LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

Time to choose...one or the other(s). Somebody has to go.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Is the WZ seriously this dumb? You want to fire Harbaugh? Harbaugh is the best thing that happened to this team in 10 years.

~ Aldon Smith out because of his own dumb self.
~ Willis out injury.
~ Bowman out injury.
~ Center out for the year injury.
~ QB struggling and regressed in some ways.

What do you want Harbaugh to do?

I don't want to lose Harbaugh but I will say this, the first 4 points are moot as our defense isn't the problem so that leaves us with your last point which was....QB is struggling and has regressed in some ways. And I completely agree. I think Kaps pocket game limits this offense and even makes the o-lines job harder but the o line is playing like crap on their own on many plays. And the offensive philosophy isn't meshing with Kaps limited pocket game. It's a perfect storm of fail with Kap being one key component to this offensive failure. One of 3 components, all of which have nothing to do with injuries on defense.
[ Edited by Phil on Nov 3, 2014 at 12:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Phil:
Is the WZ seriously this dumb? You want to fire Harbaugh? Harbaugh is the best thing that happened to this team in 10 years.

~ Willis out injury.
~ Bowman out injury.

I don't want to lose Harbaugh but I will say this, the first 4 points are moot as our defense isn't the problem so that leaves us with your last point which was....QB is struggling and has regressed in some ways. And I completely agree. I think Kaps pocket game limits this offense and even makes the o-lines job harder but the o line is playing like crap on their own on many plays. And the offensive philosophy isn't meshing with Kaps limited pocket game. It's a perfect storm of fail with Kap being one key component to this offensive failure. One of 3 components, all of which have nothing to do with injuries on defense.

Kap doesn't make the olines job harder but at times his scrambling ability can cover up mistakes. He has shown time and again if he gets even adequate protection he can make things happen. The offensive line was absolutely atrocious today, they where giving up imediate pressure consistently in the first half especially. I wasn't a fan of the play calling but when it comes down to it the Oline is payed big bucks to block the guy in front of them and they struggled mightiliy at that today.
Seasons not really done guys . Worry about making changes if/when it is , or when we are mathematically eliminated.

Look,

Foles out for a while
Cowboys lost a few straight and who knows if romo is healthy again near term
Chargers got whooped by Miami
Even Denver got whopped
Raiders hanging in till end vs Seattle
Ppl thought Brady was done after the KC game
Seahawks aren't as indomitable at home
Big Ben just shat on the nfl in two weeks

Point of all that is , the league is uber weird right now and every team has problems and , except for a few teams , moments of brilliance .

Arizona ...haha..can't believe the 7-1 thing , but they too will have some WTF games . Just watch

Kinda wish Kap , or someone , would be like "just relax " a la Aaron Rodgers
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Nov 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM ]
I can't believe how many have turned on Harbaugh so fast. The problem isn't him, it's Roman, The O-Line, Kap isn't playing up to par, and the run game sucks.

Fangio and Tomsula aren't the answer as HC. We probably lose Harbs to Michigan anyway at end of season, since Brady Hoke is a goner from U of M.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I can't believe how many have turned on Harbaugh so fast. The problem isn't him, it's Roman, The O-Line, Kap isn't playing up to par, and the run game sucks.

Fangio and Tomsula aren't the answer as HC. We probably lose Harbs to Michigan anyway at end of season, since Brady Hoke is a goner from U of M.

Yeah getting rid of Harbaugh would be foolish. Roman/Kap has to establish a pocket passer threat then will the offense be what they were supposed to be.the online non sense is a bailout argument for Kap
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Yeah getting rid of Harbaugh would be foolish. Roman/Kap has to establish a pocket passer threat then will the offense be what they were supposed to be.the online non sense is a bailout argument for Kap

Roman couldn't develop that with Smith, who is much better than Colin in the pocket. Hell, I'm willing to be Roman wouldn't be able to develop that with Peyton (mostly because Manning would tell him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine).

Roman's strength is in play design, especially in the running game (like the 3rd down play where Boldin, Gore and Ellington were in the backfield, that was a great play call and design). He's downright dreadful at anything that resembles a passing attack.
[ Edited by linkboy on Nov 3, 2014 at 2:02 AM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:

~ Willis out injury.
~ Bowman out injury.

Kap doesn't make the olines job harder but at times his scrambling ability can cover up mistakes. He has shown time and again if he gets even adequate protection he can make things happen. The offensive line was absolutely atrocious today, they where giving up imediate pressure consistently in the first half especially. I wasn't a fan of the play calling but when it comes down to it the Oline is payed big bucks to block the guy in front of them and they struggled mightiliy at that today.

The o line played bad but they didn't make Kap throw so many off target balls or fumble and lose the game. And you said they played especially bad in the first half, well, that's when we scored all our points! Again, Kap/Roman can't lead this offense to the endzone in the second half of a game and like the Bears game Kaps turnovers cost us the game. Although the Rams game wasn't as bad as the Bears game. Kaepernick has more issues outside of the o-line. Issues which have had a big hand in this offense not being a good offense.
It's been three years and Kap is still looking for Crabtree. When does the coaching staff see that this guy does not separate. What's becoming apparent, to me at least, is that this team does not make the big play when it has to. The QB is the one making 100 million so it starts with him. Spending big bucks on Crabtree is a waste of money.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's been three years and Kap is still looking for Crabtree. When does the coaching staff see that this guy does not separate. What's becoming apparent, to me at least, is that this team does not make the big play when it has to. The QB is the one making 100 million so it starts with him. Spending big bucks on Crabtree is a waste of money.

