LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 143 users in the forums

Kap's progress

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Kap's progress??? What is he two years old? This guy is not a young QB. He's going to be 28 by the start of next season. He should be in his prime.

I do think the 49ers need to look at drafting a QB in the earlier rounds of this years upcoming draft. Whether or not Kaep can figure it out this team needs to press forward with an alternative that isn't some terrible scrub.
Well, at the very least I think we need to replace Gabbert. So I would be very happy to see a quality QB being developed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Well, at the very least I think we need to replace Gabbert. So I would be very happy to see a quality QB being developed.

agree,, competition makes everyone better, or at least that is the theory. ck has had no one to push him to get better. not to mention we have been lucky that he has not gotten hurt because we truly would be in bad shape , worse that what we are now, had he went down. i have zero confidence in other backup on our roster
Originally posted by cciowa:

agree,, competition makes everyone better, or at least that is the theory. ck has had no one to push him to get better. not to mention we have been lucky that he has not gotten hurt because we truly would be in bad shape , worse that what we are now, had he went down. i have zero confidence in other backup on our roster

How do you guys know Gabbert isn't doing well as we speak? I mean I'm sure he's made some kind of progress with Harbaugh. Look at Colt Mccoy he's throwing for 300+ yards now.
Originally posted by verb1der:

How do you guys know Gabbert isn't doing well as we speak? I mean I'm sure he's made some kind of progress with Harbaugh. Look at Colt Mccoy he's throwing for 300+ yards now.

I think he 2ould be out there if he was. And I believe his contract runs out 2015. You starting the Gabbert Groupies?
  • dj43

Yes. Yes. Yes. After all, Harbaugh is The Great Quarterback Whisperer. Gabbert should be worth at least a 2nd round draft pick in a trade by now. That is what Harbaugh has done in the past. He is the Billy Ball of football.
We don't even know if harbaugh will be here next year...
Originally posted by dj43:

Yes. Yes. Yes. After all, Harbaugh is The Great Quarterback Whisperer. Gabbert should be worth at least a 2nd round draft pick in a trade by now. That is what Harbaugh has done in the past. He is the Billy Ball of football.

Gabbert actually looked pretty good the little time he played this season.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Gabbert actually looked pretty good the little time he played this season.

Honestly if we get eliminated from the playoffs, I'd like to see Gabbs start a game or two. If the offense is so broken that Kap is totally ineffective, then let's allow Gabbert to get reps being ineffective too. It would be nice to know if there is any hope for him going into the draft.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
When I watch him this season he reminds me of grade school when you had to pee real bad and you raised your hand but the teacher doesn't acknowledge you.

Sure you just want to bolt to the bathroom but your afraid the teacher will yell at you. It looks like all he wants to do is run but stops himself because he didn't find an open receiver and doesnt want the coaches or media coming down on him for being a running QB.

progress? havent seen it. been more like kap's regress.
What progress?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
What progress?

There has been some, but not nearly enough at this point. Still has the same weaknesses the scouting reports had on him coming in to the draft. Not all his fault, the O line has regressed and there have been some drops. However he has been the main culprit in 3 of our losses, Chicago, Seattle and the Rams ( goal line fumble ). The kid needed more time to develop. Harbaugh screwed the pooch. He jumped the gun. He had a seasoned QB playing at a very high level and replaced him with an exciting shiny new toy. The problem is CK was far from fully developed. Kap, the team, and we fans are paying the price for Harbaugh;s over zealous gaffe. We will beat teams like the Raiders but will struggle against good defenses.
Boone to Right Tackle and Looney to Right Guard.....When Davis comes back slide him into Right Guard spot! Looney can back up both guard spots! Martin is just not getting it done and Boone is an excellent tackle! Iupati and Davis would be a great set of guards to run behind!! Davis has a little trouble sliding to his right at times and would be a much better guard! Give Kaep the protection! Kaep needs to be in the gun a little more until and if can develope into an under center QB! More quick slants!
[ Edited by BillyWalshJr on Dec 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM ]
I think he 2ould be out there if he was. And I believe his contract runs out 2015. You starting the Gabbert Groupies?

Lol, if we lose this Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone