There are 234 users in the forums

L'Damian Washington

Shop Find 49ers gear online
his best chance is the taxi squad boys..
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
A few tapes from last year.

vs. Florida 2013

vs. Texas A & M 2013

vs. Georgia 2013

I really hope we can store this kid on the PS and develop him. Boldin and Lloyd are getting up there in age and Crabtree needs a new contract. Patton and Ellington are the future at WR for us as of right now. It would be nice if Washington develops into a solid WR too.
It seems like our organization likes to give guys like Washington a shot to break into the league. His story is similar to Patrick Willis.

Alex Boone's story, although slightly different is in the same mold. Problems with alcohol and bad behavior in college. Goes undrafted and gets picked up and placed on the practice squad where any team could have plucked him but stayed away (so every team in the league passed on him twice).

Our organization is top notch in that regard. We could have given up on Aldon and Culliver too but they decided to nurture them instead.

Who's got it better than us.... Nooooobody!!!!!!
It would be kind of cool to at least see him get on the field...and if he got thrown a pass...well, we'll see.
Originally posted by JMedlock5186:
I really hope we can store this kid on the PS and develop him. Boldin and Lloyd are getting up there in age and Crabtree needs a new contract. Patton and Ellington are the future at WR for us as of right now. It would be nice if Washington develops into a solid WR too.

We have no track record of developing receivers therefore i am not sure how much growing we can expect from these guys. Well see how mcdonald / patton contribute this year.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I almost forgot we have signed this kid. Does anyone know whether this dude can play ? He is supposed to be a vertical threat, so he says. I would like to see our QBs throw a couple of deep balls at the guy and see what he's got. But, mind you since our back-ups are so rubbish now, I doubt he will get a chance.
He is a great athlete, tall, and pretty fast. He needs to work on his route running and catching the ball. He is in a great situation learning from Boldin and Crabtree. He won't make the 53 this year but hopefully can be on our PS and get better. He reminds me of a thinner version of martavis Bryant, who many were begging for in the draft. This guy has a good story and hopefully he finds success in the nfl
Needs to add weight/muscle great if we can stash him in our PS
Sucks

More athlete than receiver, needs to develop as a route runner, improve his focus as he tends to get open deep a lot but drops a lot of passes. He could also stand to add some bulk to his body as well.

He's similar to Ricardo Lockette when he was coming out of college, very raw but Washington has shown significantly better potential as a receiver than Lockette ever did.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
He is a great athlete, tall, and pretty fast. He needs to work on his route running and catching the ball. He is in a great situation learning from Boldin and Crabtree. He won't make the 53 this year but hopefully can be on our PS and get better. He reminds me of a thinner version of martavis Bryant, who many were begging for in the draft. This guy has a good story and hopefully he finds success in the nfl

If he can be a thinner version of Martavis Bryant, it could be interesting. I really would like to see a deep threat wideout in action, as of now we still lack that guy.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
More athlete than receiver, needs to develop as a route runner, improve his focus as he tends to get open deep a lot but drops a lot of passes. He could also stand to add some bulk to his body as well. .

This. He needs to develop in all aspects. Especially his hands are a question mark. He had a 12.07% drop rate last year.

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

If he can be a thinner version of Martavis Bryant, it could be interesting. I really would like to see a deep threat wideout in action, as of now we still lack that guy.

Yes both can get deep in a hurry but Bryant is much stronger and more explosive IMHO.

Side note: I think B Lloyd will be our deep threat this year. He won´t beat you deep with his pure speed but he creates seperation with his route running and acceleration. Aside from Ellington he is our best deep threat.

P.S. Mods. Please merge this thread. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179093-ldamian-washington/
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone