LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 145 users in the forums

Costanzo's back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Fan favorite Blake Costanzo has rejoined the 49ers, according to agent David Canter.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/costanzo-re-signs-49ers

yes!!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If he can make the final roster that gives us a much better chance of keeping six WRs including Brandon Lloyd cuz it probably would make Osgood expendable on ST.

You think we might keep Lloyd? I kind of viewing him as half out the door but I guess it depends on how he performs in TC and the preseasons.

I get the presumption, but Lloyd seems to be impressing the coaches and Kaepernick. If the coaches view him as an asset that we should keep, it makes sense that we bring in Costanzo and let Osgood walk. I think it's still up in the air, but it is a possibility. The 49ers are just adding more opportunity to the roster.
Originally posted by daragon:
If he can make the final roster that gives us a much better chance of keeping six WRs including Brandon Lloyd cuz it probably would make Osgood expendable on ST.

You think we might keep Lloyd? I kind of viewing him as half out the door but I guess it depends on how he performs in TC and the preseasons.

I get the presumption, but Lloyd seems to be impressing the coaches and Kaepernick. If the coaches view him as an asset that we should keep, it makes sense that we bring in Costanzo and let Osgood walk. I think it's still up in the air, but it is a possibility. The 49ers are just adding more opportunity to the roster.

IMO we keep 6 wr. Crabtree, Bolden, Johnson, Lloyd, Patton, Ellington. Because we only keep 6 Osgood is gone and Blake signing was a sign of that, so I tend to agree.

We are going to have some nice talent being cut this year.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jun 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
You're gay.

Am I playing right?
Let's not call each other gay k guys. Save that for the Rams fans
Osgood? Wow, I would take the bet that Blake means Lloyd is adios. Nice to have him around, but if these guys aren't enough for this run first offense, then forget it:

Anquan
Crabs
Stevie
Ellington
Patton
and Lloyd? Maybe, but if we keep Lloyd, we have to go with one less LB, DL, CB, or OL,and we have 5 good WRs right there. plus Osgood caught a really nice 5 yarder last yr like it was no big deal. He can easily be our #6, and then LLoyd has no ST production. Osgood over Lloyd here, in part due to Blake.

Note: we have now entered the Trent Baalke "tinkering and fine tuning mode"
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM ]
I think Osgood makes the team over lloyd. I see the Costanza signing as an Anthony Dixon replacement. We're gonna miss him on ST's.
[ Edited by Hammerthrow99 on Jun 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM ]
No offense but we have 3 good receivers and 2 unknowns. One of those good receivers has had some injury issues and at some point in the season it's almost a gaurantee (the way the past couple seasons have went) another will go down. I personally would like to keep Lloyd around.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
gk glad to have him back,,, the team learned what takes place when you ignore special teams.. do not know how we can keep all these good guys but i will gladly take that problem over the days when we thought jim maxwell was a great linebacker for us
Originally posted by theduke85:
Oh wow -- great point!

I'm secretly rooting for Lloyd to make the team. I know a lot of people don't want him / think he's redundant, but I think he'd provide nice depth. :)

Osgood is so good on ST tho
With the cap room issues we're getting ready to face with all the extensions that need to take place and the players b***hing about their contracts, the cheapest WR will get the 6th spot, that could be Baldwin. He did play some ST last year, you never know.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
probably means the end of the line for Bubba or Osgood.
They need to bring that TM song to Levis!
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
With the cap room issues we're getting ready to face with all the extensions that need to take place and the players b***hing about their contracts, the cheapest WR will get the 6th spot, that could be Baldwin. He did play some ST last year, you never know.

good point
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Oh wow -- great point!

I'm secretly rooting for Lloyd to make the team. I know a lot of people don't want him / think he's redundant, but I think he'd provide nice depth. :)

Osgood is so good on ST tho

Osgood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lloyd
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

B. Lloyd will definitely make the team based on his experience and his ability to get open. Besides we all saw what happens to this team when we lose talented wide receivers to injuries. Davis is prone to several hammy pulls a year too. He'll make it.

I think he is on the cusp. If I am laying money down its on him not making it.
agree with Eng, Lloyd couldn't even get on a team last year
Share 49ersWebzone