LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

George Seifert ... Its about time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers HOF? Absolutely.

Football HOF? No way. I happen to think Seifert is one of the most overrated coaches of all time.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
He finished his tenure in San Francisco with the most wins in franchise history (Hopefully Harbaugh surpasses that )

I think George is under-appreciated in the grand scheme of things. He himself has said in several interviews that he felt he was never forgiven for the 1990 title game.

What I also remember is how badly he beat us with Steve Beurlein in Carolina for a few years.

Yes. Him and Eric Davis. It used to piss me off something good
Originally posted by teylo31:
He finished his tenure in San Francisco with the most wins in franchise history (Hopefully Harbaugh surpasses that )

I think George is under-appreciated in the grand scheme of things. He himself has said in several interviews that he felt he was never forgiven for the 1990 title game.

What I also remember is how badly he beat us with Steve Beurlein in Carolina for a few years.

Ooooh I hated that.
The 1991 was overlooked, they won their last 6 games and missed the playoffs. Many thought they were the best team at years end.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The 1991 was overlooked, they won their last 6 games and missed the playoffs. Many thought they were the best team at years end.

It's ashamed they didn't get into the playoffs in 1991. They would have been a real tough out.
Originally posted by teylo31:

Friend of mine used to say, hhhmmm davis, sounds familiar!!! Didn't he play for the 49ers. Used to loss me off ha ha.
Originally posted by Arson:
George brought a toughness and professionalism to the 49ers, we won a ring with out bill, or joe, but we never won one with out george.

True but our last one we raided free agency. Signed deion and others, we had a very strong team. Just had to plug couple of pieces to surpass Dallas. Many seasons we easily could of won superbowl, we had to make it there first!!! f**king green bay.....HATE FAVRE, respect his talent but hate him lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Will he finally smile?!
Originally posted by LVJay:

Will he finally smile?!

Probably not lol
Originally posted by Constantine:

Will he finally smile?!

Probably not lol

Just blame it on the bossa nova

Over-rated as a HC. He inherited a team from "The Genius". If he was so good why didn't he prove it in Carolina?

SUPERB Defensive coach and mind. Highly underrated in that capacity.

Really made some boneheaded calls.

Giving the handoff to Roger Craig instead of Tom Rathman in the Giants playoff game.

In a playoff game against Packers, letting Adam Walker field a kickoff or punt [can't remember which] when the guy was wearing a cast!

Best move was benching Young - it was a career changing moment for Young.

He wasn't a terrible HC but not above average.

He deserves to be in 49 HOF.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jun 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by Constantine:

Will he finally smile?!

Probably not lol

Just blame it on the bossa nova

I can picture him cracking a slight (glad) smirk on 02/01/15
I can picture him cracking a slight (glad) smirk on 02/01/15

I still can't believe it's been 20 years since Super Bowl 29. Man how time flies.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
I still can't believe it's been 20 years since Super Bowl 29. Man how time flies.

Some young. Some getting old. Some are old. Some hella old and some are like Tales From The Crypt....
Some young. Some getting old. Some are old. Some hella old and some are like Tales From The Crypt....

It's crazy how a lot of big/memorable (good & bad) thing happen to the niners in years that ended in either "4" or "9".

1979 - get walsh
1984 - best walsh team
1989 - Super Bowl xxiv
1994 - Super Bowl xxix
1999 - end of dynasty
2004 - expansion level roster

So we have a lot of anniversaries on years that end in "4" or "9".....so I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen in Super Bowl 49 It's in the numbers
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone