There are 186 users in the forums

All22 analysis: Red Zone issues

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed on all accounts...th, I'll start up in the background for you and let you know what minute-mark.

No worries, NC. You already wrote what they said. Not a big deal.

I would call the yellow route a Fade as it tails (fades) towards the sideline. Red is a Go/Fly/Streak.
Originally posted by thl408:

I would call the yellow route a Fade as it tails (fades) towards the sideline. Red is a Go/Fly/Streak.

That looks like a fade to me. I believe the key to the fade is selling the go, then just going to get the qb's pass.
AWESOME thread - Thank you so much for taking the time.

Last year I posited that the 9ers needed to come up with a way to pass of the read option or its effectiveness would start to fade. One of your first diagrams shows read-option and the pass option is clear with minor adjustments.

The OL blocking is excellent and sells run. The two ILB though have the FB and RB played in the gap. The TE swinging out left around OLB Matthews is the play - a toss over the low charging Matthews is right there. But it requires a minor adjustment in the play design. VD needs to leave the LOS and threaten to block the DBs up field, and then run inside drawing their focus.

(I can't get the photobucket link to work)

Obviously not a perfect design on my part - just pointing out the opportunity.
[ Edited by HearstFan on Jul 24, 2014 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed on all accounts...th, I'll start up in the background for you and let you know what minute-mark.

No worries man...I have it right here at the 23:00 mark of the latest episode: http://www.49erswebzone.com/podcasts/

No question to me on the fade route...think they just focused more on the type of pass and location of the ball (touch arching timing pass up and over the shoulder of the DB, roughly speaking).
Share 49ersWebzone