and the Raiders are going to get Harbaugh who will turn Carr into a MVP caliber QB while we're going to be stuck with a guy who is more into posing naked and looking cool than he is into actually working on his deficiencies and taking the next step at QB. We shouldn't have paid him, he's complacent. Either we need to bring in competition to push him or ship him off somewhere where 2nd place is accepted.

Agree completely

whose phil fulmer?
Share 49ersWebzone