LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 212 users in the forums

Offensive Line Shake up?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A couple moves need to be taken right now. 1st I would bench staley, man this guy is terrible! Move Boone to left tackle and move iupati to rg, boone's spot. Keep the rookie in at center I know he can't play any worse then he did today, but this was his first game starting in the NFL. At left guard I would put Joe Looney in at left guard. Well this is the best we got, Man we need some new lineman.
We need a shakeup really bad. Nobody playing very good right now
I agree, Staley needs to be sent a message. He was been hot garbage out there, just awful. He has regressed like I never imagined. Cut this bum tomorrow morning.
It would be great if we could shake up the OL but honestly we don't have anybody any better sitting on the bench. Joe Staley has been one of, if not the best LT in the league for several years. Boone hasn't played well at RG so moving him to LT makes zero sense. I wouldn't mind seeing Looney play RG or if Martin doesn't get it together really fast then maybe C. The harsh reality, we're stuck with what we got. I for one am not convinced it's the players, coaching, the OL coach and Roman need to shoulder at least some of this blame. We need to establish the run 1st and then start throwing the football and maintain a balanced approach, all these changes to the offense has hurt the OL IMO.
Firing solari like we should done 5 years ago is a good start
Has this coaching staff ever made a personnel move for piss poor play? If the entire line is getting blown up, that maybe, just maybe, the sign of a deeper issue. Some coaches would have benched someone like Boone after two games to send a messege to the team. What message are we sending the team now given this has been a consistent issue since day 1?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Has this coaching staff ever made a personnel move for piss poor play? If the entire line is getting blown up, that maybe, just maybe, the sign of a deeper issue. Some coaches would have benched someone like Boone after two games to send a messege to the team. What message are we sending the team now given this has been a consistent issue since day 1?

stubborn

doesn't matter if the s**t doesn't work doesn't matter if a change will work the offensive message continues to be we're going to attempt to do something that probably isn't the smartest thing we're going to continue to not do what would probably give us a win because we want to be the smartest person in the room and we want to win how we want to win not how we could easily win.

can't even be frustrated anymore at this point. jim harbaugh must love losing like this and must love doing the same thing over and having the same result and must love being able to look at multiple people who wouldn't have a job without him and be thanked by them though they are ruining his chance of achieving a super bowl win.
Not to call anybody out but Boone and Upati have been playing like Sh**t
[ Edited by sanjo49er on Nov 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM ]
It seems like Boone holding out has had this domino effect on the rest of the line. They were playing well together, but then Anthony Davis got injured and then we didn't resign Jonathan Goodwin. There has been a lot of turnover. Boone has looked like crap since he ended his holdout.
The best OL we had is out for the year. Kilgore will be missed and I hope he gets his job back next year.

Start with firing Solari. Iupati can go after this year, Boone trade after this year unless can't get more than a 3rd/4th which is what we woudl get in a comp pick. Honestly, like I have been saying it won't happen but wouldn't mind reshuffling the line something like Boone LT, Iupati RG, Martin C, Davis RG, Staley RT. Or Staley, Iupati, Martin, Davis, Boone. Just not sure could do that during the season would take time to gel. It's more of an offseason thing but really 14ish sacks in 2 games can it get worse.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Start with firing Solari. Iupati can go after this year, Boone trade after this year unless can't get more than a 3rd/4th which is what we woudl get in a comp pick. Honestly, like I have been saying it won't happen but wouldn't mind reshuffling the line something like Boone LT, Iupati RG, Martin C, Davis RG, Staley RT. Or Staley, Iupati, Martin, Davis, Boone. Just not sure could do that during the season would take time to gel. It's more of an offseason thing but really 14ish sacks in 2 games can it get worse.

Good strategy!
Boone needs to be benched. man he is just slow, plan pathetic. Iupati is sure laying a goose egg out there too. But Solari needs to go since he's the head especially when they show Coach T barking at the o-line
@JohnMiddlekauff 29m29 minutes ago
"Penalties, dumb blocks, dumb techniques and dumb schemes. We played like sh't" - Joe Staley postgame, Shot at the Off coaches?

It's the coaching people! Young, very good players don't just fall off a cliff, Roman can't figure out what scheme he wants to run, his mind is boggled given all our offensive weapons right now & he can't compute. The answer is the team needs to go back to power run offense, once the run is established, use a little spread formation but 3 WRs, utilize the backup receivers by having them sub in for each other etc.
Originally posted by matt49er:
@JohnMiddlekauff 29m29 minutes ago
"Penalties, dumb blocks, dumb techniques and dumb schemes. We played like sh't" - Joe Staley postgame, Shot at the Off coaches?

It's the coaching people! Young, very good players don't just fall off a cliff, Roman can't figure out what scheme he wants to run, his mind is boggled given all our offensive weapons right now & he can't compute. The answer is the team needs to go back to power run offense, once the run is established, use a little spread formation but 3 WRs, utilize the backup receivers by having them sub in for each other etc.

Wow. I actually have some extra respect for Staley on this one...that's pretty telling esp. given the game he had as well! We were running well with Miller out in front leading the way against the 31st ranked defense against the run and then abandon it...again. No wonder Fischer was so excited to play us today! We played right into the only hand they had!
Share 49ersWebzone