LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 280 users in the forums

St. Louis Rams week 9 coaches film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, everyone except crabtree was open.

If he steps up and looks left its an easy TD for lloyd.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
I agree that forcing it to Crab there is the wrong decision. I'm not convinced that he was the primary read or that it was the coach's decision vs. Kap's decision.

Can't tell from the gif, but it looks like Kap is reading left to right and chucked it up to Crab after scanning the field. Not sure what he saw that made him think it was the correct throw. Certainly a possibility that he was mechanically following instructions from the coaches ("look left to hold the safety, then hit Crab in the corner"). If that's the case, he didn't actually read anything, as the safety was not fooled...

Yeah, it's a bit hard to tell but it looks like he's looking forward to fake the handoff to Hyde and then chucked it up there at 2 seconds (which means he probably already had his mind made up)...right or wrong...primary or not...pre-snap/pre-huddle or not. Who knows. But given how often we call this shot here, I'm leaning more towards the play call and I'm praying CK isn't this incompetent. Pray with me! B/c if he IS...well...

Horrible read by Kap. It was cover 2 so tryin to look a safety off was idiotic. He had a great pocket to step into and had Gore wide open or could have ran up and to the right and followed Gore. He could have also pumped to Vernon and had the bottom receiver wide open for the TD.

He literally threw it to the worst possible target. SMH
Originally posted by Joecool:

On a separate note.

It seems like half the sacks involve Iupati completely vacating his zone, or whiffing on his man.
Not only does he not help Martin on this play, but he actually knocks him down, while completely overextending himself. While he is doing this marvelous work, his vacated area is being attacked by three defenders.

I am astounded at how poor his football instincts are. We would be better served with a 300 lb blocking sled in his place.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 7, 2014 at 3:08 AM ]
Originally posted by gbniner:
What I don't get is why we didn't just kick the field goal to tie the game

Because we didn't give the ball to a running back for ball control, instead we wanted to "fool" them with a quarterback sneak, which has never been Kaps strong suit.
What I don't get is why we didn't just kick the field goal to tie the game

Eh it was third down. Go for the win.

We went for the win with the throw to crabtree. It didn't work, should have kicked the field goal as time expired

You wanted them to settle for the field goal on third down from the one with a time out to burn? Can you imagine the criticism they would receive if they did that? The coaching staff called what they considered to be a safe play. Turns out, it wasn't. Hindsight is 20/20, but I would ALWAYS want my team going for the win in that situation. Even with a third-string QB in the game.

Edit: Not comparing Kap to a third-string QB. I was trying to say that we are a run-oriented team and that we should be able to safely gamble on converting 3rd and 1 in any situation.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Nov 7, 2014 at 8:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I agree that forcing it to Crab there is the wrong decision. I'm not convinced that he was the primary read or that it was the coach's decision vs. Kap's decision.

Can't tell from the gif, but it looks like Kap is reading left to right and chucked it up to Crab after scanning the field. Not sure what he saw that made him think it was the correct throw. Certainly a possibility that he was mechanically following instructions from the coaches ("look left to hold the safety, then hit Crab in the corner"). If that's the case, he didn't actually read anything, as the safety was not fooled...

Yeah, it's a bit hard to tell but it looks like he's looking forward to fake the handoff to Hyde and then chucked it up there at 2 seconds (which means he probably already had his mind made up)...right or wrong...primary or not...pre-snap/pre-huddle or not. Who knows. But given how often we call this shot here, I'm leaning more towards the play call and I'm praying CK isn't this incompetent. Pray with me! B/c if he IS...well...

Horrible read by Kap. It was cover 2 so tryin to look a safety off was idiotic. He had a great pocket to step into and had Gore wide open or could have ran up and to the right and followed Gore. He could have also pumped to Vernon and had the bottom receiver wide open for the TD.

He literally threw it to the worst possible target. SMH

Assuming this is on CK, this would be accurate for sure. VD or Hyde, by far, are the best options here.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, everyone except crabtree was open.

nah Boldin wasn't.

Maybe once we get rid of Crabtree we'll win a superbowl and make big plays in big games since Kap wont lock onto him.
Share 49ersWebzone