Costanzo's back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Whats wrong with Costanzo's back?

The problem is behind him.
I think you can take the ? out now
Cant find anything spectacular in youtubbe on him...
O well
Originally posted by Constantine:
O well

You didn't notice him when he was here? Lol
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niners94:
O well

You didn't notice him when he was here? Lol

this
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Glad to see Blake's back!!

I really thought that he was the best SPECIAL TEAM PLAYER we had when he was here. We shoulda matched the Bears' offer in order to keep him in my opinion. Now, with he being back, and Osgood, we will have an awesome special team coverage!!
O well

YeahC ostanzo's signing sounds to me like we will be letting Osgood move on. Crabtree,Boldin,Johnson,Patton and Ellington will most likely be are top 5 WR barring injury. Costanzo also builds experience and Depth at LB but I think he is specifically a ST replacement for Osgood.
Osgoods out. Lloyds in.

• thl408
I thought Osgood and Costanzo don't even play the same position on special teams. Osgood is a gunner. He lines up wide and is counted on to be the firs guy down the field on punt and kickoff coverage. Constanzo is not used in this role. Guys like Ventrone, Moody, Whilhoite, Lemonier, these are the guys that are in danger of losing their spot on special teams.
Lloyd will probably need an injury to open a roster spot for him. The LB core is now up for grabs. We have our 4 starters. Lemonier, Borland are locks. Who are the other 2? Maybe Lynch and Skuta who played really well last season? Skov could go pup list or practice squad. What about Wilhoite, Moody and Costanzo? Even if we kept 9 that means 2 would have to go barring injury opening up a roster spot.

I think we might see some trades like last year just before the season starts.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Iron sharpens iron! We will have the best special teams unit in the league!

On punt and kick coverage. As far as returning, we're still not anywhere close to the best with LMJ back there.
Originally posted by thl408:
I thought Osgood and Costanzo don't even play the same position on special teams. Osgood is a gunner. He lines up wide and is counted on to be the firs guy down the field on punt and kickoff coverage. Constanzo is not used in this role. Guys like Ventrone, Moody, Whilhoite, Lemonier, these are the guys that are in danger of losing their spot on special teams.

They will find another gunner. Osgoods no longer needed on kickoff coverage. They want as much firepower as possible at the receiver position. They want to keep lloyd.
Share 49ersWebzone