There are 119 users in the forums

Predict the 7 inactive players for *Week 2*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Carradine must be in the doghouse or something, really want to see this guy play
Originally posted by ads_2006:
only four I know for sure will be

Josh Johnson, Patton, Dial, and Tank,

might be lynch as well cuz osgood back
LMJ is gone.

Personally, I think there won't be any major changes in comparison to last week.
1)JJ
2)MMartin
3)Anthony Davis
4)Patton
5)Culliver
6)Brock
7)Carradine

Dial seems to be more versatile than Carradine, i.e. could be lined up at NT or LDE. Given that the run defense was crap against the Cowboys, I consider this option as more realistic.
Otherwise, Carradine would be an insurance in case of JSmith's injury. We simply don't have any pass-rushing DE on the roster besides Justin and Tank.
[ Edited by communist on Sep 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM ]
Dial's twitter last night "excited about the opportunity tomorrow. Niner Nation let's go!"

He might have been told he was going to be activated
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 14, 2014 at 6:31 AM ]
Offense:
QB: Josh Johnson although it should be the spoon-fed Blaine Gabbert (3rd QB)
Y: Quinton Patton (7th WR)
ROT: Anthony Davis (Injured)
C: Marcus Martin (Injured) & Dillon Farrell

Defense:
LDE/NT: Tony Jerrod-Eddie (7th DL abd Dial can play LDE and NT)
RDE: Tank Carradine

Boone, Dial, Osgood and Cook activated.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM ]
1) QB Johnson
2) C Martin
3) T Davis
4) CB Brock
5) DL Carradine
6) WR Patton
7) DL Dial
Wow!! I don't get it!! You spend a HIGH 2nd round choice #40 overall on Tank and he's healthy and at a position of need and you don't even activate him 2 games in a row? Something is wrong. Something is definetly WRONG.
Darn! Was really hoping to see Tank and Dial play! Oh well, the coaches must feel that TJE and Dobbs give us a better chance.
Wait, have the inactives been announced?

Anyway, I don't get why Dial and Tank aren't being played. They both looked good in the preseason.
Fangio doesn't want to play defensive linemen if they make assignment mistakes, even if they are better when they are in place. Dial hasn't been making as many mistakes as Tank.

I think they need to get Tank some PT too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

Anyway, I don't get why Dial and Tank aren't being played. They both looked good in the preseason.
one of them should play today,, i think we can set lloyd or a wide out,, we do not need 6 or 7 active wide outs. maybe we can deactivate gore

• THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
one of them should play today,, i think we can set lloyd or a wide out,, we do not need 6 or 7 active wide outs. maybe we can deactivate gore

You were just heavily defending Frank in the Gore Vs Hyde thread and now you want to deactivate him Lol

My guess is that if the Bears receivers dont play, Dial will get some playing time. (I dont see Tank contributing the first half of the season)

Of course they may stick with last weeks game plan and sacrifice rush yards in order to contain Cutler.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:

You were just heavily defending Frank in the Gore Vs Hyde thread and now you want to deactivate him Lol
i thought i would see how the other half lives it was not nice
cciowa thinks we should cut Kap to let Gabbert get a shot.
Originally posted by nannite:

My guess is that if the Bears receivers dont play, Dial will get some playing time. (I dont see Tank contributing the first half of the season)

Of course they may stick with last weeks game plan and sacrifice rush yards in order to contain Cutler.

Not arguing because you may be dead on, just wondering why you think that. Is it just because of the assignment stuff Fangio talked about? I really feel like w/Aldon out we could really use both these guys, especially Tank to provide some pass rush.
Share 49ersWebzone