There are 144 users in the forums

L'Damian Washington

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Cutting Baldwin gives us 645,000 in cap money. Not sure what Washington will make.

Yes and no.

At this point the Top 51 cap hits count against the cap. With Baldwin waived ($645,000), Borlands contract ($574,359) now counts against the cap. So this move gives us $70,641 in cap money.

L´Damian Washington´s cap hit is $420,000 in 2014.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Washington is really raw, but he has the goods to make a team. He has an AJ Jenkins frame but mentally he is the polar opposite. Hard worker, dedicated and wants to very much play football. Ive seen everygame hes played at MIssouri, being im from there. He has real talent. I was a bit surprised he didnt get drafted. really hope he makes the practice squad.

Agreed. I remember him sticking out at the combine with Mayock saying he could be a poor mans Justin Hunter. Still its a longshot for him to make the team and he would probably get picked up somewhere before making it to the PS. Got a feeling this year its gonna be damn near impossible to get some of the boards longshot favorites to the PS... wonder how many "injuries" are gonna happen in the 4th quarter of that 4th preseason game
He could assume the Randy Moss role in the offense without the route running or ball skills. Great person and should be good in the locker room.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
can this dude return punts?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
no need. okoye is going to.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Interesting, but the chances of him being the team are pretty remote.

Crabtree - Lock
Boldin - Lock
Johnson - Lock
Lloyd - has done everything in his power to make the team
Ellington - close to a lock
Patton - close to a lock

How's Washington going to make the cut??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:

Crabtree - Lock
Boldin - Lock
Johnson - Lock
Patton - close to a lock

he will not,, will help us get through pre season and if he is lucky, maybe the practice squad. him and good old chuck jacobs along with patton and ellington will be who we see the most of in pre season so do not be shocked if we are not polished or high powered with the second and third unit guys in there. hate to see osgood not on that list but hope some of the kids can do special teams . if not we can always sign osgood later in the year i guess
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Crabtree - Lock
Boldin - Lock
Johnson - Lock
Patton - close to a lock

PS guy. if the staff can coach him up, he could be someone to look at in 15 or 16. the speed is definitely there.
Kids story is nothing short of amazing, I root for him based on that alone. Watch his grantland video on YouTube if you haven't already

Phoenix, you are on a roll. I got a great laugh and snorted some of my coffee up my nose, onto my shirt and all over my khakis. Shoes got wet too. Thanks amigo. It WAS funny.

I think I am getting the hang of the cap salary deal. The moment you fire one guy and save some dough, someone else jumps up in his place to take his money...or something like that.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
$5,000, 3 coupons for half-priced footlong sandwiches at Subway, 10x10 poster of Jose Cortez, signed by Mike Cofer and a bus ticket back to a U.S. city of his choosing after he's cut?

lol

X2
[ Edited by calinig4life on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Crabtree - Lock
Boldin - Lock
Johnson - Lock
Patton - close to a lock

That's how I see it too. Unless Chuck Jacobs or one of the other practice squadders do something extraordinary in pre-season. Chuck and Devon have the speed and have the playbooks down. Tough to get past them at this point in time in TC.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Crabtree - Lock
Boldin - Lock
Johnson - Lock
Patton - close to a lock

That's how I see it too. Unless Chuck Jacobs or one of the other practice squadders do something extraordinary in pre-season. Chuck and Devon have the speed and have the playbooks down. Tough to get past them at this point in time in TC.

Those 6 are definitely a lock barring injury.
Share 49ersWebzone