LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

WEEK 16 Pointspread / 9ers by 3 over SD!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I just want to know who should we cheer for in the Seattle Arizona game?

At this point Zona, unless you really think they will drop 5 straight. They pretty much have the division locked up baring a monumental collapse. We need the NFC division winners to keep winning and increase our standings for the wildcard.
Like I said in another thread...

Well, with Philly losing, I'm pretty sure it's official: We no longer need help to make the playoffs. We truly control our own destiny. In other words, if the 49ers win out, they are GUARANTEED a playoff spot.

Here's how it unfolds:

If the 49ers win out, it implies that they have beaten Seattle twice, which would give the Seahawks at least 6 losses.

Moreover, because Dallas and Philly need to play each other twice, that necessarily implies that one of those teams will have at least 4 losses (since they are both 7-3 at the moment). And recall, we hold the tiebreaker over both of them. Thus, if the 49ers and Dallas/Philly finish with 4 losses a piece, we get in!

LET'S FU*KING WIN THE REST OF THESE GAMES!
  • vaden
  • Veteran

Seattle is a shell of its former self and has 3 extremely tough road games. They'll finish 10-6 at best and we're probably going to need 11 wins to get in anyway.
[ Edited by vaden on Nov 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM ]
just keep winning, everything else will take care of itself
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
At this point Zona, unless you really think they will drop 5 straight. They pretty much have the division locked up baring a monumental collapse. We need the NFC division winners to keep winning and increase our standings for the wildcard.

That's what I was thinking. While it's usually great to see the top dog get knocked down a peg, in this case, it may be better to get SeaChickens out of the picture ASAP
do you guys have any idea how hard it is to "win out"? it's almost impossible.
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

This.... We are not catching Zona for the division title so we would have to shoot for a wild card game.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
It's nuts to give up on the division. Look at Arizona's schedule, they could easily finish 11-5 or even 10-6.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Why make playoffs?.. Our offense is going to screw us in the end anyway.

LOL

Even with average offense, the D can carry us...
I think the play that may have sunk our season though is the QB sneak against the rams

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
do you guys have any idea how hard it is to "win out"? it's almost impossible.

Did you watch us last year? I think the defense is where it needs to be. The offense needs to work some stuff out. We get a lot of home games, doormats, and light travel to make it happen. It won't be easy....but "almost impossible"? I think not.
We are already in playoffs. They start next week vs. Washington.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
It's nuts to give up on the division. Look at Arizona's schedule, they could easily finish 11-5 or even 10-6.

Agreed.

All of a sudden Falcons are on top of that sorry division and are feeling themselves... might shock the Cards ass right after a tough (maybe loss) one against Cawks. That's two games in a row right there.

Then Chiefs and @ Rams... they had the bye week early in week 4 and they have been surviving those injuries. Man, they're on a roll, but I keep thinking it's gonna end soon (wishful thinking maybe).

Finishing with Cawks and us... that's daunting.
I think there's still a shot at the division. We should hope Arizona loses to Seattle. The Niners need to take care of Seattle to have a shot at the playoffs since we play them twice.

In other words, hope Seattle beats Arizona and then we take care of Seattle later.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
We are already in playoffs. They start next week vs. Washington.

This!
Share 49ersWebzone