There are 213 users in the forums

Excellent Bethea Article

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2264873-why-antoine-bethea-is-san-francisco-49ers-first-half-mvp?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-francisco-49ers

They list him as the Niners 1st half of season MVP.

According to the article, he has NOT committed a penalty so far this season. WOW!!!!!!!!!
Kaep is the MVP according to our poll, Bethea comes in second place.

/thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2264873-why-antoine-bethea-is-san-francisco-49ers-first-half-mvp?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-francisco-49ers

According to the article, he has NOT committed a penalty so far this season. WOW!!!!!!!!!

we knew that what was what he was going to do when he came to us. that is why i was very puzzled by those who said it was a downgrade from whats his face
Good read, he makes valid points in why Bethea should be our 1st half MVP. The 0 penalties so far is amazing! Whitner would have at least 4-5 costing us 15 yards a penalty
Originally posted by verb1der:
Kaep is the MVP according to our poll, Bethea comes in second place.

/thread

Absolutely a tough call - Probably Kap by a slim margin.

What I really appreciated about the article is including Kap and others in the discussion.

Thanks for your input.
Originally posted by cciowa:

we knew that what was what he was going to do when he came to us. that is why i was very puzzled by those who said it was a downgrade from whats his face

Include me being puzzled.

I guess because he wasn't a tremendous hitting force like Donte people assumed there's be a fall off in performance.

IMO, performance has significantly improved.

AND as much as I'm happy to have Bathea our STELLAR defensive front 7 also deserves some credit for the pressure they apply
Originally posted by braap49er:
Good read, he makes valid points in why Bethea should be our 1st half MVP. The 0 penalties so far is amazing! Whitner would have at least 4-5 costing us 15 yards a penalty

This.

That figure really stood out to me also.

This.

I'd take Bethea over Whitner, but in defense of Whitner he played well last season. Bethea plays his game quietly, he's always in the right place and doesn't make many mistakes. And, he can bring the wood.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

This.

I'd take Bethea over Whitner, but in defense of Whitner he played well last season. Bethea plays his game quietly, he's always in the right place and doesn't make many mistakes. And, he can bring the wood.

Agree.

He hits w/authority.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Not only is Bethea doing fantastic, but the rest of that rebuilt secondary is doing great too. That's awesome defensive coaching there.

• thl408
In the mid season MVP thread I had Kap as MVP, then Justin, then Bethea. I gave third place to Bethea over Willis because of the splash plays. So I understand everything Bethea brings and have raved about his game on many occasions. Still, this Dline without Justin suffers greatly. I think it's the splash plays that have this author giving the nod to Bethea over Justin as the author stated: "we opted for an asset who produces in more tangible ways on the field."

Justin is the anchor up front and this front7, that was missing Aldon, Bow, and Dorsey, is saved by having Justin. Still a nice article though. Bethea's smarts are off the charts.
reading it...
liking what I see
i agree... but its hard to knock on J. Smith
Bethea is a baller. I wish we had this guy his whole career. I think we took Marcus Hudson over him back in '06 lol..

Seriously, I thought the Goldson/Whitner combo was awesome and hard to top, but Reid/Bethea is leaps and bounds better IMO. Just so much more technically sound in the pass and run game.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Bethea is a baller. I wish we had this guy his whole career. I think we took Marcus Hudson over him back in '06 lol..

Seriously, I thought the Goldson/Whitner combo was awesome and hard to top, but Reid/Bethea is leaps and bounds better IMO. Just so much more technically sound in the pass and run game.

Dude are you serious!? We went to an NFC championship game and Superbowl with Goldson/Whitner partly because WRs were scared to death of going across the middle.

You're judging way too quickly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Dude are you serious!? We went to an NFC championship game and Superbowl with Goldson/Whitner partly because WRs were scared to death of going across the middle.

You're judging way too quickly.

they also cost us countless amounts of yardage due to stupid penalties. without those two and with our injuries we still have a find secondary and we do not miss those two at all. wow, you may be the only one who feels the jury is still out on bethea,
Share 49ersWebzone