LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 301 users in the forums

with Osgood re-signing...I don't expect to see Patton on the active roster for a long

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy Patton #11 needs to be playing. He's young and needs reps. The 49ers should activate 7 Wrs and sit Craig Dahl.
Originally posted by redrathman:
So you're giving the guy 19 snaps and one target.

Yup, hot garbage alright.

He played more snaps than Stevie Johnson did. Instead of his 22 snaps, I'd rather see them get divided up between Ellington and Patton, guys who will be here for the foreseeable future.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This guy Patton #11 needs to be playing. He's young and needs reps. The 49ers should activate 7 Wrs and sit Craig Dahl.

I do not think we can afford to sit anyone in the secondary. Even Dahl.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

brock may miss a game,, ward and cully have to be careful with concussions, i know some may not like it but dahl is needed,,,,,, he is a real good special teams which of course does not make up for his lack of good play as a safety

Agree. We need healthy bodies out there.

Sad, but true.
osgood for james ? i hope u are all as discusted with this as i am . we totally mistreated james we cost the guy 2 years for nothing . osgood ? are we serious ? i remember how good that james picked looked when we got him , what a waste and we dont treat people like that in ninerland we never have and we shouldnt . terrible terrible .

Yeah, why was Dahl in on that one play?
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
osgood for james ? i hope u are all as discusted with this as i am . we totally mistreated james we cost the guy 2 years for nothing . osgood ? are we serious ? i remember how good that james picked looked when we got him , what a waste and we dont treat people like that in ninerland we never have and we shouldnt . terrible terrible .

Hi LaMike!

argggggh. i cant stand dahl. but i do agree - sadly

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:

Hi LaMike!

Lulz
LMJ never met the promise held out for him as a Baalke choice. The lower body never materialized and as he was drafted as a (potentially) shiftier Kendall Hunter, he unfortunately committed the Cardinal (As in Stanford) Sin. He was inconsistent.

This is Baalke's show no matter how much Harbaugh tries to take over. This running game is built for rbs who lean forward and make positive yards. The reason we run our o-line so close to each other is for this exact purpose; lean forward and get 3-4 yards. LMJ couldn't meet the scheme and he's out. Unfortunately, the most consistency he showed was as a punt returner and based on our pr rds the last X years we can see the premium Baalke puts on prs. Just sayin
Originally posted by welvisdogger:
LMJ never met the promise held out for him as a Baalke choice. The lower body never materialized and as he was drafted as a (potentially) shiftier Kendall Hunter, he unfortunately committed the Cardinal (As in Stanford) Sin. He was inconsistent.

This is Baalke's show no matter how much Harbaugh tries to take over. This running game is built for rbs who lean forward and make positive yards. The reason we run our o-line so close to each other is for this exact purpose; lean forward and get 3-4 yards. LMJ couldn't meet the scheme and he's out. Unfortunately, the most consistency he showed was as a punt returner and based on our pr rds the last X years we can see the premium Baalke puts on prs. Just sayin

I think the actual Cardinal sin is that he complained too many times about his role. Earn your place, don't whine about it.
I think Lloyd is the one who should be worried. I can easily see Patton taking his spot if Lloyd doesn't show much in the next few weeks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They should cut Lloyd. He's worthless. Patton is better and younger and faster than Lloyd.

I was hoping at the last cut down they would cut Lloyd and LMJ and Keep Winston and Osgood. Lloyd is a #3 that does not play special teams Patton plays special teams and could be a 3 or 4 also

I agree 100%. Lloyd was slow back in the day. Now he is out of football for a year and older and more injured. I see absolutely no point to him. I really don't get all the Lloyd WZ love. I really don't. He did nothing for us so far. Plus I don't think he will.

Couldn't agree more. He was brought in specifically to make those 3rd down "Lloyd" catches. He had two chances in the Dallas game, and whiffed on both of them. Waste of a roster spot with Johnson ahead of him and Ellington and Patton behind him. Cut him, give the reps to the young WRs and use the spot for some depth on D or special teams.
Share 49ersWebzone