There are 109 users in the forums

Realistic Playoff Chances

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal1632:
Looks to me that D's are catching up To RW's thing. Just like with Kap's running.RW's issues now are a lack of quick wide outs for quick passes. Teams get him stuck in the pocket and are having much more success.

Agree. Plus, I don't think Darrel Bevell has ever developed any QB's that I could think of that were elite, prior to Russell Midget. I'm betting that he can't develop Russell Midget to his full potential the way a Norve Turner, Bill Walsh, or a Jim Harbaugh could.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal1632:
Looking at the teams lining up in the wildcard slots we are going to have to almost win out,maybe one more loss to have a shot at the division.The Cards have a very tough home stretch ahead like most teams.

Yeah, it looks like it. However, one good thing is that the rest of our schedule looks easier than the first half of our schedule. That can change, but I still think this team has a good chance of getting into the playoffs. If Aldon was never suspended, I bet of the 3 losses, we can win two of them, and that would leave us with a 6-1 record. I think we can go with a 6-1 record for the next 7-ish games after Aldon comes back.
Well, actually with both the eagles and cowboys losing, that helps us as we have the tie-breakers with both.

I love it when DAL loses
  • BobS
  • Veteran
We own the head to head tie-breaker against Philly (5-2) and Dallas (6-2). Dallas just lost at home to the Redskins, Romo hurt his back and came back late, as you know a lot of back injuries are worse the next day or two as everything swells up. This could effect Romo's season, and their back up is Brandon Weeden. Right now we are only 1/2 game out of the last wild card spot Green Bay (5-3) and no one in the NFC has played well week in and out other than Arizona 6-1 and they have not exactly been blowing people out. With a couple tie breakers going our way 10-6 could easily grab that 6th seed.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
We own the head to head tie-breaker against Philly (5-2) and Dallas (6-2). Dallas just lost at home to the Redskins, Romo hurt his back and came back late, as you know a lot of back injuries are worse the next day or two as everything swells up. This could effect Romo's season, and their back up is Brandon Weeden. Right now we are only 1/2 game out of the last wild card spot Green Bay (5-3) and no one in the NFC has played well week in and out other than Arizona 6-1 and they have not exactly been blowing people out. With a couple tie breakers going our way 10-6 could easily grab that 6th seed.

I don't want to settle for 10-6. I want an 11-5 or better, the division.
f**k the 6th seed, the division will be ours. we still play arizona again, we will be getting tons of our starters back soon, arizona is entering the hardest part of their schedule and our schedule is getting easier. the stars are aligning nicely for us my brothas and sistas.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
f**k the 6th seed, the division will be ours. we still play arizona again, we will be getting tons of our starters back soon, arizona is entering the hardest part of their schedule and our schedule is getting easier. the stars are aligning nicely for us my brothas and sistas.

Yup, plus we're getting players back at the right time. Everything is still possible. We could still get a 1st round bye.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
I don't want to settle for 10-6. I want an 11-5 or better, the division.

We'll finish 12-4, book it.
49ers still have a good shot at the division. Cardinals are not as good as their record. They will start to lose some games. Plus they still need to play Seattle twice and the 49ers once more.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xela510:
49ers still have a good shot at the division. Cardinals are not as good as their record. They will start to lose some games. Plus they still need to play Seattle twice and the 49ers once more.

The Cardinals are catching all the breaks. Looks like it'll happen again this week with Romo probably being out.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by xela510:

The Cardinals are catching all the breaks. Looks like it'll happen again this week with Romo probably being out.

the back up qb looked pretty good and they can still run the ball, hate to root for the cowboys but we all have our crosses to bear
"THIS TEAM IS GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS" ...in my Jim Fassell voice
We're not even half way through the season and at most 2 games behind any team in the NFC.....
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Oct 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
a lotta football left to play today. a lotta...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
a lotta football left to play today. a lotta...

especially with the parity this year, its a marathon and not a sprint
Share 49ersWebzone