There are 187 users in the forums

Just rewatched the game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
First.... Please edit your post if you wanna get responses. Make more paragraphs

Second... our playcalling on both offense and defense was atrocious. People wanna lay off Roman but we are running a college offense against pro teams. I know everyone watches seattles games, that is an OC who can call plays. Kap had a horrible game last night but the playcalling also left him out in the cold. Soo many times he got the jitters because AGAIN AFTER 3 SEASONS we have a system where its all or nothing. 90% of the time Kap got the jitters because we are trying to get the first down in one play, and not a sequence of plays. Receivers arent breaking off their routes to give Kap an option under duress.

The offense is undisciplined and at this point there is no excuse. Everyone is to blame, but Roman most of all. It starts with him in this offense and if he sees that Kap is trying to force things then ADJUST! Kap throws an interception and we are still running nothing but 10+ yard routes... how hard is it to get the concept of a QB needs to find his groove so call high percentage pass plays. AGAIN he leaned on Gore too much and left Hyde in the cold until it was too late. Also... seriously!?!?! We are going back to the read option as our "wrinkle"? Pathetic all around.

Agree!! We as 9ers fans need not look any further than coaching. I think its time to put these guys on the bubble. Say what you want.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I was so encouraged by a first down PA pass at the goal line last week. I guess we hit our quota for unpredictability...

Put it into perspective.

If Lynch doesn't block the kick - we score only 1 TD and it's more of a blowout.
We need a REAL pocket QB. Its is as simple as that.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:

Didnt read the entire post.. but can someone remind me the outcome of the fumble that Lynch should have just fallen on near the endzone?? What happened after that.. like did the bears end up punting, then did we score?
I could not re-watch this game.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:

A real pocket QB....and after he gets killed behind this OL and s**tty playcalling, then what?
Whatever the reasons may be, this was the single most frustrating regular season loss of the Harbaugh era. I only exclude post-season losses because those are so much more painful and they linger on for so long. But we lost to an inferior team and that is unacceptable.

The Niners outplayed the Bears despite all of the mistakes, penalties, etc.... SF was on cruise control and leading by 20-7. The play calling hurt us badly and that ultimately cost us the game. Yes, Kap threw picks (they were all flukishly amazing INTs) but why are we even throwing it in the FIRST place? Penalties always hurt but 3rd down penalties that extend drives are back breakers.

I dont even know how you are allowed to hit a QB or a WR anymore. Dial's sack was textbook, or at least what used to be textbook.

But despite ALL of that, our team is built to dominate in the running game, especially against the worst run defense in the NFL. When you are winning, and when you are capable of running down the clock with the lead, that's what you do.

When you are in goaline and they have 11 in the box, you audible out of the run into the pass. This is football 101, and just like Roman cost us a Superbowl (for which I will NEVER forgive him) he cost us this game more than anyone else (and there is a lot of blame to go around). Coaches need to put players in a position to succeed. I don't know why we keep outthinking ourselves (see NY Giants game 2 seasons ago).

The NFL is hard enough. You cannot beat yourself if you want to win it all.

BTW, Martin is horrific.
[ Edited by calbear on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by calbear:
Whatever the reasons may be, this was the single most frustrating regular season loss of the Harbaugh era. I only exclude post-season losses because those are so much more painful and they linger on for so long. But we lost to an inferior team and that is unacceptable.

The Niners outplayed the Bears despite all of the mistakes, penalties, etc.... SF was on cruise control and leading by 20-7. The play calling hurt us badly and that ultimately cost us the game. Yes, Kap threw picks (they were all flukishly amazing INTs) but why are we even throwing it in the FIRST place? Penalties always hurt but 3rd down penalties that extend drives are back breakers.

I dont even know how you are allowed to hit a QB or a WR anymore. Dial's sack was textbook, or at least what used to be textbook.

But despite ALL of that, our team is built to dominate in the running game, especially against the worst run defense in the NFL. When you are winning, and when you are capable of running down the clock with the lead, that's what you do.

When you are in goaline and they have 11 in the box, you audible out of the run into the pass. This is football 101, and just like Roman cost us a Superbowl (for which I will NEVER forgive him) he cost us this game more than anyone else (and there is a lot of blame to go around). Coaches need to put players in a position to succeed. I don't know why we keep outthinking ourselves (see NY Giants game 2 seasons ago).

The NFL is hard enough. You cannot beat yourself if you want to win it all.

BTW, Martin is horrific.

The seahawks blowouts were more frustrating because it was more of this x10... but after those losses, this one definitely enters #3 for the regular season taking the place of a tie between the cowboys taking over our stadium in 2012 and the giants owning us.
A pocket passer would make no difference in this going on 3 year HarRoman failboat and oline. They were good enough at first (while suprising the league with this s**t) for success.They were figured out by the Atlanta game before superbowl). We almost made it to the superbowl last year mostly on defense. Heard during the game that the statue of Bill Walsh was seen putting his head down after the runfest at the goal line in the second half. This is Jim's college offensive philosophy as much as it is Roman's ineptness.Was saying before the season we would cough up many games again due to this.Here we go again. Now it's too late for Harbaugh to fire fat boy (like his brother fired his o coordinator) and bring in a real, proven NFL offensive mind. With this current Defense, i'm afraid we are going to get rolled many times this year.

Scoring 3 points in the last 4 second half quarters so far in 2 games with these weapons is coaching failure. plain and simple.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Can't believe they didn't take a shot in the end zone. You can't play to not lose in this league.

LOL Wanna bet?
Originally posted by socal1632:
Scoring 3 points in the last 4 second half quarters so far in 2 games with these weapons is coaching failure. plain and simple.

Bingo. Sounds as if we are way too predictable and we aren't taking what the defense is giving us. That's coaching.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
First.... Please edit your post if you wanna get responses. Make more paragraphs

Second... our playcalling on both offense and defense was atrocious. People wanna lay off Roman but we are running a college offense against pro teams. I know everyone watches seattles games, that is an OC who can call plays. Kap had a horrible game last night but the playcalling also left him out in the cold. Soo many times he got the jitters because AGAIN AFTER 3 SEASONS we have a system where its all or nothing. 90% of the time Kap got the jitters because we are trying to get the first down in one play, and not a sequence of plays. Receivers arent breaking off their routes to give Kap an option under duress.

The offense is undisciplined and at this point there is no excuse. Everyone is to blame, but Roman most of all. It starts with him in this offense and if he sees that Kap is trying to force things then ADJUST! Kap throws an interception and we are still running nothing but 10+ yard routes... how hard is it to get the concept of a QB needs to find his groove so call high percentage pass plays. AGAIN he leaned on Gore too much and left Hyde in the cold until it was too late. Also... seriously!?!?! We are going back to the read option as our "wrinkle"? Pathetic all around.

Good Post!

Agree EXCEPT for blaming Roman MOST of all.

IMO, JH is totally to blame for the play calling.

I think Harbaugh and Roman both share equal blame for the playcalling. Harbaugh does seem to be the person who relays the play into Kaep's ear so he implicitly gives approval of the playcall.
Like most, I'm really tired of our inept offensive play calling. Why pay Lloyd as a spectator when we have difficulty with the pass? Not to mention, in Dallas, Kaep had a couple throws that couldve went the other way....just like it did yesterday. We have a great opportunity to make the most out of this season and it seems our coaches are failing us. We should make Baalke OC, atleast he knows what he's doing.

I haven't really dissected either games but is Kaep going they progressions or is he locking down again?
Share 49ersWebzone