There are 282 users in the forums

Who deserves the most blame for this weak offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who deserves the most blame for this weak offense?

Simple question.
OC by a landslide.
Kaepernick...can't read defenses, only looks for bombs downfield, lacks the mental acumen to run complex plays.
  • Veteran
How about all of the above?
Originally posted by 190836:

Question is the most blame

All definitely have a part in the putrid offense we are watching this season.
the more I think about it, the more I think it starts and ends with Harbs

Peyton was like 'hmm should I go with Elway or should I go with Harbs'...not a tough choice
Kap is not a real NFL QB. He can't do anything NFL QB's do. But he has a strong arm and fast legs so people get enamored by him. Things like reading defense, going through progressions and making accurate throws and being able to play in the pocket are what makes an NFL QB.
Originally posted by trogdor:

It's difficult to say. Harbaugh is probably the only guy who knows for sure.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by 190836:

I understand the question chief. Who care s which one deserves the blame when they all suck equally. But if you insist, I'll say Kap. Dude was useless tonight.
Harbaugh. His team, no excuse. Yes Kap played awful today. But he's played better this season and the offense has still sucked. It's easy to blame Roman, who I do think is incompetent, but it is still Harbs who has high authority. He approves plays, he gameplans, he approves and sets the schemes, and he approves of Kap and Roman. It's his team, his fault.
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Nov 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM ]

we cannot run or pass. we cannot do anything on offense. if we could run the ball but couldnt pass i would put the blame on kap
if we could pass the ball but couldn't run id' blame the backs

if we can't do both against teams that are vulnerable to those things that is the coordinator.

every team we play knows what's coming and when it's coming and they react accordingly

how can you run an offense when the other team knows what you're going to do and what you're not going to do before you do it?
Here's the problem. When you play Seattle D, I don't care if you're Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Luck, you are automatically a game manager. Because their defense is that good. Kap is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game manager. Greg Roman's offense is so predictable, Sherman knew where the passes were gonna go before the WR!?!??!?!?!?! Harbaugh is responsible because he's stubborn to stick with something that clearly isn't working. How can you have a offense with no screens? SMH.
Kap is just not progressing like I expected him to. His game from the pocket is just weak. Also our wr's not named Boldin are a joke. No speed whatsoever. Contrary to what im reading in here, the wrs were NOT getting open. Zero separation. The 49ers got more production from penalty yardage than receiving yards.

Also, where was the sense of urgency late in the game? Needing two scores with 7 min left the 49ers are still using the entire play clock and still trying to kick field goals.

Im done with this train wreck of a season. Until they find a way to make teams pay for loading the box and pressing the line of scrimmage they're going to lose and lose bad. Not one single player on this offense even remotely scares defenses let alone Seattle's defense. Not 1!!!
coaching, first and foremost.

roman/harbaugh are coaches, obviously
kap is harbaugh's draft pick and hand-picked by him over incumbent qb

we shouldnt be doing as badly as we're doing with this offense, its stacked with talent. the chiefs who have far worse offense in all aspects besides RB and RT (and this year, better TE) won their game against seattle, and looked much better.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Kaep and Roman
Share 49ersWebzone