LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

with Osgood re-signing...I don't expect to see Patton on the active roster for a long

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we could see guys switching off and on. Lloyd had 22 snaps yesterday, more than Johnson and didnt do anything. I wouldnt be shocked to see him and Patton go back and forth.

I also dont see Osgood lasting on the roster for long. He'll be around until the 49ers add a third RB, whether that is Lattimore or someone off the street.
When did Osgood resign?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think we could see guys switching off and on. Lloyd had 22 snaps yesterday, more than Johnson and didnt do anything. I wouldnt be shocked to see him and Patton go back and forth.

I also dont see Osgood lasting on the roster for long. He'll be around until the 49ers add a third RB, whether that is Lattimore or someone off the street.

Well that or we cut Farrell when Davis is healthy so Osgood stays. So Farrell for 3rd RB and Osgood for James
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well that or we cut Farrell when Davis is healthy so Osgood stays. So Farrell for 3rd RB and Osgood for James

Farrell is getting cut eitherway when Martin returns, but it wont be until Martin returns. Neither him or Osgood will be on this roster for long
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
When did Osgood resign?

That's what I was wondering. He take LMJ's spot?
They should cut Lloyd. He's worthless. Patton is better and younger and faster than Lloyd.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Yes, but I dont see the 49ers going with 2 RBs for long
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They should cut Lloyd. He's worthless. Patton is better and younger and faster than Lloyd.

I was hoping at the last cut down they would cut Lloyd and LMJ and Keep Winston and Osgood. Lloyd is a #3 that does not play special teams Patton plays special teams and could be a 3 or 4 also
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

I was hoping at the last cut down they would cut Lloyd and LMJ and Keep Winston and Osgood. Lloyd is a #3 that does not play special teams Patton plays special teams and could be a 3 or 4 also

I agree 100%. Lloyd was slow back in the day. Now he is out of football for a year and older and more injured. I see absolutely no point to him. I really don't get all the Lloyd WZ love. I really don't. He did nothing for us so far. Plus I don't think he will.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Its unfortunate that he won't get reps in game action and I feel its a waste of his talent. Lloyd is the one that is blocking his bath. While I appreciate what Lloyd brings to the team I hate the fact that the now is compromising out future.

I agree 100%. Lloyd was slow back in the day. Now he is out of football for a year and older and more injured. I see absolutely no point to him. I really don't get all the Lloyd WZ love. I really don't. He did nothing for us so far. Plus I don't think he will.
I don't get it either his best days are way behind him. While Boldin is slow he is a beast something Lloyd has never been. I still can't get past the alligator arm duck.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah he'll get his chance eventually. Its what happens when Baalke is your GM and you have the best roster in the NFL.

Players with so much talent, can't even get a chance right away because of others with talent. That is what you call a DEEEEEP roster right there.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
When did Osgood resign?

Signed today, and yes
Originally posted by Janitor:
When did Osgood resign?

Signed today, and yes

I wonder if he had to clean out his locker earlier last week, haha. That would kind of suck.

So you're giving the guy 19 snaps and one target.

Yup, hot garbage alright.
Share 49ersWebzone