I agree with this.

As much as I love Crabs, he just isn't worth the money. This league is a business. Since we're coming down to desperation time here shortly sitting at 4-4, I'd really love to see Stevie get some more playing time. He and Lloyd always seem to come up big when we need it. Not early in the games or in games out of questions. I feel Kap is a very loyal guy to Crabs and more than likely zeroes in on him in crunch time... which is absolutely what not to do. I'd let Crabs walk in the offseason and I'd really like to see Stevie stick around and be our #2 behind Boldin.
I give Harbs until the end of his contract.

Basically, when the NEW YORK f**kING GIANTS are running a WEST COAST OFFENSE, and the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AREN'T, you're doing something seriously wrong. Especially considering Harbaugh claimed to be the last great disciple.

Next HEAD COACH of the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS IS:

Kyle Shanahan

Book it. 3 November 2014.

Originally posted by linkboy:
Roman couldn't develop that with Smith, who is much better than Colin in the pocket. Hell, I'm willing to be Roman wouldn't be able to develop that with Peyton (mostly because Manning would tell him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine).

Roman's strength is in play design, especially in the running game (like the 3rd down play where Boldin, Gore and Ellington were in the backfield, that was a great play call and design). He's downright dreadful at anything that resembles a passing attack.

What? Smith was the ideal pocket passer from 3-7 yards. He never had the weapons Colin has
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
What? Smith was the ideal pocket passer from 3-7 yards. He never had the weapons Colin has

Like a strong arm or a set of legs.
The o line played bad but they didn't make Kap throw so many off target balls or fumble and lose the game. And you said they played especially bad in the first half, well, that's when we scored all our points! Again, Kap/Roman can't lead this offense to the endzone in the second half of a game and like the Bears game Kaps turnovers cost us the game. Although the Rams game wasn't as bad as the Bears game. Kaepernick has more issues outside of the o-line. Issues which have had a big hand in this offense not being a good offense.

Saying "online" is the easy cop out to protecting a favored player. I never hear these guys credit Roman and the online when Cap has a good/decent game. They must first be realistic enough to admit that the online is only as good as the guy who can stay patient in the pocket, may pre play reads, go through their progressions, have short memory, AND MAKE BASIC THROWS such as the touch pass, and or fade route.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Like a strong arm or a set of legs.

Oh like the strong arm and legs that Brady has? Look man, the reason why his legs are so noticeable is because he does not have the mental ability to make reads , go through progressions, and take hits when he gets pressured. And about that arm.........outside of a bullet pass its useless.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Ok, everybody had a bad game. Lee, Kap, OL especially. But one stands out above all...and that is our OC, roman. Kap was Sacked 7 times in the first half and then again in the second, it was apparent to everyone in the stadium that any pass that took longer than 2.5 seconds to throw was going to be a sack. Kap had no time to throw anything but 2.5 second passes. And our guy up in the press box, roman, had to have seen that. But he continued to call 5 step, 7 step, 9 step drops, that took WAY more than 2.5 seconds. Eli did a major study on why he was getting sacked so much. He found, not surprisingly, that any ball not gone in 2.5 seconds, caused him to be sacked. That information is available to anybody.

So roman, and therefore Coach Harbaugh, continued to beat the drum for passes greater than 2.5 seconds, causing 7 sacks in the first half and cratering 5 drives. It is apparent that roman cannot call plays for kap, and Coach H cannot continue to OK them, because against the big RUSH, they result in sacks. So we either keep Kap...or we keep roman and Coach H. We cannot keep both. One or the other has to go, because if kap is given a play that takes longer than 2.5 seconds to be thrown, he gets sacked. Obviously neither JH nor greg noted this as they continued to call pass plays that took longer than 2.5 seconds. So now, we either get rid of kap, or we get rid of greg...and as JH says, he stays with me....so maybe they both need to go. Whatever, their performance today rates right up there with stupidity for the ages, in that all 65,000 fans in the stadium and another 12-15 million saw HaRo call for long developing plays, time after time, with the same result...Kap getting sacked. They all failed. All passes under 2.5 seconds
were gone, no sacks, and most were complete. So there it is. Somebody has to go. Roman cannot call plays for kap and JH isn't going to fire him. ERgo, I guess they both go. Or kap goes, but even tho he had his second horrible game in a row, I would rather keep him than roman. I will give roman credit a few times for rolling kap out, but that was long after the 7 sacks.

As to the question, who goes? Obviously, once again, HaRo could not see the obvious, and no changes were made at half time re: long developing passes. Greg has outstayed his welcome and usefulness here. Our Qb is failing because of greg's incredibly poor play calls. So one or the other...who will it be, and Coach H is free to leave if he has to stay with roman. But somebody has to go after that disgrace out there today. Sure the OL played bad. But that is what a HC does. He makes changes. He makes sure his QB throws the ball before 2.5 seconds go by. Well, today, Coach H failed, and roman failed...again. Somebody has to go. Personally, I like kap, and I like Coach H. But being hardheaded and not very observant, is not the kind of coach we need for a team this talented. This has been a season wasted by bad coaching...and somebody has to, needs to, go.

So your saying fire Roman and the what with the next play caller when the oline sucks then to? Players need to go because they either just are not that good anymore, are not preparing like they used to, or just don't care because the got their money and are to secure. The oline and dline need to be rebuilt. They suck!!! That is not Romans fault.
Share 49ersWebzone