There are 275 users in the forums

Who deserves the most blame for this weak offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who deserves the most blame for this weak offense?

It's a combo. I blame Kap for not progressing over the last two years. I blame the coaching staff for horrible game plans, almost every week it seems like they think Kap is some great passer.....

Just horrible.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I blame the guy who basically gave Seattle 7 points for throwing it directly to a player on the other team. We don't give them 7 on a silver platter, this game is much closer.

The (almost horrific) punt that lead to us fumbling should've been punted over again (illegal man down field). Ironically, Collinsworth was all over that and showed the replay. Quite frankly, I didn't think he was as annoying (going against us) as usual... I (somewhat) heard him defend us a few times.
Defense, ala Lynch's sack, stopped them though didn't they?
(Honest question not being facetious)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I blame Celek and Cleveland Wallace
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Kaep for not making plays, for not getting first downs, for not throwing to open receivers, for not being a leader, for making bad decisions, for throwing towards Richard Sherman, for all of his under throws, overthrows, throws behind his receivers, for not going through his progressions, for locking in to one receiver and staring him down, for not scrambling more

But Roman deserves more blame. Blame for not playing to Kaep's strengths, for not calling more read-option plays, for not sticking to the run game, for not getting VD involved, for the vanilla schemes, for not getting creative in his alignments, for not having an identity, for not having a go-to play, for not having the ability to make changes to the game plan mid game, for getting shut out in the second half of games all season, for only scoring 2 TDs all year in the 4th quarter, for not exploiting mismatches, for not being able to adjust to the opponents game plan, and generally, for not scoring enough points.

And don't get me started on Baalke. The biggest singular setback to this team was the 2012 draft class. The best player we gained from that entire debacle was Tony Jerod-Eddie, and he was a UFA. He whiffed on that entire class, and it has bitten us in the ......

I am with you on everything you talked about that i put into BOLD. Yeah the 2012 draft sucked, but as far as talent, we have moved on. There is so much talent on offense, I can't fathom how we struggle to get a first down? Roman DOES have the smart guy syndrome, where he out-thinks himself and we fail because of it. Our only Superbowl loss is proof of that. 1st and goal from the 6... and NOTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! Roman does NOT attack a defenses weakness, he does NOT make the correct adjustments during halftime, he does NOT cater his playcalling to his player's strengths, nor does he take advantage of mismatches.

Having said that, Jim Harbaugh is the HEAD COACH, and as former President Harry S Truman stated "The Buck Stops HERE"

JH needs to: (1) update his offensive philosophy, this PREVENT OFFENSE is crap. Get a lead and then sit on it? Not in today's NFL, you need to go for the kill and leave NO DOUBT, so that the refs can not affect the outcome of the game. (2) fire: Roman, Mangini, Solari, Morton and Seely, and (3) find an OC who can UTILIZE THE TALENT OF THE PLAYERS HE HAS ON THE ROSTER! (4) Learn how to make the proper adjustments at halftime.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
I blame the guy who basically gave Seattle 7 points for throwing it directly to a player on the other team. We don't give them 7 on a silver platter, this game is much closer.

The (almost horrific) punt that lead to us fumbling should've been punted over again (illegal man down field). Ironically, Collinsworth was all over that and showed the replay. Quite frankly, I didn't think he was as annoying (going against us) as usual... I (somewhat) heard him defend us a few times.
Defense, ala Lynch's sack, stopped them though didn't they?
(Honest question not being facetious)

Yeah, I think so (Lynch is boss)... on the other hand, the fumble stopped us from (potentially) scoring... a field goal perhaps
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I say Harbaugh. We hired him as the offensive head coach and as a QB guru. These are Jed Yorks words! Jim was supposed to know offense and QBs. The buck stops with him. Jim has turned around our whole franchise and we have won the second most games in the NFL second only to NE (easy division) but this offense that he is supposed to be know for has not evolved to the point of being productive after 3 going on 4 seasons. I can say Kap I can say Roman but Jim picked them both. This offense is on Jim. He has to make it right

+1
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
I am with you on everything you talked about that i put into BOLD. Yeah the 2012 draft sucked, but as far as talent, we have moved on. There is so much talent on offense, I can't fathom how we struggle to get a first down? Roman DOES have the smart guy syndrome, where he out-thinks himself and we fail because of it. Our only Superbowl loss is proof of that. 1st and goal from the 6... and NOTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! Roman does NOT attack a defenses weakness, he does NOT make the correct adjustments during halftime, he does NOT cater his playcalling to his player's strengths, nor does he take advantage of mismatches.

Having said that, Jim Harbaugh is the HEAD COACH, and as former President Harry S Truman stated "The Buck Stops HERE"

JH needs to: (1) update his offensive philosophy, this PREVENT OFFENSE is crap. Get a lead and then sit on it? Not in today's NFL, you need to go for the kill and leave NO DOUBT, so that the refs can not affect the outcome of the game. (2) fire: Roman, Mangini, Solari, Morton and Seely, and (3) find an OC who can UTILIZE THE TALENT OF THE PLAYERS HE HAS ON THE ROSTER! (4) Learn how to make the proper adjustments at halftime.

AMEN!
Originally posted by 190836:
How about all of the above?

The answer is "D" All of teh above.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I would've preferred the prediciton from (a poster in here)... the score 5-4 (1 FG and 3 safeties) with us winning
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Need. Better. QB. Play.

Kaepernick doesn't have an NFL pocket game. He slides by on run threat and physicality, gunning into tight or double coverage. Hell. Just read my last 40 posts. RAC? Not happening. Redzone game? Not happening. Field vision/progressions? Not happening. Accuracy? Not happening. Forget his, yours or my ego. I'm not saying "dump him". I'm saying the man needs to work with Whitfield and or whoever, constantly, all week every week. And now in the offseason. It's just done. Season toast. Turn it in. Flushed.

PLEASE Kap. Work...no..WORK ON YOUR POCKET GAME IN THE OFFSEASON.

• Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:
It's a combo. I blame Kap for not progressing over the last two years. I blame the coaching staff for horrible game plans, almost every week it seems like they think Kap is some great passer.....

Just horrible.

"they think Kap is some great passer"

???

Ya, that was expectation. And that's what half the people on this site think. That Kap is a great passer. And HaRomans pass design and play calling is holding him back./

Derp./
Originally posted by Phil:
Need. Better. QB. Play.

Kaepernick doesn't have an NFL pocket game. He slides by on run threat and physicality, gunning into tight or double coverage. Hell. Just read my last 40 posts. RAC? Not happening. Redzone game? Not happening. Field vision/progressions? Not happening. Accuracy? Not happening. Forget his, yours or my ego. I'm not saying "dump him". I'm saying the man needs to work with Whitfield and or whoever, constantly, all week every week. And now in the offseason. It's just done. Season toast. Turn it in. Flushed.

I agree.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
3 games one player.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:

Just horrible.

"they think Kap is some great passer"

???

Ya, that was expectation. And that's what half the people on this site think. That Kap is a great passer. And HaRomans pass design and play calling is holding him back./

Derp./

It's interesting Chris Collinsworth said Roman told Kap not to try and be a gunslinger take what they give you up the middle and Kap forced stupid or bad throws to Sherman on the outside that turned the game around.That to me didn't sound like Roman did not have a good game plan.
[ Edited by 9er2k on Nov 28, 2014 at 12:25 AM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Need. Better. QB. Play.

I agree.

Thank you. I swear, it's like pulling teeth.
Share 49ersWebzone